I agree, sudden loss in most young teens is I think directly attributable to the ipods and such.
Oh, I wish I had even used them! I am 19, lost my hearing in one ear for no reason. I have never been to any nightclub, had used headphones rarely... The most frustrating thing is that my friends who go to clubs every weekend and listen to very loud music are fine... Why is it so unfair?
Doctor called my case 'idiopathic hearing loss' so yeah.... I am a freak :/
The known causes of SSHL are:-
• Infectious diseases.
• Trauma, such as a head injury.
• Abnormal tissue growth.
• Immunologic diseases such as Cogan’s syndrome.
• Toxic causes, such as snake bites.
• Ototoxic drugs (drugs that harm the ear).
• Circulatory problems.
• Neurologic causes such as multiple sclerosis.
• Relation to disorders such as Ménière’s disease.