Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Express hearing aids

Default Express hearing aids

Has anyone done business with Express Hearing Aids. They are an internet sales. You send in your audio test info, they program the HA's and mail them to you.
    Prices seem really good!

2. Default

Sounds pretty good, will check them out!

factory direct has lower prices
    Freq. 250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 10 15 15 15 45 55 65 75 70 65
    R 20 15 15 10 20 30 60 80 70 65

4. Default

On their website:

"What is an audiogram and how do I get one?
    An audiogram is simply a graph that represents your auditory sensitivity to sound, and is a standard way of representing a person’s hearing loss. You should always ask for a copy of your audiogram after your hearing test to keep as part of your medical records. However, you should also be aware that many hearing centers offer free hearing exams in the hopes of selling you a hearing aid, so if you don’t purchase from them, they may not be so happy to give you a copy of your audiogram. Also, some patients have complained about the high pressure sales tactics employed by certain centers, so you should definitely be aware of this as well. The important point to keep in mind – when you ask for a copy of your audiogram, just say you want one to keep for your own records."

I don't think it is very nice to advise your customers to lie to someone so they can use that person's work to profit themselves, and not only that but profit easily.

The "work" that they do, entering an audiogram and then programming the instruments can be done in literally less than a minute or two. Meanwhile, you have abused your local audiologist who was nice enough to offer an hour or hour and half of his or her time at no cost to perform an examination and consultation with you. If you do this, you should at least be upfront and state your intentions. You may end up in a situation where you only spend a couple hundred dollars more, have life long care and service locally, onsite adjustments & hearing aid cleanings, and other important benefits that will leave you happier and more satisfied with your hearing every hour of every day.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gary1001 View Post
    motorcade, now you are trying to guilt people into to thinking they are doing a disservice to their local dispenser by misleading them and taking tgeir work for free. please tell the truth. the free exam is a sales approach to get people into your office so that you can sell them a hearing aid. if your profession were honest as you want to pretend, they would decouple the price from the services, they would service for a fee hearing aids they didn't sell to the customer if they handle the customer's brand, and they would present all of the options to a customer not just the brand or aid they think is best so the customer could choose.
    shame on you for attempting to make people feel guilty for asking for their records they ARE ENTITLED TO BY LAW. if you don't like it then stop giving exams for free. the customer DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING for your service you gave to them for free unless its not really free but a guise to sell hearing aids as i said like a time share that gives you a "free" room if you listen to a three hour sales pitch. lol
    OK.

Everything is a guise, sales pitch, and attempt to rape a consumer that I do in your eyes. I can see there is no winning. Can you please tell me what part of MY JOB that you have made all these assumptions about where I am dishonest with my patient?

Are you advocating that when I perform a hearing test and a patient has a need for hearing aids, I should just kick them out and say order them online? Or charge $200 per test, tell them to order online, and say good luck actually is what you are saying? Oh, and if they want them programmed, it is $250 per programming session.

That is a terrible model for patients IMO. Please tell me why it is better for a patient to have a charge every time they need a service?

6. Default

if you don't like it then stop giving exams for free. the customer DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING for your service you gave to them for free unless its not really free but a guise to sell hearing aids as i said like a time share that gives you a "free" room if you listen to a three hour sales pitch. lol

By the way, I have never seen someone so angry and disgruntled about a free service. Why does it make you angry to get a free hearing test?

You would rather have a $200 charge for every test? Why?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m0t0rcade View Post
    By the way, I have never seen someone so angry and disgruntled about a free service. Why does it make you angry to get a free hearing test?

You would rather have a $200 charge for every test? Why?
    I have to wonder why, when I go to my ENT, sign the HIPPA forms, my audiogram is PHI and I am entitled to a copy for my records. But when I go to a HA provider and also sign a HIPPA form, the audiogram is called now called a "free" test and no longer PHI.
    KayakerNC
    Eastern North Carolina

My Audiogram

HZ...250.500.1000.1500.....2000..3000.....40 00....6000....8000
    L...20....15..25..35...40...65........ 85........80........90
    R...15....20..35..40.....50...55....... .80........80........90

8. Default

by the way, i'm not upset by a free service, i am upset with you the person who implied that the customer was taking advantage of you the dispenser to get the service without the intention of buying from you.

good try trying to bait me and switch it on me lol.
    You are taking advantage of people if you do this. Sorry, but it is true. The company linked is telling you to LIE to obtain something you want so you don't have to pay for a service. You are choosing to profit a company telling you to lie who does little to no work for you and wasting an hour and a half of time with a local business who has to pay to keep the lights on and an office staffed.

So in your dreams when we go out of business, who is going to test your hearing and service your online purchases?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
    I have to wonder why, when I go to my ENT, sign the HIPPA forms, my audiogram is PHI and I am entitled to a copy for my records. But when I go to a HA provider and also sign a HIPPA form, the audiogram is called now called a "free" test and no longer PHI.
    It is.......who told you it isn't?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post

Quote Originally Posted by m0t0rcade View Post
    It is.......who told you it isn't?
    Beltone, Avada, NuEar.
    KayakerNC
    Eastern North Carolina

My Audiogram

HZ...250.500.1000.1500.....2000..3000.....40 00....6000....8000
    L...20....15..25..35...40...65........ 85........80........90
    R...15....20..35..40.....50...55....... .80........80........90