Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Express hearing aids

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
    I have to wonder why, when I go to my ENT, sign the HIPPA forms, my audiogram is PHI and I am entitled to a copy for my records. But when I go to a HA provider and also sign a HIPPA form, the audiogram is called now called a "free" test and no longer PHI.

Beltone, Avada, NuEar.

Hmmmm.......

Well, in my state we have to provide it, maybe your laws are different.

I have to wonder why, when I go to my ENT, sign the HIPPA forms, my audiogram is PHI and I am entitled to a copy for my records. But when I go to a HA provider and also sign a HIPPA form, the audiogram is called now called a "free" test and no longer PHI.
    the IHS is recommending hearing aid dispensers not to break the HIPAA law. free audio exams are fully covered by the law and refusing to provide the audiogram to the patient is breaking the law. they advise the dispenser to stop giving free exams except with a purchase or add a statement that says the audiogram is the property of the dispenser and is not intended to be used by others. the article explains this does not allow the dispenser to refuse to give the free audiogram to the customer but it protects the dispenser from law suits based on a bad fitting of another using the audiogram to fit.

http://ihsinfo.org/IhsV2/hearing_pro...inal.HiRes.pdf
    Freq. 250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 10 15 15 15 45 55 65 75 70 65
    R 20 15 15 10 20 30 60 80 70 65

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TxPres View Post
    Has anyone done business with Express Hearing Aids. They are an internet sales. You send in your audio test info, they program the HA's and mail them to you.
    Prices seem really good!
    Hello mate,
    Did you purchase SIEMENS Hearing Aids on "Express Hearing Aids" ? (http://www.expresshearingshop.com/)

How was your experience with this company?

Regards
    *Bilateral SensoriNeural Hearing Loss

*My Hearing Aids:
    2 BINAX PURE 7BX Siemens
    with
    minireceiver 2M
    with
    semi open click dome

*My InsituGram with Connexx 7.5:

Hidden Content