Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctor wonít allow insurance filing?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nielloeb View Post
    The doctor had me pay the total cost for my hearing aids up front and file with my insurance company.
    My insurance company says the doctor’s agreement with them gives me a discount down to about $1000. You may have seen this kind of thing on your insurance statements for any kind of doctor.
    My doctor says I signed a form waiving any insurance discount and won't give me money back. The insurance company says many doctors have patients sign waivers, but they usually aren’t valid. However, the insurance company says this waiver is valid because it’s written just right, it doesn’t violate the doctor’s agreement with them, and they don’t encounter these very often.
    Has anybody encountered this kind of thing with any type of doctor?
    Nope.. Never have this problem so far.
    Hope I won't have it in future too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nielloeb View Post
    The doctor had me pay the total cost for my hearing aids up front and file with my insurance company.
    My insurance company says the doctorís agreement with them gives me a discount down to about $1000. You may have seen this kind of thing on your insurance statements for any kind of doctor.
    My doctor says I signed a form waiving any insurance discount and won't give me money back. The insurance company says many doctors have patients sign waivers, but they usually arenít valid. However, the insurance company says this waiver is valid because itís written just right, it doesnít violate the doctorís agreement with them, and they donít encounter these very often.
    Has anybody encountered this kind of thing with any type of doctor?
    Nope.. Never have this problem so far.
    Hope I won't have it in future too.

2. Default

That's just crazy! Sorry to hear that!