Thread: Cochlear Implant Event - Fairfax, VA Sept. 27th

1. Default Cochlear Implant Event - Fairfax, VA Sept. 27th

Hello,

I am a cochlear implant audiologist in Fairfax, VA. I wanted let you all know about a consumer event that is taking place on Sept. 27th in Fairfax, VA. It is a general information session about cochlear implants. While it is sponsored by Med-EL, our clinic does offer all three cochlear implant companies: Advanced Bionics, Cochlear Americas and Med-EL.

So, if you or someone you know is interested in learning about cochlear implants in a relaxed, group environment, please feel free to share! Also - I hope this does not come across as "pushy" I really just want people that are interested in learning more about cochlear implants to have access to this information!

Thank you and have a great day!

Andrea "Annie" Markway, Au.D.
    Cochlear Implant Audiologist
    Otolaryngology Associates
    3801 University Dr Ste. 200
    Fairfax, VA 22030

Hear Life Expo
    10:00am - 12:30 pm
    Residence Inn Fairfax City
    3565 Chain Bridge Road
    Fairfax, Virginia 22030

Details:
    - Learn how cochlear implants can help you or your child hear again
    - Meet cochlear implant recipients
    - Better understand the causes of severe hearing loss

Free admission, self-parking and CART services available.
    Hors d'oeuvres provided.
    RSVPs appreciated. Contact Tiffany Harvey (tiffany.harvey@medel.com or 804-815-4921)

Blog Entries

Hello, I recently suffered Sensorineural hearing loss that has left me almost completely deaf. I am very interested in learning about cochlear implants, since it might be my only option. I only have 30 percent of hearing in my left ear left. I heard perfectly my entire life, and this is very difficult for me. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and weigh out all of my options. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in total silence and develop dementure Thank You for your time. Any information would be greatly appreciated

3. Default

I am sorry about the recent loss of your hearing. I would contact your local cochlear implant center. If you are unsure who works with hem in your area- you can select "find a clinic" at the manufacturer websites listed below. Also- I am listing a very informative non-biased website, which is created by cochlear implant recipients.

Cochlearimplanthelp.com

Manufactures
    Advanced bionics
    Cochlear americas
    med-EL

Best wishes.

Your best resources are listed below.