Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts

1. Default Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts

offline...
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 04:29 PM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Buy the best/top brand used hearing aids for approximately 25 percent of retail value.

Don't use NOAHLink. You don't need it. NOAHLink is never required for any fitting software. It's just database software that is used to keep track of multiple clients and multiple fitting software programs. If you are a self programmer it is simpler to run the fitting software standalone and not use NOAHLink.

Don't use iCube for Phonak/Unitron. It/iCube has a nasty habit of freezing/locking your hearing aids and then you need to use a Hi-Pro and cables to unlock it.
    The problem with buying used hearing aids is you don't know if they're performing to specification. They may be suffering from microphone drift or receiver distortion due to shock and impact. New hearing aids undergo electroacoustical testing prior to shipment.

NOAHlink isn't database software. It's a wireless programming interface that can be used in place of HI-PRO.

iCube works fine for current-generation Phonak and Unitron hearing aids. If you lose communications during programming, you can repair the hearing aids by using the Reset option in the current fitting software.

3. Default

Okay, Thanks.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    The problem with buying used hearing aids is you don't know if they're performing to specification. They may be suffering from microphone drift or receiver distortion due to shock and impact. New hearing aids undergo electroacoustical testing prior to shipment.
    Heavy sigh... You forgot to say that self programming is dangerous.
    Last edited by pvc; 01-21-2015 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post

NOAHlink isn't database software. It's a wireless programming interface that can be used in place of HI-PRO.

iCube works fine for current-generation Phonak and Unitron hearing aids. If you lose communications during programming, you can repair the hearing aids by using the Reset option in the current fitting software.

What is considered the current Phonak aids (Spice or Quest); software Target 3 or 4?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rona100 View Post
    What is considered the current Phonak aids (Spice or Quest); software Target 3 or 4?
    Any hearing aid that is still available for purchase from Phonak would be considered current. This includes Spice, Quest, and Venture products.

7. Default

great post. but for those who think there's too many steps. the first step should always be to get the programming software. some companies like widex have made it a requirement I believe to have a purchase account with them in order to download their latest compass gps programing software.

anybody know if phonak's target software now requires some kind of online registration to be used?

- - - Updated - - -

great post. but for those who think there's too many steps. the first step should always be to get the programming software. some companies like widex have made it a requirement I believe to have a purchase account with them in order to activate their latest compass gps programing software.

anybody know if phonak's target software now requires some kind of online registration to be used?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown View Post
    great post. but for those who think there's too many steps. the first step should always be to get the programming software. some companies like widex have made it a requirement I believe to have a purchase account with them in order to download their latest compass gps programing software.

Good point. I agree and made the first step Get The Software.

9. Default

Yup, that's what I did, found the software 1st before getting the aids with programming software.
    Getting the software isn't as easy as the OP says it is. Takes time and a lot of wait until the right person shows up at the forum.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shurup View Post
    Yup, that's what I did, found the software 1st before getting the aids with programming software.
    Getting the software isn't as easy as the OP says it is. Takes time and a lot of wait until the right person shows up at the forum.
    I didn't mean to imply it's easy to acquire the software for all brands. It's easy for some. I will try to clarify that.
    Last edited by pvc; 01-21-2015 at 10:41 AM.