Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuganah View Post
    Ha ha....yep! I get it. BTW I always wanted one of those, I wanted one so badly......Dad never bought me one because I was a naughty little shit and he just knew that I would shoot my eye out....just to piss him off I suppose. These Savias are VERY loud when you turn them up. SPL is claimed at some 120dBs at 2cm. That is $%#@ing loud! But I think the damage has already been done....(explosives in the navy divers course)......I think I will need to adjust the entire waterfall that I have to a few dBs less than it is, right across the whole bandwidth. Wish the Mini thingy would arrive. I look forward to engaging you in my adjustments. I will post a way to open the mini thingy and connect the wires directly to the back of the connectors so that nobody needs to use the silly plugs anymore. That can't be hard to do, your local radio fixer guy (I wonder if any are left) would be able to do it, or any one with a small soldering iron really. Not hard to learn how to do that.
    Off to Norfolk Island for a holiday of a few days. Mutiny on the Bounty and all that. Should be a gas! Cheers
    My mini Pro arrived in only one week shipped to the USA. Some other-than-USA counties may have to clear customs?? You can still damage the hearing that you have left, see >>Chili<<. I never assist with anyone's fitting! Hard-wiring your CS44A cables will lock you into programming only Phonak hearing aids. Other hearing aids use CS44 cables. You should post your questions (if any) to the forums and not directly to me. And post them in a separate thread so that future readers don't have to slog through individual issues.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-09-2017 at 10:48 PM.

I just received my OPN's (model 1). The audi my worker's comp sent me to didn't know a whole lot about them. When I demo'd them from another audi, seemed like I could hear better than I can now. So I was thinking about getting the equipment to fine tune these myself.

Can someone confirm the HiPro mini on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...o+hearing+aids will work with my Win 7 pro laptop and the Oticon Genie 2 software (already downloaded)? Where can I get the cables I need? Thanks!
    Phonak Virto Q (2013 - 2017) Currently OPN1

250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    10 10 20 35 50 55 50 55
    35 40 60 70 80 100 105 100

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I just received my OPN's (model 1). The audi my worker's comp sent me to didn't know a whole lot about them. When I demo'd them from another audi, seemed like I could hear better than I can now. So I was thinking about getting the equipment to fine tune these myself.

Can someone confirm the HiPro mini on aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...o+hearing+aids will work with my Win 7 pro laptop and the Oticon Genie 2 software (already downloaded)? Where can I get the cables I need? Thanks!
    Read the OP/Original Post and click the links within!! Then if you have a specific question start a new thread! Future readers shouldn't have to slog through this thread reading about already answered newbie problems one after another over-and-over-and-over.

4. Default

Changed the OP for clarity by adding links to pictures for the following;
    standard >>CS44<< programming cables,
    flex strips,
    boots,
    and pills

5. Default

Changed the OP/Original Post to mark the USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1) as No longer readily available

ETA: Yikes, they are on sale on EBay again, Big time! Though still try for the mini Pro.
    Last edited by pvc; 03-25-2017 at 02:40 PM.

6. Default

Updated the section of the OP that discusses wireless programming devices.
    Last edited by pvc; 04-02-2017 at 08:21 AM.

7. Default

Updated the OP section pertaining to Hi-Pro recommendations after recent discussions about a new model, namely the USB Hearing Aid Programmer (USB 2.0) and it's recently found Windows 10 driver.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Updated the OP section pertaining to Hi-Pro recommendations after recent discussions about a new model, namely the USB Hearing Aid Programmer (USB 2.0) and it's recently found Windows 10 driver.
    What a load of crap! You're now saying the Chinese Hi-Pro counterfeit/knockoffs are USB 2.0 when you labeled them a "USB 1.1 downgrade" last month in the mini Pro thread. You just keep pulling alternative facts out of your arse! People are gonna figure out you don't know you're talking about pretty soon.

9. Default

Repeated from another pvc-throws-a-hissy-fit-and-lashes-out-at-me thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Yes I initially/mistakenly thought that the new EBay listings for USB Hearing Aid Programmer were relisted/renamed USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1) that were returning after removal for Trademark infringement. Not so, they are actually a newer version USB Hearing Aid Programmer and they seem to be (USB 2.0).
    Bullcrap! Putting a piece of white tape over the Hi-Pro label to hide the fact that it's counterfeit does not transform a USB 1.1 device into a "newer" USB 2.0 device. It's the same old device. Only a dumbass would believe otherwise.

10. Default

I hate posting timeouts. I had written a whole thing and I forgot to defensively copy the text and clicked post and gone. Crap.
    Anyway...I'll make this shorter.

Give it up cszoom1. pvc has been helpful in this diy thing. I don't care if something is a rip-off, knock-off, counterfeit whatever. If it works and is cheaper than "the proper" product then oh well. pvc has collected information on several variations that apparently work. Great. Readers can make up their minds if they want to use any of those options weighing quality and workmanship and whatever criteria they like when it comes to THEIR money. I know I will come the day.
    Go ahead and say your piece when you feel so inclined (not that you need my permission of course). But the rudeness is completely unnecessary. Sure pvc could stop egging you on and be the bigger person but if you rise to the bait then that's on you.