Blog Entries

Default Now this is the way to get hearin aid help

About Van Doorne Hearing Care

http://www.vandoornehearing.com/about-office-mission

Sorry I mistyped hearing in the Title.
    Chuck
    Navy Vet (Service Related hearing loss)
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    khz 250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    rht
    lft 25 35 50 60 70 65 65 60 50

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

Quote Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
    About Van Doorne Hearing Care

http://www.vandoornehearing.com/about-office-mission

Sorry I mistyped hearing in the Title.
    pretty good page but in my opinion it lists a bunch of features of their service but what are the benefits of each feature. especially for the new wearer.
    i am a software engineer by training, a business owner and salesperson by experience. technical people like the folks who wrote this page either forgot or do not know that its the benefits that sell and not the features. why do i as a hearing aid wearer want this feature and how does it benefit me personally. without this information most people can't determine value. value to cost provides perceived benefit
    Freq. 250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 10 15 15 15 45 55 65 75 70 65
    R 20 15 15 10 20 30 60 80 70 65

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gary1001 View Post
    pretty good page but in my opinion it lists a bunch of features of their service but what are the benefits of each feature. especially for the new wearer.
    i am a software engineer by training, a business owner and salesperson by experience. technical people like the folks who wrote this page either forgot or do not know that its the benefits that sell and not the features. why do i as a hearing aid wearer want this feature and how does it benefit me personally. without this information most people can't determine value. value to cost provides perceived benefit
    The hearing aid business grew out of the needs for us older folks that were not tech savvy, and yes I know of a lot of little kids that need aids from the time they are born. I also understand the world of tech has changed but it seems like the ones dealing with the fitting of aids have not yet come to understand that.

My first Audi was maybe 45 and he could not figure out how to set up a usb cable to the adapter so that he could make adjustments to my aids. Then I moved and the next audi I saw had the same issue. Now I have to say that I have not seen an audi at the VA that did not understand their computer systems. But also most of them are the age of my grown kids are maybe even younger.
    Chuck
    Hidden Content
    Oticon custom ITC Alta Pro with Streamer Pro 1.3, TV connect 2, phone connect, Streamer Mic, and IPhone app
    rht

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

The hearing aid business grew out of the needs for us older folks that were not tech savvy, and yes I know of a lot of little kids that need aids from the time they are born. I also understand the world of tech has changed but it seems like the ones dealing with the fitting of aids have not yet come to understand that.

My first Audi was maybe 45 and he could not figure out how to set up a usb cable to the adapter so that he could make adjustments to my aids. Then I moved and the next audi I saw had the same issue. Now I have to say that I have not seen an audi at the VA that did not understand their computer systems. But also most of them are the age of my grown kids are maybe even younger.

i agree and because it grew out of folks who were older and not tech savy, you would think they would already be used to explaining by benefits instead of by features. for example, they mention the REM test but what is it, i know but many don't, and how does it benefit me. the medical profession has an attitude sometimes and they forget it is our body and our money they are doing their test on and we deserve an explanation instead of treating us like we treat two year olds. lmao
    Freq. 250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 10 15 15 15 45 55 65 75 70 65
    R 20 15 15 10 20 30 60 80 70 65

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gary1001 View Post
    i agree and because it grew out of folks who were older and not tech savy, you would think they would already be used to explaining by benefits instead of by features. for example, they mention the REM test but what is it, i know but many don't, and how does it benefit me. the medical profession has an attitude sometimes and they forget it is our body and our money they are doing their test on and we deserve an explanation instead of treating us like we treat two year olds. lmao
    I believe it is that the generation before me never seemed to ask the questions. I know that I can go to some doctors and I will ask questions that make them uncomfortable then they kind of go back into a shell and sometimes even tell me that it is not important that I know. Well that is when I start looking for another doctor. But first I tell them very bluntly that it is my health and my life so it is every important that I know. And what is surprising to me is that I see that happen even with younger doctors that should be use to questions from people that are more educated. But I believe that it is the fact that even now days most professors have the concept that know one knows a damn thing unless they have some huge high degree from some Ivy league College.
    Sorry for my attitude, but even though I do not have a degree I do have more college credits than most PhDs. And I know that my spelling and grammar is not the best but I never saw the importance of Grammar, I was mostly interested in Tech stuff.
    Chuck
    Hidden Content
    rht

Srt
    rht 45db
    lft 40db
    word recognition
    right 44% @90db
    left 80% @ 90db

You also have to remember that prior to digital HA's, adjustments were made with a screwdriver, so many of the older audiologists and HIS had to adapt to the computer being used to do what they used to do with a screwdriver.

In regards to doctors: I have found that the best ones are the ones who have been patients themselves or have underlying medical conditions. A good friend of mine who is a retired doctor told me once to avoid any doctor over 55, because they aren't reading the journals like they used to and are basically just putting in time until retirement.

Chuck, as to misspelling hearing (hearin), I just thought that was how they spelled it in Texas!
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25