Thread: Moisture found on battery door? Why?

1. Default Moisture found on battery door? Why?

To my surprise, after wearing my BTE's most of the day, I opened the battery door and saw moisture on the battery mounting door bracket. I was shocked! There was no reason for it. I was not in any rain, I was out once in the cold only to check the mail and that was it, I stayed dry indoors all day, I had not been sweating for any reason. There was absolutely no reason I could figure as to why the moisture formed. I put them in a dryer every night. I did not notice any moisture in the morning but I wasn't looking for any either. This is really a curious find????

Can anyone give me a clue as to why moisture formed? Did it come from the battery??? I don't believe that but I can't figure anything else. I'll be looking very closely with my loops for now on.

I'm new to HA's and this forum by the way. Just got my Widex RIC/RITE Unique Fusion 330's a week ago and I've been very careful to keep them clean and dry.

2. Default

It was probably caused by condensation. The hearing aids aren't airtight, so warm air can get inside and moisture can condense on the inner surfaces.

Zinc batteries can lose water as part of their operation if their Teflon seal is breached.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

4. Default

The moisture was literally coming from my ears without swetting. What cured it was the use of HA sweat bands I recently purchasrd.