Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early battery change

Default Early battery change

Been using Phonak VSP aids for years, and recently Phonak S+ SP from the UK NHS underthe name of Nathos.

I remember the size13 battery lasting nine or ten days before getting the dead Beep. Bythis time I was struggling to hear properly, and now change batterieson the eighth day just before distortion gets too bad.

I use Rayovac size13 310 mAh, but having been told years ago, that the zinc airbattery holds full charge until it dies, doesn`t seem to hold waterany more.
    Reading some of yourposts, it appears the newer aids are a little power hungry. I thoughtthe nano technology used less power! Any thoughts please.

I can get close to five days with my KS6, so I just change batteries after four days. Batteries are 312, and I do use the app on my iPhone when in a noisy environment.

Mercury free cells may have a slightly different life-profile as the Mercury used to act as a suppressant to the early oxidation of the zinc (from a hazy memory). The control of the burn is now achieved through slightly different engineering within the cell. I'm guessing with a high power consumption like your Nathos, the drop in voltage in the last couple of days is more noticeable than with an 'average' user.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thanks for yourreply.
    That must be theanswer, as I remember them lasting longer a year or so ago. Nice toknow it`s not me, but the way they do it now.

Blog Entries

Just like a phone, using Bluetooth detracts from battery life. The listening for signal mode in the aids is always on but when it receive a signal it powers up fully. That's an added drain. Others here that have used streaming a lot report the same results. With Costco batteries, which are a bit over .20 each, it sure won't break us when we stream.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

I have nothing to stream at the moment, as I can`t understand music anyway!

I have a phone program, but this needs more gain to be useful. I use a mobile for text only. TV is via a Radio neck loop, and works well. The home phone is not HA compatible, but my wife usually answers that.
    As for batteries, hearing takes priority over those, so they get changed! I try to keep it simple.....

7. Default

I will get an average of 6 days with a 312 battery. Fortunately, my aids will say "battery low" before they die completly and will repeat the message if I forget.

Being new to HA, I have only one week under my belt, and not know much about the performance of the battery, I have several questions. The first pair of batteries lasted 5.5 days x 15 hours/day = 85 hours. After fiddling the first day with programs and volume settings, I now keep the volume pretty low, the second notch from the bottom (2/16).

After replacing the batteries, I found out that the new spare batteries out of the package don't last. They are size 312, mercury-free sold by Costco (they don't say who the manufacturer is); I have two different expiration dates (different batches, all expiring in 2019), and they last one day. I'm trying to understand if the spare batteries I purchased suffered because of storage at the wrong temperature, or if there is something wrong with them. The specs I found for Energizer 312 all have a capacity of 160 mAh. I wanted to ask the knowledgeable people in this thread if they know the average mA drain or the electrical impedance of the HA, to be able to calculate the theoretical duration for the spare batteries.

I also measure the voltage of the batteries I take out the package with a voltmeter, and for some it reads around 1.39 V. For others it reads 1.1 V. Does anybody know up to what voltage does the HA hardware still work OK, and at what voltage does the low-battery alarm kick in?
    Hidden Content
    L -- 15 - 25 - 25 - 30 - 60 - 60 - 60 - 60 - 65
    R -- 25 - 45 - 35 - 30 - 50 - 60 - 60 - 65 - 75

Speech Discrimination L 80%, R 92%
    Rexton Trax 42

Giovanni

The current draw is variable depending on how you use your aids. I use 312 batteries and have used a lot of different manufacturers. Performance among the brands is pretty comparable. I wear Phonak Brio 312Ts. If I am doing a fair amount of streaming, I will get about 4.5 days. No streaming and I will get around 6 days of wearing time. My typical daily wear time is around 15-16 hours. Sorry, but I can't answer the rest of your questions.
    Brad
    SRT
    70 db R/15 db L
    WR
    R 56% at 65db/L 100% at 60db

Freq. 250 500 750 1K 1.5K 2K 3k 4k 6k 8k
    L 15 5 15 20 20 0 15 40 105 95
    R 15 35 50 55 55 50 50 60 80 100

oh no.. not again.