Thread: Miracle Ear Sears/Sunland Park Mall El Paso TX

1. Unhappy Miracle Ear Sears/Sunland Park Mall El Paso TX

3 years ago, my mother moved to El Paso from Tacoma Wa. She had just purchased Miracle Ear ha's so I took her to the nearest franchise, about a mile away. For the past 3 years, she would go regularly for cleanings and the occasional hearing test and "tweak". This last time, after her hearing test, the audiologist (who was new) said that his computer could "no longer communicate" with her hearing aids. We left without an adjustment. I went away feeling this was just a scam to move her to new ha's, since this franchise was not making any money from her care. Is this typical, and is this true? I would assume that the software would always be available, and able to tweak the appropriate aid as long as it is functioning properly. I ask this because I recently sat in on an appointment with another elderly lady at a clinic that accepts medicaid, and he told me that his clinic would always be able to tweak her aid. This is the only location in El Paso that accepts medicaid, by the way, because he said that they were the only providers willing to jump through medicaid's hoops. This gentleman is a Dr of Audiology,too. In the meantime, my mother is stuck with improperly adjusted ha's that supposedly can't be "tweaked". Should I try another location in the hopes that they will still have the software? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee to keep her ha's tuned properly, but this option was not offered me, only the chance to buy a "newer" set.

Blog Entries

You might contact Miracle Ear corporate and see what they say. The software is likely still able to adjust the aids which are Siemens aids. Vendors do not remove support for 3 year old aids.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Mom's Advocate View Post
    3 years ago, my mother moved to El Paso from Tacoma Wa. She had just purchased Miracle Ear ha's so I took her to the nearest franchise, about a mile away. For the past 3 years, she would go regularly for cleanings and the occasional hearing test and "tweak". This last time, after her hearing test, the audiologist (who was new) said that his computer could "no longer communicate" with her hearing aids. We left without an adjustment. I went away feeling this was just a scam to move her to new ha's, since this franchise was not making any money from her care. Is this typical, and is this true? I would assume that the software would always be available, and able to tweak the appropriate aid as long as it is functioning properly. I ask this because I recently sat in on an appointment with another elderly lady at a clinic that accepts medicaid, and he told me that his clinic would always be able to tweak her aid. This is the only location in El Paso that accepts medicaid, by the way, because he said that they were the only providers willing to jump through medicaid's hoops. This gentleman is a Dr of Audiology,too. In the meantime, my mother is stuck with improperly adjusted ha's that supposedly can't be "tweaked". Should I try another location in the hopes that they will still have the software? I am willing to pay a reasonable fee to keep her ha's tuned properly, but this option was not offered me, only the chance to buy a "newer" set.
    What does your mom's contract with Miracle Ear say? Sounds to me like this new guy is not to be trusted.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25