Thread: ComPilot replacement battery

Default ComPilot replacement battery

Does anyone know where a person might purchase a replacement battery for a ComPilot?
    The battery is: Model #AE482539P
    Lithium Polymer Battery
    3.7 V 450mAh
    Itís just a 1 ľ x 1/8 x 7/8 , three wire (one wire for the thermistor) with a plug in connection.
    It would be quite easy to replace if one could find a source to buy the replacement battery.

If you have "Batteries Plus Bulbs" stores in your area, I would try there. I took apart an old shaver once that had rechargeable batteries that were sort of an oddball form factor, and they actually had replacements. I'm sure there are places online as well, but they can be hard to find. Good luck!

Robert

How long did the original last before it stopped recharging correctly?
    Mike
    250 --500-- 1000-- 1500-- 2000-- 3000-- 4000-- 8000
    35 --- 25----- 30---- 45----- 55----- 65----- 80----- 95
    (Both ears almost identical)

You might send a message to Connevans. They are a great source for repair part, and have replacement batteries for many devices, although I did not see the ComPilot listed.

They are in the UK, but have reasonable prices and shipping.

Their email address is: askaquestion@connevans.com

RodeoGeorge

There was a thread on this Forum a couple of years ago about replacing the battery in an Oticon streamer with an Ipod battery from Amazon. It was also 3.7 V and similar amp-hours. I got one of these: http://smile.amazon.com/Insten-Repla...ct_top?ie=UTF8 and only recently installed it (long story why it sat 2 years) - and it works like a charm.

You sound quite competent - my knowledge of electricity is mostly about how to avoid getting a shock - so I think you will be in good shape if you can find an Ipod battery on Amazon that is the correct size and shape.
    Right:
    125 HZ -60
    250 HZ -60
    500 HZ -60
    750 HZ -75
    1kHZ -80
    1.75k HZ -80
    2kHZ -60
    4kHZ -75
    5kHZ -85

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BoCat View Post
    There was a thread on this Forum a couple of years ago about replacing the battery in an Oticon streamer with an Ipod battery from Amazon. It was also 3.7 V and similar amp-hours. I got one of these: http://smile.amazon.com/Insten-Repla...ct_top?ie=UTF8 and only recently installed it (long story why it sat 2 years) - and it works like a charm.

You sound quite competent - my knowledge of electricity is mostly about how to avoid getting a shock - so I think you will be in good shape if you can find an Ipod battery on Amazon that is the correct size and shape.
    I took the dead battery out of my Compilot I; it has these specs:

I'm not a super accurate measurer....

MM 38.15X 23.5 x 3.75
    IN 1.5 X .9 X .125
    3.7V 450mAH 1.67Wh

Part Numbers: IP462539 lithium polymer
    also this is on the battery: MH47577

I will likely order the battery that BoCat used...it doesn't show an end connector...not sure how to work that out...maybe some soldering or splicing??
    I got lucky and had a screwdriver bit that worked...2 screws and I got it out.
    Costco wants $135 to send it off for a "refurb"...and I have to renew my membership according to the Costco person....so about $200.
    I found a battery on Interstate Battery's website with the same voltage/ mAh/Wh..same length and width...but too thick. I called them...no luck.
    This is one hard to find battery!

Way off the subject...but...If I could have gotten closed captioning working on a "smart" TV, I wouldn't have needed the Compilot. A lot of searches showed me that the TV will not do CC for Netflix movies...but a laptop will(maybe I could synchronize the movie with the laptop and do CC on the laptop?) , so will a ROKU $49, or an Amazon Fire TV stick...or other devices. All of these are cheaper than sending the Compilot back to Phonak through Costco. (But I'm trying BoCat's battery solution.)
    Last edited by SpenceRidge; 07-23-2016 at 03:57 AM.
    ---250---500---1k---2k---3k---4k---6k---8k
    L--35----20----20---50---70---70---65---70
    R--30
    ----20----25---40---85---80---78---72
    Phonak Brio R312T...trial until Jan 26, 2015
    BTE-RIC

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SpenceRidge View Post
    I took the dead battery out of my Compilot I; it has these specs:

I'm not a super accurate measurer....

MM 38.15X 23.5 x 3.75
    IN 1.5 X .9 X .125
    3.7V 450mAH 1.67Wh

Part Numbers: IP462539 lithium polymer
    also this is on the battery: MH47577

I will likely order the battery that BoCat used...it doesn't show an end connector...not sure how to work that out...maybe some soldering or splicing??
    I got lucky and had a screwdriver bit that worked...2 screws and I got it out.
    Costco wants $135 to send it off for a "refurb"...and I have to renew my membership according to the Costco person....so about $200.
    I found a battery on Interstate Battery's website with the same voltage/ mAh/Wh..same length and width...but too thick. I called them...no luck.
    This is one hard to find battery!

Way off the subject...but...If I could have gotten closed captioning working on a "smart" TV, I wouldn't have needed the Compilot. A lot of searches showed me that the TV will not do CC for Netflix movies...but a laptop will(maybe I could synchronize the movie with the laptop and do CC on the laptop?) , so will a ROKU $49, or an Amazon Fire TV stick...or other devices. All of these are cheaper than sending the Compilot back to Phonak through Costco. (But I'm trying BoCat's battery solution.)

Did you ever find a solution for your ComPilot battery? I am also now looking for one for my wife's ComPilot I

Thanks
    Jerry

Default ComPilot Battery

I'm trying to find one too.

Quote Originally Posted by DrPhyxIt View Post
    Did you ever find a solution for your ComPilot battery? I am also now looking for one for my wife's ComPilot I

Thanks
    Jerry

9. Default

I would not try to replace the lithium ion battery in ANY device unless I knew for certain that it was the Exact same battery. LI-ion batteries and power supply mismatches can result in explosions and fires -- - not good if it is hanging around your neck and under a flammable shirt ....