Thread: BTE Adjustement time frame? and ear mold

Default BTE Adjustement time frame? and ear mold

I have had my hearing aid about a year and a half now, It seems as I am not hearing as well as when I first got it. How often should I have it checked for an adjustment?
    also I have a ear mold, and it seems that it moves a lot now, I have lost about 15 pounds since I got it, so I am not sure if that would cause the ear mold to get lose.
    Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Also any woman notice that your hair on the side of the BTE has slower growth?

Thanks
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by LindaH417 View Post
    I have had my hearing aid about a year and a half now, It seems as I am not hearing as well as when I first got it. How often should I have it checked for an adjustment?
    also I have a ear mold, and it seems that it moves a lot now, I have lost about 15 pounds since I got it, so I am not sure if that would cause the ear mold to get lose.
    Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Also any woman notice that your hair on the side of the BTE has slower growth?

Thanks
    Linda
    When was the last time you had a hearing test? You should have one at least once every couple years at the very least, annually would be better. When and how often did you go in for adjustments when you first got your HA's? It usually takes several appointments to get them dialed in. Try keeping a journal over the next few weeks and write down all the problems you are having and then make an appointment and go in and see your audi and show them what you have written. They will probably test your hearing and see if your hearing has gotten worse and then make the changes that are needed. Since you have lost weight that is why the mold is moving around so you probably need a new mold or molds made; also have you cleaned your molds and changed your tubes, wax guards(iif you have them) since you got your HA's? This should be done on a regular basis. Good luck!
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25