Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Hearing aid color for men

  1. Default

    JeffBowser,

    1. It's a medical device, a barely visible one at that, not a fashion statement.
    2. Color is not even in the top 1000 concerns I have about a hearing aid.

    And since you stated your age as relevant, I am well over 40 and have been wearing aids since kindergarten.

    I reduced the list of the most primordial articles until I get to the point of knowing which is the most appropriate for my deafness. For example, this year 6 audiograms, a tympanoplasty surgery, and countless visits to the specialist.

    I also strive to raise the necessary money to buy a brand that is a little above the average level.

    You can see my numbers, my two ears are more deaf than your bad. Let me tell you how I see it, since I have reduced that list, why not have a little fun, sweeten and cheerfully celebrate my deafness.
    Tympanoplasty on 2016 for right ear, after surgery improvement from 60 to 25 HL db

    250
    500 1K 2K
    4K 8K
    L/R 15/25 20/30 45/55 75/95 80/110 90/115

  2. #12

    Default

    Some folks are wrapped way too tight on this forum..why would anyone care what color he picks much less feel obligated to spank him? Usually I have the optic green sweatbands on but sometimes I go with the bright orange.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    [W]hy not have a little fun, sweeten and cheerfully celebrate my deafness.
    You've got it!
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    JeffBowser,




    I reduced the list of the most primordial articles until I get to the point of knowing which is the most appropriate for my deafness. For example, this year 6 audiograms, a tympanoplasty surgery, and countless visits to the specialist.

    I also strive to raise the necessary money to buy a brand that is a little above the average level.

    You can see my numbers, my two ears are more deaf than your bad. Let me tell you how I see it, since I have reduced that list, why not have a little fun, sweeten and cheerfully celebrate my deafness.
    I started to respond to your post last night but then got called away. IMHO, I think you should go for either of those colors. You are the one wearing the HAs, and yes, you may as well have a little bit of fun with them. There have to be some perks to losing ones hearing!

    Kerry
    November, 2016

    250 500 1K 2K 4K 6K 8K
    R 50
    55
    55
    50
    45
    50
    65
    L
    30 30
    35
    30
    30
    30
    25
    SRT: R-50, L-35
    WR: R-92% at 80 dB, L-100% at 75 dB

    Wearing Oticon Alta 2 Mini RITEs since July 8/15.

  5. #15

    Default

    You asked, I answered. In the scheme of things, the color of the aid is meaningless. If wearing a neon HA in your ear makes you happy, by all means you should.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    JeffBowser,




    I reduced the list of the most primordial articles until I get to the point of knowing which is the most appropriate for my deafness. For example, this year 6 audiograms, a tympanoplasty surgery, and countless visits to the specialist.

    I also strive to raise the necessary money to buy a brand that is a little above the average level.

    You can see my numbers, my two ears are more deaf than your bad. Let me tell you how I see it, since I have reduced that list, why not have a little fun, sweeten and cheerfully celebrate my deafness.
    ..250..500..1000..2000..4000..8000
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffBowser View Post
    Since you asked:
    1. It's a medical device, a barely visible one at that, not a fashion statement.
    2. Color is not even in the top 1000 concerns I have about a hearing aid.

    And since you stated your age as relevant, I am well over 40 and have been wearing aids since kindergarten.
    It can be a fashion statement if he wants it to be. Having a positive attitude to HAs is something we should all encourage. He didn't say the acoustics were not important. Personally I wanted purple but mine didn't come in that colour. Colour can also make them easier to find and less likely to be misplaced. He didn't say it had to be an important factor for everyone.
    Last edited by Psocoptera; 11-09-2016 at 12:19 AM.
    Carol

    Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psocoptera View Post
    It can be a fashion statement if he wants it to be. Having a positive attitude to HAs is something we should all encourage. He didn't say the acoustics were not important. Personally I wanted purple but mine didn't come in that colour. Colour can also make them easier to find and less likely to be misplaced. He didn't say it had to be an important factor for everyone.

    sorry but I am with Jeff on this one and I have a positive attitude about them.

    Spend more time on making the things work better and stop wasting and money time on color (or colour).

    They are not a fashion statement they make me hear better.

  8. #18

    Default

    I dont remember him saying they werent working and whatever factory color you pick the cost is the same. I went the sweatband route because I would never wear aids without them after so many pair of gray and titty pink went over to the neon colors. Ill you guys wear boring ties and never polish your shoes.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
    sorry but I am with Jeff on this one and I have a positive attitude about them.

    Spend more time on making the things work better and stop wasting and money time on color (or colour).

    They are not a fashion statement they make me hear better.
    The price of making different colours is negligible compared to the price of hearing aids. And having a different colour does not prevent the HA from working. If you don't care what colour you have then that is fine for you. Just don't tell everyone else they should all wear the same boring colour. The forum is divided into threads so you can comment on the ones you think are important and ignore the ones where you think they are trivial or uninteresting or where you don't have advice to offer. No one on this thread has suggested that hearing is unimportant but people are entitled to discuss colour if that is important to them.
    Carol

    Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB

  10. Default

    Doc Jake,

    Usually I have the optic green sweatbands on but sometimes I go with the bright orange.
    I am beginning to appreciate this sweatbands beyond using this as color style only.

    In the indication on the hearing aids I'm picking up it said:

    "... Do not wear your hearing aids when applying perfume, spray, gels, lotion or cream..."
    "... Do not expose your hearing aids to extreme temperatures or high humidity, and dry them quickly if they get wet, or if you
    perspire heavily...".

    And see this sweatbands The Water Test.

    True; perspiration, moisture, wind or dust could happen at any time after my daily routine.
    Tympanoplasty on 2016 for right ear, after surgery improvement from 60 to 25 HL db

    250
    500 1K 2K
    4K 8K
    L/R 15/25 20/30 45/55 75/95 80/110 90/115

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •