Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Civility

  1. #11

    Default

    Oh, oh... better than you have tried to hurt my feelings. Wheres kenji I need a hug.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    As I said he's good for a chuckle! Sad part is he could be the person they modeled Jack Nicholson's character after in "As Good As it Gets!" Doc Jake is really Melvin!
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

    -250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

    SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Oh, oh... better than you have tried to hurt my feelings. Wheres kenji I need a hug.
    Nobody's trying to hurt your feelings, since you don't have any, we're just stating the facts.

    Grow up.
    The Babbling Blue Crab

    Freq - 250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 2k - 3k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    -- R -- 20 -- 30 -- 30 - 40 - 45 - 50 - 55 - 55 - 60
    -- L -- 20 -- 30 -- 55 - 60 - 55 - 50 - 55 - 70 - 60

    SRT R 35 L 45
    WR R 75/88% L 75/76%

    Siemens Pure 5bx with EasyTek
    Wearing hearing aids since Sept. 2015

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrab View Post
    Nobody's trying to hurt your feelings, since you don't have any, we're just stating the facts.

    Grow up.
    You know bluballs you seem to spend a lot of energy preaching to...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,530

    Default

    Melvyn, it's always been obvious. But as I said you're good for a chuckle from time to time and once in a while good advice.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

    -250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

    SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

  6. Default

    After reading this from the start it sounded like some of the things that have been said about me over the years. Mostly because I ask "stupid questions", sometimes more than once. It was a relief to see I was not the subject of the comments.... I dont know Doc Jake, but I have sympathy for him/her because I know, in my case, my sense of humor/irony/sarcasm and my lack of short term memory are often NOT appreciated except by my close friends. Also from my point of view, as he/she says, "I don't give a shit."
    I try to give wise and correct information/advice. Its not my fault that unappreciative others cannot get a life and move on when they don't like my style and sage advice.
    I am guessing Doc Jake feels the same. I do appreciate Forums that are willing to accept my idiosyncrasies and not ban me because others need a "safe space". There is a place in this world for "old codgers" whos cynicism comes from great experience that is often not appreciated by younger folk. There is, in my opinion, no place in this world for "safe spaces" which only serve to degrade the gene pool.

  7. #17

    Default

    A lot of the snowflakes on here are just scared that Pres. Trump is going to take away their safe places. The snowflakes come here asking simple questions that any kid in Jr. High kid could find the answers to on internet. I love the ones about which aids are best for me without posting an audio-gram. Then there's the endless battery questions. Recently there is more effort put into streaming and Apple upgrades then hearing aids. Then you have the Vets that won't sign-up for healthcare (free aids) because a friend of a friend got treated poorly 20 years ago. How many times do you tell someone to not play outside the wire until you just sit back and watch?
    Last edited by Doc Jake; 12-20-2016 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    423

    Default

    This is a quote from the sticky under Hearing Aid Discussion, labelled Acceptable use of this forum:

    I started this forum, as I noticed that other forums contained were controlled by people who berated other users, attacked their opinions or were overly sales oriented or dominated by hearing aid manufacturers or online sellers.

    I'm not sure who started the forum, but I think it's a great idea and I think the stated mindset is a good one. I'll leave it at that.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    A lot of the snowflakes on here are just scared that Pres. Trump is going to take away their safe places. The snowflakes come here asking simple questions that any kid in Jr. High kid could find the answers to on internet. I love the ones about which aids are best for me without posting an audio-gram. Then there's the endless battery questions. Recently there is more effort put into streaming and Apple upgrades then hearing aids. Then you have the Vets that won't sign-up for healthcare (free aids) because a friend of a friend got treated poorly 20 years ago. How many times do you tell someone to not play outside the wire until you just sit back and watch?
    I also ask simple questions. It iis MY way of doing research! I go to the place on the internet that has the most knowledgeable people, hearingaidforums.com then I ask my stupid questions. Seems like logical research to me.

    The phrase "controlled by" in the quote by MDB bother me just a little. What is berating to some just a poke in the ribs to another. being "attacked" is to another just playing "devils advocate" or stimulating thought process.

    As to

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I'm not sure who started the forum, but I think it's a great idea and I think the stated mindset is a good one. I'll leave it at that.
    I'm pretty sure it was this man, Osamu Manabe.

    http://www.localbattery.com/info.html
    250 500 1K 1.5K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K Costco KS7
    R 25 50 60 60 60 50 50 50 65 SRT: 55dB WRS: 84% @85dB
    L 30 60 60 60 60 55 60 60 70 SRT: 60dB WRS: 88% @90dB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •