Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phonak Belong series VS costco's Brios 2 series

Default Phonak Belong series VS costco's Brios 2 series

Just trying to see if anyone knows if the Costco model is based on the Belong platform or the older Venture platform.

Can get the B-90 at Buyhear for $3400 or the Brios 2 at Costco for $2800. Which has most bang for buck?
    Obviously I had rather buy at Costco for reason of their availability.

Additionally, the last audiologist I saw said she didn't think any of the newer aids would improve my hearing over the Resound Versa 962s I am currently wearing.

I was thinking maybe the frequency shifting, available on some of the newer aids, might help me.

Info form Phonak site:
    AutoSense OS – unmatched industry leading hearing performance2
    Audéo B runs on AutoSense OS, the cutting edge industry only and leading operating system from Phonak, which has been further enhanced with features such as adaptive SoundRecover2 to offer even better hearing performance in every day listening situations. Its fully automatic operation gives customers an effortless hearing experience without having to press buttons or switch between listening programs, proven to deliver 20% better speech understanding3 in general and 60% improvement in speech understanding when in a noisy environment thanks to the highly-sophisticated automatic selection. Whether dining with friends in a noisy restaurant, driving a car or listening to music, AutoSense OS does what no other system can. It captures and analyzes incoming sounds in real-time, and then draws upon multiple features blending them to create over 200 distinct settings to match the sound environment.

Phonak Belong – new product platform ready to drive the next technological breakthrough
    Less than two years after the launch of the successful Venture product platform, Phonak is ready to launch the next product platform built on the flexible Palio 3 technology. The next-generation Receiver-in-Canal (RIC) hearing aid Audéo B is the first product family based on the new Phonak Belong product platform, which features a host of innovative technologies that have been created specifically to simplify the life of people with hearing loss. The new Audéo B premium hearing aids come in a new design and will be available in 4 performance levels and 9 colors. All models are IP 68 rated, meaning that they are dust tight and protected against water. With Belong, Phonak is once again helping consumers with hearing loss live better lives.
    LEFT/Right
    40/50//250Hz
    50/50//500
    50/60//1000
    70/70//2000
    75/75//3000
    75/70//4000
    75/65//6000
    70/70//8000
    SRT R-55 L50
    Recorded word recognition
    R-72%
    L-68%

Quote Originally Posted by asharpvol View Post
    Just trying to see if anyone knows if the Costco model is based on the Belong platform or the older Venture platform.

Can get the B-90 at Buyhear for $3400 or the Brios 2 at Costco for $2800. Which has most bang for buck?
    Obviously I had rather buy at Costco for reason of their availability.

Additionally, the last audiologist I saw said she didn't think any of the newer aids would improve my hearing over the Resound Versa 962s I am currently wearing.

I was thinking maybe the frequency shifting, available on some of the newer aids, might help me.

Info form Phonak site:
    AutoSense OS – unmatched industry leading hearing performance2
    Audéo B runs on AutoSense OS, the cutting edge industry only and leading operating system from Phonak, which has been further enhanced with features such as adaptive SoundRecover2 to offer even better hearing performance in every day listening situations. Its fully automatic operation gives customers an effortless hearing experience without having to press buttons or switch between listening programs, proven to deliver 20% better speech understanding3 in general and 60% improvement in speech understanding when in a noisy environment thanks to the highly-sophisticated automatic selection. Whether dining with friends in a noisy restaurant, driving a car or listening to music, AutoSense OS does what no other system can. It captures and analyzes incoming sounds in real-time, and then draws upon multiple features blending them to create over 200 distinct settings to match the sound environment.

Phonak Belong – new product platform ready to drive the next technological breakthrough
    Less than two years after the launch of the successful Venture product platform, Phonak is ready to launch the next product platform built on the flexible Palio 3 technology. The next-generation Receiver-in-Canal (RIC) hearing aid Audéo B is the first product family based on the new Phonak Belong product platform, which features a host of innovative technologies that have been created specifically to simplify the life of people with hearing loss. The new Audéo B premium hearing aids come in a new design and will be available in 4 performance levels and 9 colors. All models are IP 68 rated, meaning that they are dust tight and protected against water. With Belong, Phonak is once again helping consumers with hearing loss live better lives.
    The Brio 2 is based on the Venture. There haven't been that many reports on the Phonak Belong yet, but what there have been, have been positive. The major difference between the two aids is that the Phonak Belong comes with a rechargeable option. Both will feature sound recover technology. My personal feeling is that for only $600 difference, you might was well go for the Belong. It has the slightly newer platform and has the full IP68 rating.

I'm a complete newby, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I find it unlikely you're going to get much value out of an "upgrade." By frequency shifting, I'm guessing you mean compression? If so, you're current hearing aids have that capability. Is there some problem you're having that you'd like "fixed?" Is there some new feature you want? Each year you wait there will always be new "latest and greatest" hearing aids with "must have" features, but unless you think they'd really help, it's just more money and a new hearing aid to get used to, in my opinion.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I'm a complete newby, so take my comments with a grain of salt. I find it unlikely you're going to get much value out of an "upgrade." By frequency shifting, I'm guessing you mean compression? If so, you're current hearing aids have that capability. Is there some problem you're having that you'd like "fixed?" Is there some new feature you want? Each year you wait there will always be new "latest and greatest" hearing aids with "must have" features, but unless you think they'd really help, it's just more money and a new hearing aid to get used to, in my opinion.
    No. It's not compression, it's frequency shifting. So, for example, if you have a 100 DB loss at 4,000hz, the idea is to shift that frequency to 2,000 hz, where the loss is not as severe. Compression is where the actual signal is condensed into a narrower audio/dynamic range within each frequency. Audiologists on here will give a better explanation.

With respect to whether the hearing aid would be better than the Resound Verso, you are correct in asking what feature asharpvol is looking for. If it's just pure comprehension, it might be that the Phonak, especially the Belong, can improve matters, because it's current technology - as compared to the Resound Verso 962, which I believe is 3 years older. The new premium hearing aids tend to be released on a 3 to 4 year cycle, coming with normally a doubling in processor speed, improved receivers and algorithms etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by glucas; 11-21-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks. Here's an interesting link I found: http://www.audiologyonline.com/ask-t...nsposition-534

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. Here's an interesting link I found: http://www.audiologyonline.com/ask-the-experts/frequency-compression-v-frequency-transposition-534

glucas, can you direct me to the source where you got the info that the Brios 2 is based on the V series? the lady at Costco said it is the latest something, I can't remember if she said platform or technology. Brios 2 and Belong series both arrived at about the same time, I think.
    Even if the Brios has the newest platform ther is not gurantee that it has all the features/abilites that the B-90 has. It could be like the B70 series which buyhear sell for $2700.

- - - Updated - - -

glucas, can you direct me to the source where you got the info that the Brios 2 is based on the V series? the lady at Costco said it is the latest something, I can't remember if she said platform or technology. Brios 2 and Belong series both arrived at about the same time, I think.
    Even if the Brios has the newest platform ther is not gurantee that it has all the features/abilites that the B-90 has. It could be like the B70 series which buyhear sell for $2700.
    LEFT/Right
    40/50//250Hz
    50/50//500
    50/60//1000
    70/70//2000
    75/75//3000
    75/70//4000
    75/65//6000
    70/70//8000
    SRT R-55 L50
    Recorded word recognition
    R-72%
    L-68%

[QUOTE=asharpvol;145620]glucas, can you direct me to the source where you got the info that the Brios 2 is based on the V series? the lady at Costco said it is the latest something, I can't remember if she said platform or technology. Brios 2 and Belong series both arrived at about the same time, I think.

Arsharpvol,

There is no link. It is common knowledge. The Brio 1 is based on the quest platform. And the Brio 2 is based on the V90 (Venture). Not the B70 i.e. nothing to do with Belong - it is a Venture aid. I know it's common knowledge because we have a costco here in the UK. I rang them recently and they said the Brio 2 was based on the Venture and it had just arrived in their offices.

I cant compare my Top model Phonak Audeo B-R HA's with the veture series as ive not had them but between the Starkey Halo 2 and Widex Unique 440 i can say the auto adjusting program is much faster and seamless than on the halo 2 and slightly quicker than the unique 440's also speach quality is better with my Phonak BR in busy or crowded environments than the Halo 2 by a large margin but only a little better than the widex unique 440's but i dont feel the sound of the outside world quite as natural sounding as the Widex with my Phonak, i do feel the lithium ion battery is very nice they definately work good from morning to bed time so far in my trial period.

9. Default

???Phonak Brio 2...Is it on the Venture or Belong platform??? I too, am looking for authentic confirmation. It is possible the "lady at Costco" was actually as misinformed as other Costco hearing aid technicians. I'm in California and not currently linked into "common knowledge".

Is it possible that now in 2017, Costco is dispensing Phonak Brio 2 with the Venture platform (which is several years old), while
    the Phonak Audeo (with rechargeable battery) is on the Belong platform and available elsewhere?????
    PLEASE, anyone able to verify??
    L 15 15 60 70 75 75 50 55 80
    R 35 35 55 65 85 95 45 60 80

Hz25.50 1...2...4...8...Sr..Wr1.2

This link is the best I can do. Rasmus has been quite reliable. It does include a feature by feature comparison with the Venture
    http://www.hearingaidforums.com/show...ht=phonak+brio

Quote Originally Posted by reidfm View Post
    ???Phonak Brio 2...Is it on the Venture or Belong platform??? I too, am looking for authentic confirmation. It is possible the "lady at Costco" was actually as misinformed as other Costco hearing aid technicians. I'm in California and not currently linked into "common knowledge".

Is it possible that now in 2017, Costco is dispensing Phonak Brio 2 with the Venture platform (which is several years old), while
    the Phonak Audeo (with rechargeable battery) is on the Belong platform and available elsewhere?????
    PLEASE, anyone able to verify??