Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to buy a mini PRO (USB 2.0 Hearing Aid Programmer)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by abalosa View Post
    Hi, got mine for $169 from Ali Express. It arrived in about 4 days.
    Was this shipped to USA or another country?
    Last edited by pvc; 02-19-2017 at 11:22 AM.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

Just purchased after following pvc's superb directions. Worked great with both the Agils and Nera2s. Thank you.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuganah View Post
    Hi PVC, the programmer never arrived. I ordered it for $169.00 but they returned my funds and told me they want $310.00 instead. Are there any suppliers in the 'States as far as you know, even a Hi pro will do me, even a used one will do me......cheers and thanks.
    I am still trying to find out what happened here. I think that Australia added $141 import taxes ($169 + $141 = $310)

Here is one seller's comments on the subject...
    We will try our best to help our buyers to minimize the risk of paying the taxes. As our experience, 95% goods can reach without taxes, but we are NOT liable for ANY import taxes or customs delay. If the parcel return back to us due to the buyer refuse to pay the above fees, we would NOT resend the parcel until the buyer complete those fees and pay . If you choose DHL need pay taxes then please pay taxes. we will not responsible any taxes.
    If you disagree, please do not place the order. Please understanding. thanks !
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hi, Yes, I ordered and paid by credit card. Waited a week and was advised by email that the deal was cancelled because the seller did not respond in time. I replied to the email and was then told that i can still get the mini pro if I pay $310.00 (instead of the original $169.00) The money re appeared in my account so I gave up. I have found an older one with a serial port and will buy that one instead. I have a USB/serial port adapter and I am not too concerned about the possible low baud rate. Quite used to waiting for things to load on other equipment.......used RS232 quite a lot in the past. Bit frustrated at the delay and now other costs have taken most of my funds so I have to wait a little while before I can pay out without prejudicing my ability to buy petrol, food etc. (Low on cash high on assets!) Aliexpress was a let down experience for me. I have bought a huge amount of stuff from China and other oriental places....never had a problem.....maybe it just wasn't meant to be!
    250..500..750..1k ...1k5.. 2k....3k...4k...6k...8k Freq. Hz
    18....1.....9......15....25.....45...75...70...65. ..80 left. dB-
    20....10...12....15....30.....40...70...75...70... 55 right. dB-

None so deaf as those who will not hear!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuganah View Post
    Hi, Yes, I ordered and paid by credit card. Waited a week and was advised by email that the deal was cancelled because the seller did not respond in time. I replied to the email and was then told that i can still get the mini pro if I pay $310.00 (instead of the original $169.00) The money re appeared in my account so I gave up. I have found an older one with a serial port and will buy that one instead. I have a USB/serial port adapter and I am not too concerned about the possible low baud rate. Quite used to waiting for things to load on other equipment.......used RS232 quite a lot in the past. Bit frustrated at the delay and now other costs have taken most of my funds so I have to wait a little while before I can pay out without prejudicing my ability to buy petrol, food etc. (Low on cash high on assets!) Aliexpress was a let down experience for me. I have bought a huge amount of stuff from China and other oriental places....never had a problem.....maybe it just wasn't meant to be!
    Have you checked your email Junk/Spam folder for correspondence about this problem? It could be that Aliexpress (or the seller with an Aliexpress account) was not the problem.I suspect that your Australian government may have a large tax/tariff/Custom-fee for this type of item? After all, this has worked well worked for us non-Aussies without any problems.

ETA: Not a Custom/fee problem. See below where Ricked from Australia got one with no problem.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-20-2017 at 10:11 AM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by xtal View Post
    Just purchased after following pvc's superb directions. Worked great with both the Agils and Nera2s. Thank you.
    Was this shipped to USA or another country?

I suspect that your Australian government may have a large tax/tariff/Custom-fee for this type of item?
    Not 100% sure if that is the case as there was no added cost to the my Hi pro when ordered through AliExpress last September
    250 500 750 1k 1.5K 2k 3K .4k 6k .8K
    10. 10 ..10 .10 .10 ..10 70 75 85 60
    15. 10 ..15 .10 .15 ..15 70 80 70 65

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ricked View Post
    [COLOR=#333333]

Not 100% sure if that is the case as there was no added cost to the my Hi pro when ordered through AliExpress last September
    Well there you go. At least one good item shipped to Australia. Was it a mini Pro?

Future buyers. Please say what item and what destination country so that we can build a history of success or failure.

Yes, it was a mini Pro
    250 500 750 1k 1.5K 2k 3K .4k 6k .8K
    10. 10 ..10 .10 .10 ..10 70 75 85 60
    15. 10 ..15 .10 .15 ..15 70 80 70 65

10. Default

Price increased. Looks like the mini Pro is now $249 asof Mar-2017.