Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: How to buy a mini PRO (USB 2.0 Hearing Aid Programmer)

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Are you kidding horia? Did you look at the pictures on page-4 of the >>mini Pro<< thread? Please explain to me how the Right/Left cable lights moved to the opposite side of the mini-DIN connectors? That cannot happen if it's an exact clone of the Hi-Pro 2. Do you agree or disagree with this premise?

    What the hell do you mean by "Perhaps you understand that only one a Fitting software update and mini Pro will to stop working"?? That's stupid. It's a simple serial interface.

    What do you mean "I hope soon to hit option that will solve" the Hi-Pro 2 being too expensive? If this a secret mystery of yours?

    I'm betting that you also do not own a mini Pro and you are just making wild ass guesses.
    There you go again. Lashing out at anyone who doesn't agree with your narrow-minded opinions. And you really are a noob if you think moving a simple electrical connection somehow makes this device a non-counterfeit copy. I sure wish I had a bridge to sell you.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Aside from being wrong, you guys are also off topic.

    You should be posting your mini Pro bashing comments on the >>Mini-Pro - valid option or waste of money<< thread.
    Why? Because "newbies" aren't allowed to post in any of "your" threads without first obtaining Your Royal Highness's permission?

  3. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Remaining unanswered question... Do you work for GN Otometrics Mr cszoom1?
    Nope, but if I did I would grab a genuine Hi-Pro and shove it up your ass sideways.

  4. #54

    Default

    Mr.Senior Member "pvc",
    On 03/15/2017 you wrote the following:The mini Pro is not a knockoff (I HAVE PICTURES OF THE MOTHERBOARD), and it is USB 2.0!
    On the same day I asked you to show a picture of the motherboard.On 03/16/2017 you gave me the following link:
    http://www.hearingaidforums.com/show...php?20488!Dear Senior Member,this is a picture of a box,it does not a motheboard!
    You do not make a distinction between the box and motherboard!
    I have a question for youDo you know why and how to do a universal hardware interface designed to
    program all kinds of hearing instruments?/I mean Hi-Pro 2/
    As you know,Hi-Pro 2 is universal because there is an agreement between all companies that manufacture hearing aids.
    If you know how it is done, then you will understand why cloned only Hi-Pro USB or Hi-Pro 2.
    Not necessarily clone is an exact copy of the original.If someone made a good reverse engineering of Hi-Pro 2 hardware
    and make proper modification will use firmware that is installed in Hi-Pro USB or Hi-Pro 2.Do you know what follows from it?
    This clone will be recognized by all programs for the Fitting hearing aids.Furthermore, access to Hi-Pro firmware is not difficult.
    To quote another statement made on your:
    "After all, how difficult can it be to design a simple serial interface (I don't mean serial ports,
    USB/Universal-Serial-Bus is a serial interface)."
    Mr.Senior Member "pvc",you do not understand what it is!
    Do not speak unprepared!
    Cheers
    Last edited by horia; 03-18-2017 at 03:15 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Have to be honest, with the people dying in the Sudan, lying Presidents and Prime ministers and the rise of anti-intelligence; a couple of people getting hot and bothered about piece of Chinese circuit board is a fairly harmless diversion.

    Edit: Though I'd be more worried about GN cracking down on ALL internet based sales.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    -<snip>-Though I'd be more worried about GN cracking down on ALL internet based sales.
    Yep, the USB Hi-Pro 1.1 is becoming impossible to get because of this. That leaves DIYers with two options; the old serial Hi-Pro, and the mini-Pro. Well, maybe three options if you want to pay mega-bucks for a Hi-Pro 2 as some of the idiots here are suggesting.

    The mini Pro does not violate GN's trademark infringement because it is not named a Hi-Pro. I don't know for sure but I believe that trademark infringement was the basis of this takedown of Internet sales. As for copyright infringement, the mini Pro is not an exact clone. Thus, I am not sure if GN can build a case against the mini Pro for copyright infringement??
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    3,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Yep, the USB Hi-Pro 1.1 is becoming impossible to get because of this. That leaves DIYers with two options; the old serial Hi-Pro, and the mini-Pro. Well, maybe three options if you want to pay mega-bucks for a Hi-Pro 2 as some of the idiots here are suggesting.

    The mini Pro does not violate GN's trademark infringement because it is not named a Hi-Pro. I don't know for sure but I believe that trademark infringement was the basis of this takedown of Internet sales. As for copyright infringement, the mini Pro is not an exact clone. Thus, I am not sure if GN can build a case against the mini Pro for copyright infringement??
    Theres also the GN own version wired programmer, plus airLinks and all the other proprietary ones. GN are really stepping up the heat on internet sales of aids that circumvent the conventional channels.

    That said, the usefulness of a multi platform programmer is going to be limited for most users who only intend to fit themselves with one pair of aids.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Theres also the GN own version wired programmer, plus airLinks and all the other proprietary ones. GN are really stepping up the heat on internet sales of aids that circumvent the conventional channels.

    That said, the usefulness of a multi platform programmer is going to be limited for most users who only intend to fit themselves with one pair of aids.
    Yes, many new DIYers are looking to use wireless programming devices instead of a Hi-Pro. However, they will also encounter problems with wireless device obsolescence, and the inability of some wireless devices to update the Hearing Aid/HA firmware.

    >>Hi-Pro Versus Wireless Fitting (iCube iCubeII FittingLink TruLink AirLink etc<<
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Have to be honest, with the people dying in the Sudan, lying Presidents and Prime ministers and the rise of anti-intelligence; a couple of people getting hot and bothered about piece of Chinese circuit board is a fairly harmless diversion.

    Edit: Though I'd be more worried about GN cracking down on ALL internet based sales.
    I'll bet if Chinese counterfeiters were taking money out of your company, you'd be hot and bothered too. Or do you think the tens of billions of dollars in lost profit sustained by foreign firms is small change? Perhaps you don't mind shoddy electronics, but what about counterfeit pharmaceutical drugs and food products? Purchasing fake goods such as the mini Pro simply encourages more counterfeiting.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Theres also the GN own version wired programmer, plus airLinks and all the other proprietary ones. GN are really stepping up the heat on internet sales of aids that circumvent the conventional channels.

    That said, the usefulness of a multi platform programmer is going to be limited for most users who only intend to fit themselves with one pair of aids.
    Don't say that. pvc will have a meltdown if anyone purchases a wireless programmer instead of his precious mini Pro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •