Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: New Hearing assist devices better than hearing aids

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    When will you folks realize he doesn't want help may not even need help considering some of his replies? I suspect some involvement with nuheara.
    When will you tell us all why you are s*** stirring in the thread ?
    Are you a paid up apologist for the audiology industry.. or do you just get a buzz out of presenting as an a***hole ?

About the same time you quit promoting a product you haven't even used!

Quote Originally Posted by tgh View Post
    So how does plugging my ears help Seb ?
    Atm, my aids only attempt to provide the missing bits as I understand the process.

If one uses full moulds surely the aids must be reset to deliver a full spectrum of amplification ?
    Do the aids then magically become able to discriminate the near voices from the general racket ?

If so, why don't they do this successfully now ?

I have several speech in noise programme options, all the fancy stuff is available, one is even a custom setting to my personal attempt at usability..still doesn't work...
    My point is having your audi use a more occluded mold is basically the same thing as you would get with one of your hearing assist devices and you wouldn't have to buy anything else.
    Oticon Agil Pro w/streamer

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 10--5----10----30---50----70----85---80---80
    R 5--10----20----35---45----85----85--100--100

SP Disc ------------- SRT
    L 88% @55db ------- L-10
    R 90% @55db------- R-25

4. Default

I think we have covered it now in the discussion with Volusiano but thanks for the constructive input Seb.

The downsides _v_ the possible benefit don't add up for me.

If the buds work , it would be a better deal for me to live with my current aid settings and just use the buds in heavy noise.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    About the same time you quit promoting a product you haven't even used!
    I'm not really promoting anything , the various buds that are being released may not be very useful at all.
    I am gardening the thread as a focus point for the progress of the bud releases and I suggest you don't read the thread if it is so personally offensive.

Nu Heara are an Australian public company and I wish them well , however as a one trick pony in an emerging market the odds of long term survival are slim indeed

6. Default

There is some interesting stuff happening :

Whole article is here : https://www.wareable.com/saves-the-d...ring-aids-7778

Last week, Senator Elizabeth Warren and other members of US Congress on both sides reintroduced a bill to make hearing aids available over the counter. If passed, the Over-the-Counter Hearing Aid Act of 2017 would help deregulate an outdated industry and bring about a set of standards for OTC hearing aids that could be sold to people with "mild to moderate" impairment.

Doppler Labs, creator of the sound-augmenting Here One smart earbuds, is giving the bill its full support. The company has announced it is bringing aboard Silicon Valley entrepreneur Jim Pitkow as its chief scientist, who, along with other Doppler folks, has already met with members of Congress to discuss the bill. Doppler's director of accessibility and advocacy, KR Liu, meanwhile has been working closely with Warren to build support.

Hearables are hard to get right, but they have the potential to transform our lives in incredibly ways. Doppler made a compelling device in the Here One earbuds, but because of current regulations it can't market its product to people who fall into the "mild to moderate" bracket of hearing impairment.

7. Default

A strong review here : http://www.productreview.com.au/p/nuheara-iqbuds.html

When I find some comparable reviews from Hear one/Doppler , I will post them also

Date Purchased: Mar 2017
    To be able to integrate noise reduction and speech boosting to phone calls and music is a game chang
    5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017
    OK I finally received my IQBuds. At first I was a little confused. Here's why: When you get them and pair them, they pair easily with the IQBuds app. That was a snack. Then it tells me I had to pair with the iPhone in settings but when I went there I saw that they were already paired. Now I excitedly go back to the app to not only enjoy the noise reduction capabilities but also the music and phone - but it doesn't work. I went a whole day without these two vital capabilities then decided that I should watch the video again. Notice the very impo rtant step of pairing the actual IQBuds with the iPhone. What confused me was that the APP was already paired (why do I care that an app pairs with an iphone?) BUT the actual IQBuds were not paired. It confused me into thinking the IQBuds were paired when they weren't. So I paired them and voila, they worked as advertised.

So... Now I've been using them for a few days. On night one I was invited to a Chainsmokers concert - nothing louder on the planet and usually a time for me to be quiet and introspective because I can't hear a word anyone says before, during or after a loud show. To my amazement I was actively talking to people in a noisy bar and no one even asked about the IQBuds (because they look cool). Check that box!

The next day I started wearing them in the office and in the car on the way to and from work. I prefer them for phone calls over the car audio because the quality is better, and I can use them in the office to listen to music down low while also having a conversation with co-workers. Check that box in a big way.

Today I realized that these babies have actually changed (for the better) the way I manage my environment. The cordless freedom is worth the price, but to be able to integrate noise reduction and speech boosting to phone calls and music is a game changer. I haven't worked out with them yet but my days of dealing with earbuds with long cords that get caught up in my handlebars or my arm when running or hiking are over.

This is a "gen one" product and a really good one at that. These will only get smaller and more useful as Nuheara grows and I can't wait to see them progress.

Overall this is a sensational product and for a couple hundred bucks is a massive game changer. Great job Nuheara!!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tgh View Post
    A strong review here : http://www.productreview.com.au/p/nuheara-iqbuds.html

When I find some comparable reviews from Hear one/Doppler , I will post them also

Date Purchased: Mar 2017
    To be able to integrate noise reduction and speech boosting to phone calls and music is a game chang
    5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017
    OK I finally received my IQBuds. At first I was a little confused. Here's why: When you get them and pair them, they pair easily with the IQBuds app. That was a snack. Then it tells me I had to pair with the iPhone in settings but when I went there I saw that they were already paired. Now I excitedly go back to the app to not only enjoy the noise reduction capabilities but also the music and phone - but it doesn't work. I went a whole day without these two vital capabilities then decided that I should watch the video again. Notice the very impo rtant step of pairing the actual IQBuds with the iPhone. What confused me was that the APP was already paired (why do I care that an app pairs with an iphone?) BUT the actual IQBuds were not paired. It confused me into thinking the IQBuds were paired when they weren't. So I paired them and voila, they worked as advertised.

So... Now I've been using them for a few days. On night one I was invited to a Chainsmokers concert - nothing louder on the planet and usually a time for me to be quiet and introspective because I can't hear a word anyone says before, during or after a loud show. To my amazement I was actively talking to people in a noisy bar and no one even asked about the IQBuds (because they look cool). Check that box!

The next day I started wearing them in the office and in the car on the way to and from work. I prefer them for phone calls over the car audio because the quality is better, and I can use them in the office to listen to music down low while also having a conversation with co-workers. Check that box in a big way.

Today I realized that these babies have actually changed (for the better) the way I manage my environment. The cordless freedom is worth the price, but to be able to integrate noise reduction and speech boosting to phone calls and music is a game changer. I haven't worked out with them yet but my days of dealing with earbuds with long cords that get caught up in my handlebars or my arm when running or hiking are over.

This is a "gen one" product and a really good one at that. These will only get smaller and more useful as Nuheara grows and I can't wait to see them progress.

Overall this is a sensational product and for a couple hundred bucks is a massive game changer. Great job Nuheara!!
    After reading that I'm sold!

Going to put my order in soon - I see they are AUS$399. I don't suppose there is still a promo code I could use?
    My Audiogram
    0250Hz R-45 L-50
    0500Hz R-15 L-15
    1000Hz R-15 L-15
    2000Hz R-15 L-35
    4000Hz R-50 L-55
    8000Hz R-80 L-70