Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Siemens Aquaris Discontinued??

  1. #1

    Question Siemens Aquaris Discontinued??

    Hi. I learned that Siemens has discontinued the Aquaris waterproof hearing aid, but will continue to support and service existing ones for the next 5 years. Does anyone know of a company or website that sells discontinued and/or refurbished hearing aids? Any ideas as to where I might find a pair of Aquaris? Thank you!

  2. #2

    Default Did you get answer on refurbished Siemens Aquaris

    Quote Originally Posted by jljones1 View Post
    Hi. I learned that Siemens has discontinued the Aquaris waterproof hearing aid, but will continue to support and service existing ones for the next 5 years. Does anyone know of a company or website that sells discontinued and/or refurbished hearing aids? Any ideas as to where I might find a pair of Aquaris? Thank you!
    Hi, did you ever find out if it's possible to buy a refurbished Aquaris. I have the same question. Thanks, Drew

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi. I checked with 2 audiologists who did some research for me, but they came up with nothing. Ebay has a few Aquaris for sale for about $1,400 for one. An audiologist can program it (if you're brave enough to go that route). In my online searching for waterproof hearing aids, I came across iHear Medical. They offer 2 reasonably priced models and state the aids can be worn in the shower and during surface swimming. Another one I found was Rion HB54 available from www.hearingaidswholesale.com. Website says the Rion HB54 is waterproof. Finally, I read about another waterproof hearing aid called Puretone Lotus, but I don't believe this one is available in the US. Hope this helps!

  4. #4

    Default

    I fail to understand the importance of wearing HAs in shower or while swimming unless you swim competitively and need to be able to hear starting buzzers or something. Otherwise why do you want to wear them in showers or swimming in the first place?

    Many modern HAs have IP68 rating which is good enough to wear during workout against heavy perspiration, which I can understand more easily/obviously why you'd want to wear them during workouts.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

    KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

    Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

  5. #5

    Default

    In swimming competitions they use a strobe in addition to the starting buzzer.

    Some may wish to just hang out in the pool with them on.

  6. #6

    Default

    You must not live around water.
    I like to be social at the beach, on the water, and in the water. Without my HA, I cannot be social. Not all water involves showers or swimming. It involves boating, skiing, tubing, rafting, meeting up at sandbars, playing games in the shallows.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    I fail to understand the importance of wearing HAs in shower or while swimming unless you swim competitively and need to be able to hear starting buzzers or something. Otherwise why do you want to wear them in showers or swimming in the first place?

    Many modern HAs have IP68 rating which is good enough to wear during workout against heavy perspiration, which I can understand more easily/obviously why you'd want to wear them during workouts.
    ..250..500..1000..2000..4000..8000
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

  7. #7

    Default

    The Signia Siemens Cellion Primax is a fully rechargeable and IP 68 rated waterproof hearing aid

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Although IP 68 is the highest rating, I'd be hesitant to call it "waterproof" They should be able to handle some exposure to water though. On the other hand, if you're buying new, you can try it out and you've got a warranty to back it up.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  9. #9

    Default

    I'll go one further - at least two HA mfg's, including my Widex Beyond, claim "IP68", but in the fine print, and if you speak to a factory rep directly, they are HORRIFIED at the thought of their HA's getting wet and strongly recommend against it. The Aquaris was the only HA I found that would "officially" support actual submersion and getting wet in general. I have gone snorkeling, swimming, splashing around, and general all around salt-water sports with my Aquaris and it has been solid.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Although IP 68 is the highest rating, I'd be hesitant to call it "waterproof" They should be able to handle some exposure to water though. On the other hand, if you're buying new, you can try it out and you've got a warranty to back it up.
    ..250..500..1000..2000..4000..8000
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

  10. #10

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •