Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sibilance in Widex Unique 440 Fusions

The Beyond does not play text message alerts, just phone ringing, and this can be turned on or off, as well as default music settings. BT does not always have to be on, you can turn BT off.

Quote Originally Posted by tinky View Post
    Hi, I gave up as the single microphone did not work for me so hoping to try the ITE again. I may try the 330 as this is what I am used to. Does the beyond mean you are always connected to your phone? The aids I just tried meant I got text message alerts straight into my ears & when I played music on my phone it changed to the music programme automatically which doesn't work for me when out running as all the traffic becomes louder.
    L:75....75....70.....75.....65......60
    R: no hearing

OK thanks, and what is BT?

BT is Bluetooth

OK thanks, and what is BT?
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Ok thanks and can this be turned off via remote or would it need to be by phone? I tried to change my phone settings with the 440 ITC's but still kept changing my programmes automatically and getting text messages in my ears. I don't always want to carry my phone with me. When I got a text message etc my settings would then reset back to normal, very frustrating when turned down etc.

These settings are controlled in your iPhone control panel. It should not change programs automatically, mine doesn't.

Ok thanks and can this be turned off via remote or would it need to be by phone? I tried to change my phone settings with the 440 ITC's but still kept changing my programmes automatically and getting text messages in my ears. I don't always want to carry my phone with me. When I got a text message etc my settings would then reset back to normal, very frustrating when turned down etc.

I have got an android phone so not sure if that is the issue? Everytime I unlocked it the programme would change to music & then keep changing between the two so was rather frustrating. I looked at settings on phone but only way I could see to get round it was switch off Bluetooth connection but it just made it really annoying for example if out walking & got text would go to music programme & keep changing which was very disorientating.

I can only speak to the direct iPhone feature of the Beyond. I know zero about Android.

I have got an android phone so not sure if that is the issue? Everytime I unlocked it the programme would change to music & then keep changing between the two so was rather frustrating. I looked at settings on phone but only way I could see to get round it was switch off Bluetooth connection but it just made it really annoying for example if out walking & got text would go to music programme & keep changing which was very disorientating.