Thread: It's baaack! Search redirects for HearingAidForums are occurring again

1. Exclamation It's baaack! Search redirects for HearingAidForums are occurring again

Google, Bing, etc, searches are being redirected to myfilestore-blah-blah-blah SPAM. Only the initial search. It works okay after the first one. Or until you clear cookies.
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Google, Bing, etc, searches are being redirected to myfilestore-blah-blah-blah SPAM. Only the initial search. It works okay after the first one. Or until you clear cookies.
    More about the hack... http://club.myce.com/f20/vbulletin-m...e-them-332219/
    Clickable links in next 2 lines; visible when your post count = 10+: Hidden Content , Hidden Content
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content , Hidden Content Hidden Content

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Here's how you can see/duplicate the ill effects of this Vbulletin myfilestore hack;
    1) Clear your browser cookies, for Firefox (Options/Privacy/Show Cookies/Remove All)
    2) Do a Search via Google, Bing, etc, for something (Oh say "cs44a cable") that will point to HearingAidForums
    3) Click one of the HearingAidForums links and you will be redirected to myfilestore or a variation
    4) It only redirects the first search, or until you clear Cookies again

4. Default

Here's a more direct approach to see/duplicate the ill effects of this Vbulletin myfilestore hack;

1) Clear your browser cookies, for Firefox (Options/Privacy/Show Cookies/Remove All)
    2) Do a Search via Google, Bing, etc, for "hearingaidforums"
    3) Click the HearingAidForums link and you will be redirected to myfilestore
    4) It only redirects the first search, or until you clear Cookies again

So people searching for HearingAidForums will be redirected to myfilestore.
    Last edited by pvc; 02-24-2017 at 09:27 AM.