Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to this and to forum

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Correct, the Smart Connect (exactly the same as the easyTek) will handle all you remote functions. Several 'be sure they' things to mention to them. You want the rocker switches programmed.. The right one has to be spatial control and the left needs to be set short touch volume control, longer touch program change and long hold mute. I would also have them turn the extended notifications so you know what's happening you can have them turned later if they annoy you.

Also stick with the default/auto program.. Don't load it up with extra.

Pro side..
    https://www.bestsoundtechnology.com/...eless/easytek/

Also head over here and nose around. (It's free unless you want the ceu)
    http://www.audiologyonline.com/audio...ignia-siemens/
    Thanks again for the information and links!! I think I read in another one of your posts that the KS7 is basically the Signia px7 without the tinnitus feature. Is that the Pure model?

Correct, the Smart Connect (exactly the same as the easyTek) will handle all you remote functions. Several 'be sure they' things to mention to them. You want the rocker switches programmed.. The right one has to be spatial control and the left needs to be set short touch volume control, longer touch program change and long hold mute. I would also have them turn the extended notifications so you know what's happening you can have them turned later if they annoy you.

Also stick with the default/auto program.. Don't load it up with extra.

Pro side..
    https://www.bestsoundtechnology.com/...eless/easytek/

Also head over here and nose around. (It's free unless you want the ceu)
    http://www.audiologyonline.com/audio...ignia-siemens/
    Hi Doc. Is there anything else I should be aware of before going in for my fitting in a few weeks? I am trying to read upon HA's as much as possible before going in, especially about open domes, closed domes etc. Thanks!

As far as domes start with their recommendation but ask for an assortment to go or skip the dome roulette and get custom molds and never look back. Read so you know the buzzwords particularly the Signia terms. But, do not go in acting like the expert. Mention you would like started below target and let the aids get you to target over a month or so. USE volume control. Use volume control spatial control particularly when driving and in crowds.

Relax, don't expect to walk out of the store and hear mouse farts. Expect stuff you ain't heard lately to annoy you at first. Paper, dishes, appliances, etc.

Make your next appt before leaving. I would go for somewhere in the third week. Keep a journal of the good and bad situations and take it with you.

As far as domes start with their recommendation but ask for an assortment to go or skip the dome roulette and get custom molds and never look back. Read so you know the buzzwords particularly the Signia terms. But, do not go in acting like the expert. Mention you would like started below target and let the aids get you to target over a month or so. USE volume control. Use volume control spatial control particularly when driving and in crowds.

Relax, don't expect to walk out of the store and hear mouse farts. Expect stuff you ain't heard lately to annoy you at first. Paper, dishes, appliances, etc.

Make your next appt before leaving. I would go for somewhere in the third week. Keep a journal of the good and bad situations and take it with you.
    Thanks! Definitely not an expert. Just want to be familiar with some of the terminology used. Great idea about the journal.
    I am more concerned with getting the best HA for my situation and it seems like the KS7 will be a good one to try out and if it works well I can add the Smart Connect a little later in my trial period.

Its returnable same as the aids.. Please keep us updated

Its returnable same as the aids.. Please keep us updated
    Will do. My appt is April 3rd and was the soonest I could get in. Thanks again.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by reidfm View Post
    I began trialing CALA's on 2-10-17 and very pleased with their performance and convenience of the MFi (made for iPhone) feature...EXCEPT
    Whenever I turn my head left or right, either at my desk or out walking...what occurs is that the BT seems unable to transmit through or around my head and one or the other earpiece loses contact and goes dead.
    Granted I like to carry my iPhone in my shirt breast pocket, rather than on my forehead. The Costco HAS had blown off my mention of such, saying that others had mentioned the same. I would appreciate your comments on this matter when you get HA's in your ears. Floyd
    Hm, this is interesting. I would assume that the direct streaming between the iPhone and the HAs would be at 2.4 GHz, so you wouldn't need to be in such close proximity of your phone in order to hear the direct streaming.

On the OPN that I have which is also made for iPhone direct streaming, I can walk away about 10-15 feet before I can notice any connection issue. And it's 2.4 GHz streaming.

Usually only NFMI (Near Field Magnetic Induction) would require such close proximity for communication, and it's reserved mostly for ear to ear communication only.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

I had my second appt with Costco today to try out the KS7 and run through some more testing. The fitter at Costco said this would give me a chance to see how the HA's would feel in and on my ear and give me a very general idea of how they would help my hearing.

She went through some of the features and just set up two programs (automatic & noise) so that I could see the difference the programs can make in the way the HA's work. She also told me to take full advantage of their 180 day trial period because an hour at the store only gives one a very basic idea of how they work. I was told at a minimum give it at least 60-90 days to get accustomed to using them and trying the features.

I placed my order and will go in next Tuesday for the fitting and was told to set up a follow up appt for two weeks. Also same as Doc she suggested keeping a journal especially during those first two weeks and if anything does not seem right, tinny sounding voices or anything else come back in and they will make adjustments to the HA's. Also was told not to get discouraged or frustrated because they will do whatever they can to fine tune them for my situation.