Thread: Costco KS7 after 8 weeks

Default Costco KS7 after 8 weeks

Hi all, I was fitted with the KS7's in Jan 2017 and also opted for the battery charger. After using the charger for 8 weeks I've come to the conclusion that the aids are drawing too much power from the battery to last a full day. This was confirmed with the audi on my last visit to Costco on Friday 3rd March. She immediately advised me to have a refund on the charger and switch to normal batteries. (You were right, Nimailni!!!) This I will do next week.
    Overall, I am extremely happy with the service of Costco and with the KS7's. On the first follow up visit in Feb I asked her if there was any chance of getting longer receiver wires as I could see quite a bit of the aid above my ear. She changed them there and then. She then tweaked the aids for more volume in speech and high frequency for me as I still found I was leaning forward to hear in some noisy situations. She seems to have got it right because I was at a food and wine festival on Sunday listening to live music and could actually hear my friends talking across the table.
    250 500 750 1k 1.5K 2k 3K .4k 6k .8K
    10. 10 ..10 .10 .10 ..10 70 75 85 60
    15. 10 ..15 .10 .15 ..15 70 80 70 65

Most excellent !
    KH.....(.25)....(.50)....(1.0)....(2.0)....(3.0).. ..(4.0)....(6.0)....(8.0)
    Left......8..........0........10....... 10.......45........60........50.......65
    Right....8..........0........10........10.......40 .......50........45.......50

Signia Pure Primax 5PX 03/2017

3. Default

I just got my KS7 in January also, so far it's better than anything I've had before. This is the problem I had: While changing the battery on a gravel driveway, I dropped the aide and lost it. I searched for 4 days. I looked for a finder feature, an app, anything. I found the app for model KS6 that has a finder feature, but that was made by a different company. Rexton makes the KS7 and there is no finder, no special app. Maybe leaving out the special features is why they got the bid! The finder feature is so important! Now I have to use up my one free replacement offer, when I know it's there somewhere. Also, this ends up costing them more money in the end.

Blog Entries

The finder feature is part of the MFi products. The KS7 is not MFi. It didn't cost Costco; it is part of the Mfgr's warranty. You seem to be blaming the wrong parties. The ones that didn't drop it.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    The finder feature is part of the MFi products. The KS7 is not MFi. It didn't cost Costco; it is part of the Mfgr's warranty. You seem to be blaming the wrong parties. The ones that didn't drop it.
    For the Oticon OPN, it has the ON app for both iPhone and Android phones, although direct streaming is only for iPhone. But you can connect to the OPNs on the Android ON app to change volume and program and find your hearing aid from the Android phone just the same. It uses regular Bluetooth connection.

But since the KS7 is not MFI, Rexton may not have an iPhone app to port over to Android like Oticon does.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by apronlow View Post
    I just got my KS7 in January also, so far it's better than anything I've had before. This is the problem I had: While changing the battery on a gravel driveway, I dropped the aide and lost it. I searched for 4 days. I looked for a finder feature, an app, anything. I found the app for model KS6 that has a finder feature, but that was made by a different company. Rexton makes the KS7 and there is no finder, no special app. Maybe leaving out the special features is why they got the bid! The finder feature is so important! Now I have to use up my one free replacement offer, when I know it's there somewhere. Also, this ends up costing them more money in the end.
    Welcome to the club. I had the same problem ... lost one aid in the woods, searched for a week, never found it ... and it was JUST out of the loss warranty. Had to buy a new pair of HAs
    Regards,

Duncan

0250 Hz 25 25
    0500 Hz 25 35
    1000 Hz 30 45
    2000 Hz 40 50
    4000 Hz 50 75
    8000 Hz 70 95

And severe tinnitus (Does the noise in my head bother you?)

KS 7s

7. Default

Bummer! It's an expensive racket.

Quote Originally Posted by apronlow View Post
    Bummer! It's an expensive racket.
    You loose a hearing a hearing and somehow its a manufacturer/AuD racket.. Pay with a Costco or Amex and get the extended coverage.. Put a rider on your homeowners insurance. Put a pair of optic orange or green sweat bands on them.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    You loose a hearing a hearing and somehow its a manufacturer/AuD racket.. Pay with a Costco or Amex and get the extended coverage.. Put a rider on your homeowners insurance. Put a pair of optic orange or green sweat bands on them.
    Forget about a rider on homeowners insurance. I asked ... they won't insure HAs.

I have the extended warranty on my replacements, and if they get lost within a certain (limited) timeframe, they'll be replaced for free.
    Regards,

Duncan

0250 Hz 25 25
    0500 Hz 25 35
    1000 Hz 30 45
    2000 Hz 40 50
    4000 Hz 50 75
    8000 Hz 70 95

And severe tinnitus (Does the noise in my head bother you?)

KS 7s