Thread: Enter your audiogram and preview it within hearing aid fitting ranges

Default Enter your audiogram and preview it within hearing aid fitting ranges

What do you guys think about this new feature? We've just started adding fitting ranges to some of our newest listings, like the Audeo B range, and now you can preview whether you are a candidate by seeing if your hearing result will fit inside the fitting range of the product!

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJzKxS7oMGE

I don't mean to be critical, but why is this interesting for most people? Don't all of the manufacturers' products work with the vast majority of hearing deficits as long as the right receiver and domes (or molds) are used? This just seems kind of lame to me for the 90%+ of people with typical kinds of hearing loss.
    Marc

Hz 250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k -- 2k -- 3k -- 4k -- 6k -- 8k
    R: 20 -- 25 -- 35 -- 35 -- 45 --- 50 -- 55 -- 60 -- 55 -- 70
    L: 15 -- 25 -- 35 -- 40 -- 45 --- 60 -- 50 -- 60 -- 55 -- 65
    [Opn]

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by chatteremail View Post
    I don't mean to be critical, but why is this interesting for most people?
    I welcome your criticism. I asked for feedback for a reason after all.

As a doctor of audiology, I've seen a lot in the clinic. One thing I've seen way too much of is people who are under or over-fitted with a product that is inappropriate for their level of loss. It saddens me greatly to see people (especially older folks) who have missed out on good communication with their families for a year (sometimes 2, 3) due to being fit with an inappropriate product or product configuration. A common issue is low power receivers being used on patients who require at least a medium power speaker, if not a power or super power speaker. This is something they could easily check themselves online... with a system such as the one we have developed.

Quote Originally Posted by chatteremail View Post
    Don't all of the manufacturers' products work with the vast majority of hearing deficits as long as the right receiver and domes (or molds) are used? This just seems kind of lame to me for the 90%+ of people with typical kinds of hearing loss.
    You are right. Most hearing aids can fit a wide range of losses, given the right acoustical couplings. This is exactly why we are including acoustic profiles and fitting ranges for all of the speaker and power levels for all new hearing aid listings... so you may double check that the correct coupling has been prescribed and fitted. Good luck!

PS. We also added this feature to make it easier for people browsing our reviews to quickly rule out products that are not appropriate for them. Why waste time reading reviews for invisible-in-canal aids if your loss is too severe, etc. That was our thinking. We'll see if people find it useful. Thanks again for your response.
    Last edited by hearingtracker; 03-17-2017 at 06:42 PM.