Thread: Hearing aids? I guess it was coming... wait, for both ears!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hearing aids? I guess it was coming... wait, for both ears!!!!

I know, I am hard of hearing, but I was just informed on friday, that I need hearing aids. Well the doctors words were, that he "strongly recommends that I try hearing aids." I am scared, sad, and I just dont know what else. Maybe overwhelmed. I got Menieres and vestibular migraines, so my ears are getting in rough shape. Went from great to HOH in about a year. I have trouble understanding people, mostly in noisy places. ANd my hearing is only going to get worse. and my balance, I am surprised I can stay up right most days.

I was looking at brands websites and its all terribly laid out. Information is hard to compare.

I am still processing it all. its all hitting home. I am scared. Mostly I guess the uncertainty of my hearing loss.
    How am I supposed to figure out which HAs are best suited for me?

for the price, features, and even style. Yes I want to give them some style. Kinda like glasses. I dont want to hide them or the fact I am hoh. I feel it does me and the deaf/hoh community a disservice to hide our wonderful little hearing devices. I am not ashamed to lose my hearing, just scared and not ready.

This girl needs some advice and help, and a little support would be nice. I just don't know.
    Last edited by gamma; 03-19-2017 at 04:07 PM.
    "We are all going deaf, Some of us are just better at it."

Hz - L -- R

250 40 -- 30
    500 45 -- 30
    750 40 --30
    1k 35 --30
    1.5k 30 --25
    2k 30 -- 35
    3k 50 --30
    4k 25 --25
    6k 35 -- 30
    8k 25 -- 25