Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Signia introduces Pure 13 BT, primax star, TeleCare 2.0, StreamLine TV

immediately after getting the Linx 3Ds, I went to Whole Foods to get some stuff. Friday afternoon, the place was hopping. The cashiers always make some small talk and if it's loud I usually have trouble hearing them. It was loud, and I had no trouble hearing them this time. It was great.
    My audiogram results:
    0250.Hz L-15 R-05
    0500.Hz L-10 R-10
    0750.Hz L-15 R-15
    1000.Hz L-30 R-20
    2000.Hz L-50 R-35
    3000.Hz L-60 R-45
    4000.Hz L-65 R-50
    8000.Hz L-55 R-55

2. Default

I had exactly the same experience on direct streaming on the Linx1 when it first came out. I believe the Linx2 was a little better but after speaking to Resound, they pointed the connectivity issues at the low power Bluetooth and sound quality at the bit rate. The necklace apparently uses a higher power and bit rate ? I never had any connectivity issues with the fob / necklace and the sound quality was better in my opinion.

bitraste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    My direct streaming experience of my Oticon OPN with the iPhone has been mixed. I have a lot of connection issues as well as noise interference issue (clicking noise) when I stream on my iPhone that has left me less than impressed. Some other OPN owners have the same issues I do, while other OPN owners don't seem to have any issue with direct streaming at all. Some think maybe it has to do with the battery quality? I use Costco Kirkland brand batteries. Not sure if it's really due to battery quality, though. There was a firmware update that was supposed to fix direct streaming issues but it didn't seem to help in my case. What's also weird is that direct streaming with the Oticon TV Streamer is no problem. Only issues with direct streaming via the iPhone.

I hope you'll have a better experience with direct streaming on the Signia.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

3. Default

Open or closed domes. If open then bass leaks out and sound will be tinny, almost no matter who's aids. I just changed to closed domes and the difference is phenomenal.

Stick you fingers in your ears (when wearing the aids) and if the sound drastically improves that is the issue.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

So much for a Signia thread..

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    What type of domes or molds do you have? If you have open domes, you won't get much bass streaming
    Connexx Click Domes. I'm new to BTE/RIC so I'll give my best shot -- I'm pretty sure they're non-vented. I was prepared for lower bass compared to my CIC experience but that was not the problem I was having. I'm actually really enjoying the more realistic sound enviroment I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by conejo23 View Post
    iphone streaming for me with these when I demoed them was terrible, too.
    I just got back from a session with my "audi" (but I'm really more of a BMW guy ). The streaming quality is tremendously better. With the CIC's I was using an expensive set of Bose bluetooth headphones to stream audio and phone; the voice quality of bluetooth streams now is comparable to those headphones. (I haven't listened to enough music yet to give a fair opinion of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by parta View Post
    what about speech in noise i mean noise reduction strategy whether other noise to too loud or softened enough?
    If this question was aimed at me, I haven't worn them in noisy environments enough yet to have a really good opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    So much for a Signia thread..
    I know right? Hopefully I can steer it back on topic a wee bit.

One of the big things we changed this time was flattening out the response curve of the streaming signal. Prior to this the aids were shaping the streaming sound to match my hearing loss; now they are doing almost none of that. BIG difference. I'm honestly looking forward to living with the streaming features now.

We also tweaked a few other settings, and turned off the tinnitus masking which was driving me nuts; I've had tinnitus longer than I've worn hearing aids and I don't want or need some noise to distract me from it. Notch therapy, now that's another matter. I plan to introduce that once we get the rest of the stuff smoothed out.

6. Default Pure BT 7PX Ordered

I noticed on the invoice it says they were ordered with optional STD. Anyone know what that is? I am getting power receivers so maybe an acronym for that?

Also, wanted to mention that there are a number of alternative ways to purchase hearing aids these days that can save you a bundle. Zip Hearing for example offers full service with a network of independent audiologists. I almost went that route but in the end was able to use those prices as a threat for my regular Audi to get real with their prices.
    Siemens Motion 501 HS
    Freq. 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6k 8k SRT %
    L 45 60 65 95 85 90 75 80 70 52
    R 45 60 55 55 75 70 80 85 60 44

Don't know. Perhaps Streaming Device? Are you getting a television streamer? Receivers are S, M, P and HP I believe so I don't think that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabra View Post
    I noticed on the invoice it says they were ordered with optional STD. Anyone know what that is? I am getting power receivers so maybe an acronym for that?

Also, wanted to mention that there are a number of alternative ways to purchase hearing aids these days that can save you a bundle. Zip Hearing for example offers full service with a network of independent audiologists. I almost went that route but in the end was able to use those prices as a threat for my regular Audi to get real with their prices.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by Kabra View Post
    Your regular audi may very well be a participant in that network used by Zip Hearing or similar online service providers as well, you never know... In my case I went through Hear.com originally and they hooked me up with a local audi in their network but I found a better deal through my insurance company so that local audi decided to honor the deal I could get with my insurance company and we worked together outside of Hear.com.

But you raised a great point that knowledge and leverage is power is getting the best price even with a local independent audi. They seem to be willing to come down in price pretty quickly as soon as they know you have the knowledge and leverage on the pricing, at least in my personal experience.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Tuneup #2. We tweaked the streaming signal levels downward; I was keeping incoming signal volumes really low to prevent distortion before, I'm hoping this gives me more 'headroom'. Also played with the in-car settings, I was getting distortion from road rumble/tire noise. That seems better now.

Another big item was the 'automatic' directionality settings. As I mentioned earlier this is my first experience with BTE, and with multiple mics. Several times I was surprised to find people talking to me from behind my head; the mics were focused forward and simply did not pick them up. Also I turned my head while chatting with a neighbor and her voice volume dropped dramatically. So we tuned them more for full coverage, with the focusing function cranked down so that it only comes on in certain noisy situations. Jury is still out on that.

I have to say I am getting very accustomed to having phone calls go 'straight into my head' as I put it. The other day I was on a long call for work while out running errands. In the car the phone connected to the car's bluetooth, out of the car the call streamed into the aids. Back and forth it went. Pretty cool when it works right!
    Siemens Signia Pure 13 BT primax
    KHz 0.25...0.5...1.0...2.0...3.0...4.0...6.0...8.0

Left ...75...65....35....40....45....45....65....70
    Right .90...65....40....40....70....70....95....75

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wdb View Post
    Tuneup #2. We tweaked the streaming signal levels downward; I was keeping incoming signal volumes really low to prevent distortion before, I'm hoping this gives me more 'headroom'. Also played with the in-car settings, I was getting distortion from road rumble/tire noise. That seems better now.

Another big item was the 'automatic' directionality settings. As I mentioned earlier this is my first experience with BTE, and with multiple mics. Several times I was surprised to find people talking to me from behind my head; the mics were focused forward and simply did not pick them up. Also I turned my head while chatting with a neighbor and her voice volume dropped dramatically. So we tuned them more for full coverage, with the focusing function cranked down so that it only comes on in certain noisy situations. Jury is still out on that.

I have to say I am getting very accustomed to having phone calls go 'straight into my head' as I put it. The other day I was on a long call for work while out running errands. In the car the phone connected to the car's bluetooth, out of the car the call streamed into the aids. Back and forth it went. Pretty cool when it works right!
    That's good to hear the BT is working so well and I'll keep the automatic directionality issue in mind.
    Siemens Motion 501 HS
    Freq. 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6k 8k SRT %
    L 45 60 65 95 85 90 75 80 70 52
    R 45 60 55 55 75 70 80 85 60 44