Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Signia introduces Pure 13 BT, primax star, TeleCare 2.0, StreamLine TV

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Wonderful for you.. Explain to us how you think the BT streaming works with these.
    Hmmm, not sure I understand what you're asking. I don't care one iota for wearing a necklace so eliminating the need entirely for an intermediate BT converter seems ideal on the surface. But I've been around long enough to be a bit skeptical about 1st versions of significant new technologies so that's why I was asking about the kinds of problems people were having or hearing about with other brands that have already released direct streaming products.
    Siemens Motion 501 HS
    Freq. 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6k 8k SRT %
    L 45 60 65 95 85 90 75 80 70 52
    R 45 60 55 55 75 70 80 85 60 44

Would rather wear a feather weight 'necklace' which no one can see with a solid connection and real hands free phone than to have an iPhone permanently attached. Of course YMMV

The problem with the iPhone connection is that you have to hold the phone near your face because the hearing aids depend on the iPhone's microphone to provide voice input.

Not sure how this works with a PC or iPad, etc.

Jordan
    Audiogram
    Left ………Hertz ……Right
    25……………250…………45
    35……………500…………55
    50……………750…………NA
    60…………1000…………50
    60…………2000…………55
    65…………4000…………60
    90…………6000…………70
    90…………8000…………90

4. Default

Beside the hands-free advantage of the necklace streamer (not having to hold the iPhone near your face), there's also the advantage of being able to answer an incoming call by just pushing a button on the necklace streamer without having to take the phone out of your pocket or purse. Of course if you want to screen incoming calls before accepting them, then you'd have to pull out the phone anyway. I know some Bluetooth device may have an option to announce the caller name (via access to your contact list) so you don't have to visually screen it on the phone, but I don't know if any of the HA streamers do that or not.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ian brittain View Post
    It will be interesting if the ???Higher quality via Bluetooth connection??? claim above is really true. I believe its the low power Bluetooth connection that others are using at the moment that are causing the drop outs pop click and poor quality.Interestingly they do not claim a better quality Bluetooth connection, only better quality sound (but better than what )? I eagerly await the result of real life testing to see if they have really cracked it. If they have then these (or maybe a costco variant in the future) may well be my next aids.
    So are you saying that the low power Bluetooth protocol has lower quality than the regular Bluetooth protocol because they have to reduce the amount of data streamed in low power Bluetooth in order to save the energy being streamed, thus resulting in low power?

I saw an article (see this link -> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300316516.html) that says Oticon licensed the CEVA RivieraWaves BLE for the OPN. I assume that this is what they use to connect the OPN to their TV Adapter 3.0, and possibly for the ConnectClip 3.0 whenever it will come out. I have the TV Adapter 3.0 and the BLE connection between my OPNs and the TV Adaptor 3.0 is rock solid.

So I must assume that the issues with the iPhone streaming is due to Oticon having to deal with the Apple proprietary BLE and therefore the issues are Apple BLE specific/related, since there's been no quality issue with the CEVA BLE assuming that it's what they use for the TV Adapter 3.0. At this point I'm not sure where the blame should go for the quality issue I experience with my OPN and you experience with your Resound. Is it the low power limitation resulting in low quality (noisy line)? Is it the Apple proprietary BLE being not as good as other BLE protocol like that from CEVA? Or is it Oticon and Resound not being able to interface properly with the Apple BLE?
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

6. Default

Not sure if its the low power Blutooth connection or Apple. Maybe a bit of both. I thought it was just my resounds doing it, but now see that another manufacture has the same issues with direct connect. Seems to point to one or the other, or more likely a bit of both.

I cannot confirm the bit rate issue (it just a theory of mine as none of the manufactures will tell me) but definitely can confirm (like you) that with all my other Bluetooth accessories and devices, connection is rock solid and the sound quality (to me) has more depth. Its like the difference in sound from two different MP3 recordings. The lower the bit rate the less information and lower quality, with less richness in the sound quality. Some say its ok but just different? to me the loss in sound quality is not acceptable and i have gone back to my trusty phone clip to make the connection.

The clip also has the advantage of an on board mic, so if you are a heavy user (maybe in an office environment) the hands free and better quality definitely outscore the direct connect and hold the phone to ear to use the phones mic. Using the clip under your shirt you do get some strange looks until others learn you have a hands free that they cannot see.

May seem strange but using the phone clip has actually acted a bit like some sort of therapy. I attach the phone clip to the outside of my shirt pocket / jacket collar, or even hang it around my neck on an ID pass chord, so others can actually see it. Stops all the strange looks and im no longer concerned about what others think about my deafness or wearing aids

If someone can fix the direct connect drop put and quality issues, that will be great for streaming music etc, but i still think using direct connect for phone calls is at best, poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    So are you saying that the low power Bluetooth protocol has lower quality than the regular Bluetooth protocol because they have to reduce the amount of data streamed in low power Bluetooth in order to save the energy being streamed, thus resulting in low power?

I saw an article (see this link -> http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300316516.html) that says Oticon licensed the CEVA RivieraWaves BLE for the OPN. I assume that this is what they use to connect the OPN to their TV Adapter 3.0, and possibly for the ConnectClip 3.0 whenever it will come out. I have the TV Adapter 3.0 and the BLE connection between my OPNs and the TV Adaptor 3.0 is rock solid.

So I must assume that the issues with the iPhone streaming is due to Oticon having to deal with the Apple proprietary BLE and therefore the issues are Apple BLE specific/related, since there's been no quality issue with the CEVA BLE assuming that it's what they use for the TV Adapter 3.0. At this point I'm not sure where the blame should go for the quality issue I experience with my OPN and you experience with your Resound. Is it the low power limitation resulting in low quality (noisy line)? Is it the Apple proprietary BLE being not as good as other BLE protocol like that from CEVA? Or is it Oticon and Resound not being able to interface properly with the Apple BLE?
    Last edited by Ian brittain; 04-15-2017 at 01:09 AM.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

I personally notice a difference in sound quality between the Oticon OPN iPhone connection and the TV Adapter connection. The TV Adapter is louder and has a greater clarity IMHO. I've streamed movies on my iPhone and then on the TV Adapter to make that comparison. I'm hoping the ConnectClip has a similar connection to the TV Adapter. Seems like people who use Resound have said the PhoneClip provides better connection and quality via the PhoneClip+.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Jake View Post
    Would rather wear a feather weight 'necklace' which no one can see with a solid connection and real hands free phone than to have an iPhone permanently attached. Of course YMMV
    Ok, that microphone issue is an important point that I did not realize. I am used to the Tek and don't really mind holding it so the phone isn't that much different. Your right though, different strokes for different folks because the necklace is not even a consideration for me. I was ready to upgrade my HAs a year and a half ago and tried the necklace with Pure 7s and the necklace is what put the kibosh on it and what prompted me to wait for the direct BT version.
    Siemens Motion 501 HS
    Freq. 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6k 8k SRT %
    L 45 60 65 95 85 90 75 80 70 52
    R 45 60 55 55 75 70 80 85 60 44

New guy here. Hearing aid wearer for 27 years so far. Sorry no hearing loss matrix, I'll work on that.

I just started wearing Siemens Signia Pure 13 BT hearing aids two days ago.

First let me clear up a few things about them.

• There is no need for an intermediary device for use with iPhone.
    • The hearing aid mikes are the source for your voice when making iPhone calls.
    • You still need the phone handy; for example you pick up and drop the call using the phone.
    • It's possible to stream audio and telephone into one ear or both.
    • Tinnitus functions include notch therapy, which I personally am psyched about.
    • Rocker switches on aid bodies have a total of 12 possible functions! I'm still working that out.

All of my prior instruments were ITE; this is my first experience with BTE, besides a few brief interludes using loaners. From that standpoint I have some things to get used to.

One issue stands out above all at the moment; the audio quality via streaming is bad. BAD bad. It doesn't matter if it is iPhone calls or iPhone audio (I stream Sirius via the phone) or the Siemens/Signia "Streamline" device being used as the source. The quality is so bad that it's nearly useless.

But it's only been two days, and this is the first pair dispensed by my provider. I'm in touch with them and we're going to set up a session with a Siemens audiologist to go through the setup and see if there is something we can change programmatically. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be low quality bluetooth on the Siemens end. I honestly would find that very surprising because they specifically advertise the quality of the streaming side. Fingers crossed.

What type of domes or molds do you have? If you have open domes, you won't get much bass streaming

Quote Originally Posted by wdb View Post
    New guy here. Hearing aid wearer for 27 years so far. Sorry no hearing loss matrix, I'll work on that.

I just started wearing Siemens Signia Pure 13 BT hearing aids two days ago. Wa

First let me clear up a few things about them.

• There is no need for an intermediary device for use with iPhone.
    • The hearing aid mikes are the source for your voice when making iPhone calls.
    • You still need the phone handy; for example you pick up and drop the call using the phone.
    • It's possible to stream audio and telephone into one ear or both.
    • Tinnitus functions include notch therapy, which I personally am psyched about.
    • Rocker switches on aid bodies have a total of 12 possible functions! I'm still working that out.

All of my prior instruments were ITE; this is my first experience with BTE, besides a few brief interludes using loaners. From that standpoint I have some things to get used to.

One issue stands out above all at the moment; the audio quality via streaming is bad. BAD bad. It doesn't matter if it is iPhone calls or iPhone audio (I stream Sirius via the phone) or the Siemens/Signia "Streamline" device being used as the source. The quality is so bad that it's nearly useless.

But it's only been two days, and this is the first pair dispensed by my provider. I'm in touch with them and we're going to set up a session with a Siemens audiologist to go through the setup and see if there is something we can change programmatically. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be low quality bluetooth on the Siemens end. I honestly would find that very surprising because they specifically advertise the quality of the streaming side. Fingers crossed.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40