Thread: Not a matter of bullying

Default Not a matter of bullying

Requesting a new thread is not a matter of bullying; it's a matter of trying to keep the forum usable. Infinitely long threads are really difficult to find things in.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Amen brother!!

3. Default

I participate in more than just this forum for other interests as I'm sure many here probably do too and it comes down to culture. If the culture of the forum is to make a new thread for any little thing then so be it. Other forums you get blasted for making a new thread when a perfectly fine pre-existing one already exists. I'm new here (although I've been reading intently for a few weeks) and now I guess the culture (at least by three people) is a new thread. Ok then. No problem.
    One could argue that when entering search terms and a thread is returned then to find as many variations on the theme in that one thread could be helpful. One could also argue that to get a million threads returned could be onerous. Search terms are also not an exact science to get what you're looking for since different people say different things differently.
    I, for one, don't mind reading through long threads because that thread has to do with what I'm looking for or interested in. But here apparently the culture is to make a new thread. Ok
    Culture.

Maybe multiple threads would help people to focus on the topic. Fewer threads usually lead to talking about too many things
    250 - 500 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 4k - 8k
    L 25 - 30 - 45 - - 55 - 50 - 65 - 60
    R 25 - 30 - 50 - - 60 - 55 - 60 - 65

..SRT..WRS.......MCL..UCL..PTA..AI
    L 45...88%.80dB...80..100...41..20
    R 45...96%.80dB...80..100...45..19

KS 7 (Dec 2016)

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nimailni View Post
    Maybe multiple threads would help people to focus on the topic. Fewer threads usually lead to talking about too many things
    That's what the quote function is for. You can also show this forum in the order of replying to a particular post rather than just chronologically. I'm fine with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by z10user2 View Post
    I participate in more than just this forum for other interests as I'm sure many here probably do too and it comes down to culture. If the culture of the forum is to make a new thread for any little thing then so be it. Other forums you get blasted for making a new thread when a perfectly fine pre-existing one already exists. I'm new here (although I've been reading intently for a few weeks) and now I guess the culture (at least by three people) is a new thread. Ok then. No problem.
    One could argue that when entering search terms and a thread is returned then to find as many variations on the theme in that one thread could be helpful. One could also argue that to get a million threads returned could be onerous. Search terms are also not an exact science to get what you're looking for since different people say different things differently.
    I, for one, don't mind reading through long threads because that thread has to do with what I'm looking for or interested in. But here apparently the culture is to make a new thread. Ok
    Culture.
    Long threads are great to read when they keep to topic and are relevant - especially when you are new and just need to absorb as much of the terminology and information as possible. They can get off topic and sometimes they are used when a new thread to discuss that new topic would be more helpful. It happens both ways. Generally newcomers are welcomed and can find a wealth of information here.
    Carol

Linx 961>Linx2 961> Phonak Audeo V90 312T L&R
    Hz 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 5K 6K 8K
    L 25 25 15 35 40 40 60 60 55
    R 25 25 15 30 40 35 35 55 50
    Speech
    L 83% 40dB, 100% 50dB
    R 80% 40dB, 97% 50dB