Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about coclear implants, but have some questions

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hlaasdan4 View Post
    Have you decided on which brand CI you plan to go with?
    Just starting the process,leaning toward Choclear because I have Resound Linx HA's.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Just starting the process,leaning toward Choclear because I have Resound Linx HA's.
    Ok, I have Cochlear. Let me know if you have any questions.

3. Default

Ok, I have Cochlear. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Seems I cannot PM yet... ?
    This is my Email...
    behappyatcableonedotnet

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Seems I cannot PM yet... ?
    This is my Email...
    behappyatcableonedotnet
    Actually I got your message and replied to it. Did you get it?

Admin, if you're reading this, seems that we're able to send messages but that the sent messages aren't also saved in the sent folder? If you can fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by touches View Post
    go to www.cochlear.com they have where you can connect with a local person in your area to discuss implant. They hooked me up with an individual that had implant and it was very helpful to chat with him before my implant. I had implant Nov. 2016 and have HA in the other ear. I am in the learning process and it is an interesting journey.
    Hi touches,

I have been considering a CI and if I go for it, I would be like you and have implant in one ear and HA in the other. You said it is an interesting journey and I would like you to please elaborate on that. I would love to know more about what your experience with a CI in one ear and a HA in the other is like.

6. Default

Actually I got your message and replied to it. Did you get it?

Admin, if you're reading this, seems that we're able to send messages but that the sent messages aren't also saved in the sent folder? If you can fix that?
    Since others seem to have an interest in this CI post...
    You stated you have had CI for 9 years, I am very happy to hear from you.
    During 9 years have you had troubles with the processor?
    What about upgrades?

FWIW.. I have an acquaintance from a "trade" forum that went with AB and a Phonac HA.
    He said, he could hear, but he had a problem with determining where sound was coming from.
    He has just been approved by insurance to get a second CI. He is very happy.

7. Default

Sure, I've been happy with my CI. I also know of some users that's had their CI's for 20 or almost 30 years, etc.

Most of the troubles I had with my CI are just little external ones like having to replace the coil or needing a new microphone protector and so forth. Kinda like the ones one would also have with an HA.

I've also upgraded once thus far. First getting the Freedom in May 2008 and then upgrading to the Nucleus 6 in January 2015. Whereas the Nucleus 6's processor is smaller and also has some extra features like the remote which I use often and that some of the older models didn't have.

8. Default

yes, getting there but still needs patience and additional tune-up but is better than hearing aids

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by touches View Post
    yes, getting there but still needs patience and additional tune-up but is better than hearing aids
    Please keep us informed in your progress.
    Did you before or do you afterwards have tinnitus?
    Last edited by behappy; 05-05-2017 at 05:43 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    This will always be a problem for CI users.
    Do you have a CI?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -