Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about coclear implants, but have some questions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thinking about coclear implants, but have some questions

I have severe to profound hearing loss in both ears, wore hearing aids for the last 30 years. Recenly i went to my audiologist for my yearly hearing test and i was told that my hearing level has surpassed the point of what my hearing aids could produce (basicaly there turned all the way up). I can still here but it sounds very soft in most cases. I haven't made my apointment as of yet for the coclear implant evaluation.

My biggest question is with coclear implants am I going to be totaly deaf now until I get them turned on and then while there not in?

2. Default

Yes you are right
    125 250 500 1000 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 5 5 20 25 40 45 50 45 50
    R 5 10 25 45 55 65 65 60 65

Oticon OPN master race
    Sorry for my english

3. Default

Do you still have some hearing in any of your ears without the hearing aid?

Very little if any at all. More so loud noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by hlaasdan4 View Post
    Do you still have some hearing in any of your ears without the hearing aid?

5. Default

If you're concerned, maybe get an implant in just one ear, the one with a profound loss. And maybe also ask your audiologist about hybrid implants.

I'm thinking looking for real advice on here instead on talking to your doc is beyond silly!

7. Default

go to www.cochlear.com they have where you can connect with a local person in your area to discuss implant. They hooked me up with an individual that had implant and it was very helpful to chat with him before my implant. I had implant Nov. 2016 and have HA in the other ear. I am in the learning process and it is an interesting journey.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by touches View Post
    go to www.cochlear.com they have where you can connect with a local person in your area to discuss implant. They hooked me up with an individual that had implant and it was very helpful to chat with him before my implant. I had implant Nov. 2016 and have HA in the other ear. I am in the learning process and it is an interesting journey.
    I have just about made the decision to take this plunge myself.
    Just curious if you have made it past the "Robot Chipmunk" stage yet?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    I have just about made the decision to take this plunge myself.
    Just curious if you have made it past the "Robot Chipmunk" stage yet?
    Have you decided on which brand CI you plan to go with?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hlaasdan4 View Post
    Have you decided on which brand CI you plan to go with?
    Just starting the process,leaning toward Choclear because I have Resound Linx HA's.