Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ReSound LiNX 3D: GN Pioneers a New Hearing Care Experience

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stratuscom View Post
    Picked up a demo pair of the Linx 3Ds yesterday for two weeks. My current aids are the Linx 2. We installed the Linx 2 receivers on the 3Ds for a fair comparison.
    Hi Stratuscom, Thanks for posting you experiences, I am considering the same. Questions:
    1. Were you wearing LiNX 2 level 9, what receivers? ....I have Cala8 with 3 HP receivers.
    2. Are you trying the 3 D level 9? What domes are you using?
    L 15 15 60 70 75 75 50 55 80
    R 35 35 55 65 85 95 45 60 80

Hz25.50 1...2...4...8...Sr..Wr1.2

2. Default

Those are just the default program. Each of the four slots can have All-Around, Restaurant, Outdoor, Music, Acoustic Phone, Telecoil+Mic, TelecoilLoop+Mic, and REM Test. I actually Nixed the Music setting (not too useful in my opinion) for a second All-Around that I can use to tweak the feedback and tinnitus generator params on.

The app also lets you adjust the focus and noise suppression in the Restaurant mode which is very useful to me.

My Audi doesn't have the Remote capability either. She says she would if I wanted it (I'm by far the most knowledgeable customer as far as the technology goes). I just punted and bought myself an Airlink2 off eBay and have been playing with the settings on my own.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6

3. Default

Could someone help me? I hope I'm in the right place. Six weeks ago I got a Resound 3D Linx. I like the fit and style, but the sound level keeps going up and down. It will go up so much I get a headache and than down so much I can't hear the TV. My audiologist has been adjusting it and it seems to be a bit better but I now have trouble understanding the TV. I have the 3D app which keeps crashing but will sometimes open again and be "normal". If I am not happy with the adjustments on Monday, he will fit me for another one. Has anyone had these problems? Shouldn't the sound volume go up and stay up when you are in a particular place? I had a widex for 13 years and this is my first new technology. What should I be getting use to? Any advice would be so helpful. Thanks.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by addietief View Post
    Could someone help me? I hope I'm in the right place. Six weeks ago I got a Resound 3D Linx. I like the fit and style, but the sound level keeps going up and down. It will go up so much I get a headache and than down so much I can't hear the TV. My audiologist has been adjusting it and it seems to be a bit better but I now have trouble understanding the TV. I have the 3D app which keeps crashing but will sometimes open again and be "normal". If I am not happy with the adjustments on Monday, he will fit me for another one. Has anyone had these problems? Shouldn't the sound volume go up and stay up when you are in a particular place?.
    Hi addietief, I want to assure you that someone, with more expertise than I have, WILL respond.
    I am wearing the previous model ReSound Cala8, from Costco, so will respond that you definitely are experiencing faulty results. Your ReSound 3D model has the capability to automatically reset to a GPS location, but you would have total control of that reset. I read that you have not chosen to set such automatic reset.
    Are you controlling your 3D's by way of an iPhone or Android cell phone? When you sit down to watch TV, you can reset the hearing aids to "all around" by opening and closing your battery doors on both aids. Doing that should return them to your audiologist's "normal" or "all around" setting. In that setting, the aids should not automatically adjust for your location or for your TV volume.
    Your provider definitely needs to properly set your aids and explain how you can adjust the aids.
    Best Wishes
    L 15 15 60 70 75 75 50 55 80
    R 35 35 55 65 85 95 45 60 80

Hz25.50 1...2...4...8...Sr..Wr1.2

5. Default

Thanks so much for answering. I'll try to answer all your questions. I have an android phone and the smart 3D app. It crashes every few days and I have to reinstall it. The volume on my aids gets louder and softer, whenever it wants to. I will watch TV and the volume will go up for a few seconds, than down, a few minutes later it does it again. My audiologist has been trying to adjust it. I like the music program for voice lessons and music but I noticed my voice sounds louder than the piano she is playing and I miss a few notes. Now, I normally can hear those notes with my old aides and if the new ones are on the all around program. Sometimes both beep a few times. What auto reset are you talking about? I always have the all around set unless I am doing music things. I noticed things have a closed sound instead of an open sound. I had widex for 13 years. Can I not be use to this kind of aid? He said he would make another mold and order another pair if I want him to. The thing is, how are these supposed to work? What should I expect with sound going louder and softer? I'm sorry I'm bombarding you with so many questions but help from you and others would help me so much.

They don't sound like they're operating correctly. I'd take your audiologist up on the offer to try another pair. You could also request that he have a representative of the company present at a fitting session.

Quote Originally Posted by addietief View Post
    Thanks so much for answering. I'll try to answer all your questions. I have an android phone and the smart 3D app. It crashes every few days and I have to reinstall it. The volume on my aids gets louder and softer, whenever it wants to. I will watch TV and the volume will go up for a few seconds, than down, a few minutes later it does it again. My audiologist has been trying to adjust it. I like the music program for voice lessons and music but I noticed my voice sounds louder than the piano she is playing and I miss a few notes. Now, I normally can hear those notes with my old aides and if the new ones are on the all around program. Sometimes both beep a few times. What auto reset are you talking about? I always have the all around set unless I am doing music things. I noticed things have a closed sound instead of an open sound. I had widex for 13 years. Can I not be use to this kind of aid? He said he would make another mold and order another pair if I want him to. The thing is, how are these supposed to work? What should I expect with sound going louder and softer? I'm sorry I'm bombarding you with so many questions but help from you and others would help me so much.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by reidfm View Post
    Hi Stratuscom, Thanks for posting you experiences, I am considering the same. Questions:
    1. Were you wearing LiNX 2 level 9, what receivers? ....I have Cala8 with 3 HP receivers.
    2. Are you trying the 3 D level 9? What domes are you using?
    Hi Reidfm: My LiNX2s are the model 61. I am not certain what level, but they are the newest LiNX2s. With these and now the LiNX3s that I am demoing, I have the same high power receivers with ear molds. Tulips or domes would cause too much feedback or take too much processing to block the feedback. The improvement in speech clarity I'm experiencing, in my estimation, is due to the software cleaning up the consonants better than in the 2s. The consonants are sharper, but without the sound being as "tinny" as the older aids.
    L&R 250hz -30, 500hz -40, 1000hz -55, 1500hz 60, 2000hz -65, 3000hz -75, 4000hz 85, 6000hz -90

Quote Originally Posted by rnatalie View Post
    My Audi doesn't have the Remote capability either. She says she would if I wanted it (I'm by far the most knowledgeable customer as far as the technology goes). I just punted and bought myself an Airlink2 off eBay and have been playing with the settings on my own.
    Hi rnatalie: Did your Airlink 2 come with the updated firmware, or were you able to download it from Resound?
    L&R 250hz -30, 500hz -40, 1000hz -55, 1500hz 60, 2000hz -65, 3000hz -75, 4000hz 85, 6000hz -90

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Stratuscom View Post
    Hi rnatalie: Did your Airlink 2 come with the updated firmware, or were you able to download it from Resound?
    When I first connected the device to Smart Fit, it told me the firmware needed to be updated and loaded up an program to do it. The only non-obvious part is you need to connect he AirLink *AFTER* the update application starts up. If it's already plugged into your USB port, just unplug it and replug it in. After a few minutes it is done and it works fine.

The 61 / 62 is the size of the part that goes behind your ear. The difference is the size battery it takes. I've got the 62s which give me the larger (13) battery. Let's me go about ten days with moderate use of the iPhone. I've not tried screwing with the Android (I'm an app developer so I have both phones but primarily I use the iPhone) yet, but I guess maybe I should try that.

The level of software functionality is governed by a different model number (5, 7, or 9). I've got the 9's.

Anyhow, as you were told, your HAs are not working properly. The only time mine "auto mute" themselves is when the phone wants to make a noise. Typically this only really happens spontaneously when I get an incoming call or the MAPS app is about to give me a driving direction (my wife was amused when she thought I knew this town we had never been in before and I knew how to get to the destination when in fact, google maps was giving me the turns in my hearing aids).

I think you should definitely bring this up to the Audi. If you bought these through an Audi, you pay for the personal debugging of your problems like this. There are diagnostic logs in the hearing aids that show up in Smart Fit that may help her.
    250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 25 30 40 50 55 60 65
    L 10 25 15 20 30 40 45 35

Resound Linx 3D 9 (June 2017)
    Airllink2 Programmer/Smart Fit Software
    Multimic
    Phoneclip+
    TV Streamer 2
    iPhone 6

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    They don't sound like they're operating correctly. I'd take your audiologist up on the offer to try another pair. You could also request that he have a representative of the company present at a fitting session.
    wanted to update and let you know that my audilogist is sending the hearing aids back to be fixed. I forgot to ask if they are going to fix them or get me a new pair. But he has had success with Resound and likes it and has had no problems with them in the past. So fingers crossed that I will have a great pair of hearing aids in two weeks.