Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Announcing ReSound LiNX 3D: GN Pioneers a New Hearing Care Experience

1. Default

I'm back and wanted to say that I got my resound back yesterday and so far it is working great. It does not get louder and softer, speech is better, the music program is great. I keep comparing it to my Widex that I had for 13 years but shouldn't. Everything was loud in the widex but the background noise is very soft in resound - hard to hear fridge. The surrounding area is so quiet yet voices come out loud and clear. I DO have one question tho. Twice I heard a series of beeps in both ears. Yesterday and today. Is there a reason for this? Just a few for about half a minute. NOT the dings you hear when you change programs. Do they "talk" to each other? I only had a widex so I expect Resound to act like my widex. I'd love some answers! Thanks! P.S. I'm holding my breath waiting for the aids to malfunction again but so far they are great.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by addietief View Post
    Do they "talk" to each other? I only had a widex so I expect Resound to act like my widex. I'd love some answers!
    Most modern HAs, especially a new model like the LINX 3D, most likely "talk" to each other, usually via near field magnetic induction. And it's not just for sync ups like volume control or program adjustments, but also for data exchange to help improve the binaural experience for the user. But all that "talking" should not be audible to the user anyway.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

3. Default

Can anyone tell me how well these work for you in a noisy restaurant setting?
    Freq 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    L 35 40 50 60 65 80
    R 30 35 30 40 60 75

Speech Discrimination
    L 48
    R 84

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsHouseCat View Post
    Can anyone tell me how well these work for you in a noisy restaurant setting?
    I wore them in an extremely noisy restaurant at lunch today. I struggled a bit at first but I opened the app on my iPhone and was able to improve the situation by switching to the restaurant program, narrowing the speech focus and by turning up the volume a bit. The app is really unique in that it allows you to play around with base, middle, treble, speech focus, noise reduction and you can then save these adjustments to a program. You can even link the program to a gps location and tell the app to automatically switch to this program whenever the iPhone goes to the same place again.

The other interesting thing you can do is turn on Apple's Live Listen feature on the iPhone (you do this by triple clicking the home button on your iPhone). This turns your iPhone into a remote microphone that you can place on the table closer to your guest. The sound picked up by the iPhone's microphone then gets live streamed to the hearing aids. I haven't tried this yet but will do so over the weekend. Lots of cool features on the Linx3d and the app for those who like to play around and experiment.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my audiologist and will try some more fine tuning for extremely loud environments like restaurants.

Jordan
    Last edited by JordanK; Yesterday at 09:29 PM.
    Audiogram
    Left ………Hertz ……Right
    25……………250…………45
    35……………500…………55
    50……………750…………NA
    60…………1000…………50
    60…………2000…………55
    65…………4000…………60
    90…………6000…………70
    90…………8000…………90