Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ReSound LiNX 3D: GN Pioneers a New Hearing Care Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Dude. 3D stands for three dimensional. It is a general term across all sorts of fields. Or, I suppose you could claim it as a geometry term.
    yeah like an 360° arc I would assume @3D , just another word of saying it.
    Left/Right//kHz // Oticon OPN1 105dB C-Shell with support

45/55//0.25
    60/70// 0.5
    70/70//1
    60/70//2
    60/60//3
    50/45//4
    55/50//6
    45/55//8

2. Default

Does anyone know if i could programme these with Resound Aventa 3.10.

I spoke to a Costco Audi and she said she thought i would have to upgrade to Aventa 4? Can seen to find Aventa 4 anywhere?

Regards Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Gery_R View Post
    yeah like an 360° arc I would assume @3D , just another word of saying it.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    The main take-away I see from this is the remote programming capability...
    This is fairly accurate. We have gone through the painstaking process of building a comparison of the old LiNX2 vs LiNX 3D, and can say most features are similar, with the exception of the upgraded binaural directionality (link to whitepaper) and upgrade to ReSound Smart 3D app (enabling the remote programming, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Ian brittain View Post
    I'm not suggesting you fit your own hearing aids, but I believe the answer is no. According to this guide you need the new Resound Smart Fit 1.0.

SmartFit 1.0 is needed to program the 3D's; latest Aventa (3.11) is for the older aids.
    Marc

Hz 250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k -- 2k -- 3k -- 4k -- 6k -- 8k
    R: 20 -- 25 -- 35 -- 35 -- 45 --- 50 -- 55 -- 60 -- 55 -- 70
    L: 15 -- 25 -- 35 -- 40 -- 45 --- 60 -- 50 -- 60 -- 55 -- 65
    [Opn]

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    I'm afraid it will be the former not the latter as that puts the adjustment control out of the reach of the Audiologist, BUT it makes for a really interesting quandry for Resound, especially given their recent stance on Web based sales.
    Just revising this:
    The request is made using the App, with the patient advising on the nature of the issue. The audiologist then uploads a packet of suitable changes which the app downloads. The patient can then upgrade the aids with the new setting and try them. If they don't work then the App allows the patient to revert to the previous setting. Very clever. Plus the new app looks better/cleaner.

Looks like I'll be taking the business online at this rate.

I'd be keen to know your thoughts on that kind of delivery.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Just revising this:
    The request is made using the App, with the patient advising on the nature of the issue. The audiologist then uploads a packet of suitable changes which the app downloads. The patient can then upgrade the aids with the new setting and try them. If they don't work then the App allows the patient to revert to the previous setting. Very clever. Plus the new app looks better/cleaner.

Looks like I'll be taking the business online at this rate.

I'd be keen to know your thoughts on that kind of delivery.
    Double edged sword.

1. Remote adjustments
    2. Recent statement not honoring warranty of online seller

Be interesting to our Aussie friend. He could service the outback were clinics must be few and far.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ian brittain View Post

I spoke to a Costco Audi and she said she thought i would have to upgrade to Aventa 4? Can seen to find Aventa 4 anywhere?

Regards Ian
    With the caveat that I have not done this before (because it's new and because we don't wear ReSound) you should be able to obtain SmartFit and program these yourself.
    >>Links for Hearing Aid Self Programming and Self Programmers<<

However, connectivity between the programming device and these newfangled hearing aids (with no cable connections) could be a roadblock as you may need to use a wireless fitting device, or use a special battery door that adds a cable connection. The special battery door seems to be available to professionals only at this point in time.
    >>ReSound LiNX 3D Fitting Guide<<
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

9. Default

Oh, the no-cable-connections only applies to some models. Check out your specific model by using the "Connection Assistance" feature of SmartFit.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    Double edged sword.

1. Remote adjustments - Great for geographically remote clientele in my immediate rural vicinity.
    2. Recent statement not honoring warranty of online seller - Not sure how they can differentiate assuming there is one brick and mortar location in existence.

Be interesting to our Aussie friend. He could service the outback were clinics must be few and far. - This is my problem in terms of the economics too.

Answers in Bold
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content