Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Announcing ReSound LiNX 3D: GN Pioneers a New Hearing Care Experience

Blog Entries

Well, it is a great product for online clinics/sites to more easily market /support. Buyhear must be excited. It should ease support for such businesses. I'll give credit to Resound for opening the market further. I'd don't see other premium brands rushing to compete. That would destroy their relationship with premium minded clinics.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KenP View Post
    Well, it is a great product for online clinics/sites to more easily market /support. Buyhear must be excited. It should ease support for such businesses. I'll give credit to Resound for opening the market further. I'd don't see other premium brands rushing to compete. That would destroy their relationship with premium minded clinics.
    Does this signal a "marketing channel" change for them? I had always understood they were averse to that.
    Freq 250 500 1000 2000 4000 8000
    L 35 40 50 60 65 80
    R 30 35 30 40 60 75

Speech Discrimination
    L 48
    R 84

Blog Entries

It certainly makes it easier for companies like Buyhear. They must send out a kit for other aids. That kit is supposed to be sent back and forth but some here are holding onto them for longer periods. That increases their cost.

Compare that to using the cloud. Now added equipment required. Customer can get an adjustment any time without the need to have the kit shipped to them.

Looks like a win-win for that channel.
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

4. Default

Sure its not a late April fools joke

Hearing 3D ? That a visual term.

I know you eat with your eyes, i have never heard (pun intended) of eyes being able to hear.

Maybe it all tru, you never know. Only time will tell.

My take on it and the hype / spin is.
    If Linx was a 50% improvement on Verso, and Cala is improvement on Linx, now 3D is 50% better than Link.
    Then anything before the Verso could only have been a cork or an ear trumpet. Certainly it could never have actually heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsHouseCat View Post
    While this remote adjustment ability may be big news for Resound going forward - there is nothing tangible here that makes me think I will HEAR SPEECH any better with these than with the Linx2. In fact, the "% Better" claims sound a little familiar.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit