Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Announcing ReSound LiNX 3D: GN Pioneers a New Hearing Care Experience

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    With the caveat that I have not done this before (because it's new and because we don't wear ReSound) you should be able to obtain SmartFit and program these yourself.
    >>Links for Hearing Aid Self Programming and Self Programmers<<

However, connectivity between the programming device and these newfangled hearing aids (with no cable connections) could be a roadblock as you may need to use a wireless fitting device, or use a special battery door that adds a cable connection. The special battery door seems to be available to professionals only at this point in time.
    >>ReSound LiNX 3D Fitting Guide<<
    There's also a driver update needed for Airlink 2 that turns it into the Noah AnyFit or whatever they have called it - you need this update prior to being able to program the 3D.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

2. Default

Many thanks PVC and Um bongo

I will look into the software.
    I currently use Aventa 3.10 and an Airlink dongle to wireless programme my hearing aids. Obtained in the USA as my audiologist here in the UK was not familiar with my Resound Verso aids and just could not get them right. In the end i took the Resound courses and learnt myself. I am looking to upgrade to the Linx3D if and only if, they are a major improvement on my tweaked Versos's. Currently my Versos are only slightly less effective than the Linx2. I am also concerned i may have to upgrade my Airlink dongle to an Airlink2 ? If so then i will have another major expense there. Last time i could only get it from the USA, and it cost me nearly £400 with import duty's.

I have an appointment with the Resound rep at my local Costco on Sunday so hopeful will get some good info. (Or not as the case may be).

So far the only difference i can see is improved spacial sense and noise suppression. However i would ask the forum a couple of related questions, regarding the Linx3D with open fit domes, and being able to quantify the improvements.

If the only improvement is to spacial sense and noise suppression to improve speech in noise, then how much benefit is likely to be to an open dome fit user.
    With open domes could the background noise still not filter in, and could this not confuse the brain or negate the improvements that the mics and software are trying to give?

With Spacial sense, once again if sounds can leak in via the open domes (rather than via the microphones) then could this not confuse the issue.
    I understand the theory of the head acting as a natural block to high frequency's, and the Linx3D can simulate this natural affect, to improve spacial awareness. However I can only see that these improvements would be applicable, (or give the greatest benefit to closed dome users), who are receiving most of the high frequency sounds, via the mics on the aids.
    Can someone here can advise if i have it wrong. Hopefully i have (and open dome users like me) will be able still benefit from the improved spacial sense and speech in noise from the Linx3D.

Regards Ian

With the caveat that I have not done this before (because it's new and because we don't wear ReSound) you should be able to obtain SmartFit and program these yourself.
    >>Links for Hearing Aid Self Programming and Self Programmers<<

However, connectivity between the programming device and these newfangled hearing aids (with no cable connections) could be a roadblock as you may need to use a wireless fitting device, or use a special battery door that adds a cable connection. The special battery door seems to be available to professionals only at this point in time.
    >>ReSound LiNX 3D Fitting Guide<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    There's also a driver update needed for Airlink 2 that turns it into the Noah AnyFit or whatever they have called it - you need this update prior to being able to program the 3D.
    Last edited by Ian brittain; 05-10-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

Hopefully one of our audiologists will respond, but here's my take.

I think you are correct that with open domes, the noise reduction capability of the hearing aids will be impaired as sounds at 750hz, 1.5k, 2k and 3k will definitely "leak" past the domes and be unable to be processed by the hearing aids.

Regarding the spacial sense. If it involves mainly dealing with the high frequencies, it may be helpful as your 4k-8k range will be largely processed by the hearing aids.Again, really hope somebody more knowledgeable responds. Interesting questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian brittain View Post
    Many thanks PVC and Um bongo

I will look into the software.
    I currently use Aventa 3.10 and an Airlink dongle to wireless programme my hearing aids. Obtained in the USA as my audiologist here in the UK was not familiar with my Resound Verso aids and just could not get them right. In the end i took the Resound courses and learnt myself. I am looking to upgrade to the Linx3D if and only if, they are a major improvement on my tweaked Versos's. Currently my Versos are only slightly less effective than the Linx2. I am also concerned i may have to upgrade my Airlink dongle to an Airlink2 ? If so then i will have another major expense there. Last time i could only get it from the USA, and it cost me nearly £400 with import duty's.

I have an appointment with the Resound rep at my local Costco on Sunday so hopeful will get some good info. (Or not as the case may be).

So far the only difference i can see is improved spacial sense and noise suppression. However i would ask the forum a couple of related questions, regarding the Linx3D with open fit domes, and being able to quantify the improvements.

If the only improvement is to spacial sense and noise suppression to improve speech in noise, then how much benefit is likely to be to an open dome fit user.
    With open domes could the background noise still not filter in, and could this not confuse the brain or negate the improvements that the mics and software are trying to give?

With Spacial sense, once again if sounds can leak in via the open domes (rather than via the microphones) then could this not confuse the issue.
    I understand the theory of the head acting as a natural block to high frequency's, and the Linx3D can simulate this natural affect, to improve spacial awareness. However I can only see that these improvements would be applicable, (or give the greatest benefit to closed dome users), who are receiving most of the high frequency sounds, via the mics on the aids.
    Can someone here can advise if i have it wrong. Hopefully i have (and open dome users like me) will be able still benefit from the improved spacial sense and speech in noise from the Linx3D.

Regards Ian
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

4. Default

@Ian, Maybe you should start a separate DIY thread when/if you want to program the LiNX3D
    Some models can be programmed wired with Hi Pro/CS44 cables/flex strips...
    >>ReSound Smart Fit cable guide<<

Here's the Airlink 2 Firmware Update UB was talking about...
    >>Programming ReSound LiNX 3D with Airlink 2<<
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

5. Default

Hi PVC, Many thanks for the help and assistance.

I will certainty start a new thread when i get the chance to programme the Linx 3D. I am hoping the visit to Costco on Sunday will shed some light on the subject.

Once again many thanks for your assistance.
    Regards Ian

@Ian, Maybe you should start a separate DIY thread when/if you want to program the LiNX3D
    Some models can be programmed wired with Hi Pro/CS44 cables/flex strips...
    >>ReSound Smart Fit cable guide<<

Here's the Airlink 2 Firmware Update UB was talking about...
    >>Programming ReSound LiNX 3D with Airlink 2<<
    ------250 - 500 - 750 - 1k - 1.5k - 2k - 3 k - 4k - 6k - 8k
    L ----- 40 --- 30 ------0 ----25 ---15 -----5 -- 15 --- 45 --50-- 55
    R ----- 40 -- 30-------0 --- 30 ---20 --- 10 -- 20 ---45 ---55 -45

Resound Verso 961's - Open fit

Is Costco offering the LiNX 3D? Some of the threads mentioned visit to Costco....
    Baywood kS6s (was Resound Forza, Phone Clip+)
    40 <250> 46
    50 <500> 56
    55 <1k> 67
    60 <2k> 70
    70 <4k> 66
    70 <8k> 70

To the best of my knowledge, the most advanced Resound aid available from Costco is the Cala 8 which is similar to the Linx 2. When and if something based off of the LiNX 3D shows up is anybody's guess. My guess is sometime this Fall, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Baywood View Post
    Is Costco offering the LiNX 3D? Some of the threads mentioned visit to Costco....
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    To the best of my knowledge, the most advanced Resound aid available from Costco is the Cala 8 which is similar to the Linx 2. When and if something based off of the LiNX 3D shows up is anybody's guess. My guess is sometime this Fall, but who knows?

Originally Posted by Baywood

Hi MDB, I hope you are right on Costco offering LiNX 3D in/or before Fall 2017! I'm trialing CALA 8, pleased with performance, but hoping for the upgrade. Floyd
    L 15 15 60 70 75 75 50 55 80
    R 35 35 55 65 85 95 45 60 80

Hz25.50 1...2...4...8...Sr..Wr1.2

ok, I just got these for a demo yesterday, I'll speak to my experience with them over the last 24 hours, and my thoughts on ReSound Assist.

First, holy crap, I think I'm in love. So far, these are the best hearing aids I've worn. Let me provide some history.

I started some years ago with the Oticon Duals. They were my first hearing aids. They were ok, I guess, but I kept having issues with them. The left one in particular would either stop working or operate at about 50%. A few years later moved to the Siemens Pure Micons and loved those. A few years after that, I'd met my deductible and my health insurance will pay for new aids so I upgraded to the Siemens Binax. We had a lot of trouble getting these fit. The Micons were easy right out of the box, but the Binaxes took a lot of adjustments and even then, I was half tempted to go back to the Micons but just stayed with them.

Now a few years later, I had a knee surgery earlier this year so I've met my deductible and am going to get new aids. I first demoed the Oticon Opns. Hated them. Feedback was terrible, music sounded like it was coming through a 50 year old transistor radio when I was listening in my $3,000 custom car system. Brought those back, just tried the new Signias. Hated them, too. Just sounded like shit. Trying to fit them at the demo session we even brought a Siemens rep on the phone to help. Just never sounded ok and after a few days I took them out.

Went back in yesterday, my audi had just that day received the Linx 3d units so we set those up. My wife is already commenting I'm hearing speech better, and just noticed last night that we had the tv volume about 10% lower than normal and I was hearing better than normal. Stopped at Whole Foods on the way home, it was busy. I usually struggle a bit to hear the conversation from the clerk at checkout, especially if a female. This time, no problem at all. Connectivity is great, music and podcasts from my iPhone sound the best of these 3 units, by far.

The app is really good, but I can't find the ReSound Assist functionality. Have emailed their support and will call my audi on Monday. These are brand new to her, too. My guess is she has to enable something for that function to show up in the app. The app is great, by the way. The best of the bunch. I can adjust bass, mid and treble in each program. Feedback, control is excellent, too.

So in terms of usage, at this point I'll be surprised if these aren't my choice. I'm a day in and LOVING them.

From an audi's perspective, I would think these would be a hit. My audi doesn't charge me to come in and get program adjustments, those are free. Now I don't have to take up time on her schedule. She can make adjustments when convenient, push them to the app and then I can accept or reject them. I don't have to take the time to make an office visit, she doesn't have to consume her schedule with a non-revenue producing appointment. Win win.

I think ReSound has a major hit on their hands, here.
    My audiogram results:
    0250.Hz L-15 R-05
    0500.Hz L-10 R-10
    0750.Hz L-15 R-15
    1000.Hz L-30 R-20
    2000.Hz L-50 R-35
    3000.Hz L-60 R-45
    4000.Hz L-65 R-50
    8000.Hz L-55 R-55

10. Default

^^^ I already mentioned in the other thread as well, but I think the reason the OPN and Signia sound tinny to you while streaming is simply because you have an open dome (which would be my guess based on your audiogram) and the bass and mids all but leak out of your open domes. I've heard from some people who wear closed domes or custom molds with no vent that they think the OPN has too much bass, because the bass don't get to leak out like with your open domes. I wear closed domes with a tiny vent and I get good bass response on the OPN while streaming. Your audi should have known better and increased the bass response on the streaming program for you on those aids to compensate for the open domes and the sound should be much better for music for you. I'm guessing that the Resound already has the increase in bass while streaming to compensate for your open domes, unless for some reason they fit you with a closed dome on the Resound.

But that's strictly in terms of streaming. If you like the Resound better when in non-streaming mode as well then that's all good for you. But I think your negative comments on the other 2 aids have been mostly with respect to streaming from what I can tell.

Also in terms of bad feedback on the OPN, I'd also venture to guess that your audi never bothered to run the feedback program on the OPN for you. I have absolutely no feedback whatsoever on my OPN even if I press my hands directly on them. But my audi did run the feedback program on my OPN, and again I wear closed domes which also help with the feedback.
    Last edited by Volusiano; 05-20-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100