Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Something odd going on with PVC's posts

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    453

    Default Something odd going on with PVC's posts

    His posts no longer have signatures that include links and the two main threads seem to be offline.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    His posts no longer have signatures that include links and the two main threads seem to be offline.

    I think it's intentional.
    Related to the mystery, there are some forums that let you edit your posts only for a period of time. This forum seems to let you edit for an indefinite period of time.

  3. Default

    Update: Turns out I was right. He decided he had to take his bat and ball and go home and pout for a short while like a petulant child. But dang his information and knowledge is so excellent. Too bad about the personality.
    So I guess the next time he doesn't like the quantity of other posts in "his" threads, he'll just clear his OP and start the thread fresh and his originals will drop down out of sight. Works apparently. With the fact that posts can be edited indefinitely.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    453

    Default

    That's your take. My take is he was very bothered by all the distraction going on regarding his posts and he wasn't sure how to handle it.He thought about it awhile and figured out how he wanted to deal with it. My take regarding you? Your initial comments were valuable and had the possibility of toning down the feud, but you didn't know how to quit while you were ahead.

    Quote Originally Posted by z10user2 View Post
    Update: Turns out I was right. He decided he had to take his bat and ball and go home and pout for a short while like a petulant child. But dang his information and knowledge is so excellent. Too bad about the personality.
    So I guess the next time he doesn't like the quantity of other posts in "his" threads, he'll just clear his OP and start the thread fresh and his originals will drop down out of sight. Works apparently. With the fact that posts can be edited indefinitely.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  5. Default

    Ok good. Thanks for the feedback. That's very helpful.
    I certainly don't think I'm any kind of troll...just having discussions.
    Yeah the feud. Sheesh. Not having any authority of course but yeah I was trying to tone it down between him and cszoom1. I'm not sure how ahead I was though Apparently I was entirely unsuccessful. Alas.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Having an impact on people's behavior is very challenging. You were at a point that they were both agreeing with you. It doesn't get any better even if they're still doing things that annoy or might annoy the other party. They at least temporarily have some awareness and said they'd work on it. That's a success.

    Quote Originally Posted by z10user2 View Post
    Ok good. Thanks for the feedback. That's very helpful.
    I certainly don't think I'm any kind of troll...just having discussions.
    Yeah the feud. Sheesh. Not having any authority of course but yeah I was trying to tone it down between him and cszoom1. I'm not sure how ahead I was though Apparently I was entirely unsuccessful. Alas.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •