Thread: How to get Hearing Aid Fitting Software

1. Thumbs up How to get Hearing Aid Fitting Software

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxx;nnnnn
    Genie http://support.oticon.ca/...also you must be aware of Genie versus >>Genie2<<
    Phonak Target http://fittingsw-objects.phonak.com/....0.1.29364.exe
    Phonak iPFG https://www.phonakpro.com/com/en/sup...downloads.html
    ReSound SmartFit/Aventa http://www.supportgn.com/resound/sub...es_patches.php
    Bernafon Oasis
    Starkey Inspire ?Link? -and- Starkey Patient Database
    Connexx6.5.5/SiFit6.10.3 for Siemens/Signia older/legacy
    Connexx6.5.5/RexFit6.8.4 for Rexton older/legacy
    Connexx8.2.10/SiFit8.2.11 for Siemens/Signia newer/current
    Connexx8.2.9/RexFit8.2.1 for Rexton newer/current
    UnitronTrueFitCustomer3.4.0 2017.02.01
    Hansaton
    Widex Compass GPS 2.4, Widex Compass V5 >>Best Effort Search<< may be available as a torrent file... If you are familiar with file-sharing via BitTorrent then post a question asking if anyone has this torrent file, you may get lucky.
    I anonymized the above links I found for downloading fitting software. Links may deteriorate over time.

Impossible to download? Costco locked-version of ReSound-Aventa for Kirkland Signature (KS5 and KS6)

Which version of the fitting software? Generally you will want the latest version of the fitting software. The latest version is capable of fitting most of the current hearing aids models including the latest models. However, if you have legacy/older hearing aids then the latest software version may not support your older model.

Some fitting software (Target, Genie/Genie2, Connexx 8, Compass) programs have an update feature that will download and install updates to the fitting software giving you the latest version. Look for it. Also be skeptical about buying Free-Fitting-Software from EBay. You will likely get an older version.

Some vendors switch software platforms, for example;
    PhonaK: iPFG software supports older models while the newer Phonak Target software supports newer models.

Oticon: Genie software supports older models while the newer Oticon >>Genie2<< supports newer models (beginning with Opn). Downloading Genie2 gets you both versions but if you want to run the old version instead of running the default new >>Genie2<< version then you need to choose a separate .exe file in order to run the old version. Hint, click this link >>Genie2<<.

ReSound: Aventa software supports older models while the newer SmartFit supports newer models. Downloading SmartFit gets you both versions. With SmartFit you may encounter connectivity issues between the programming device and some newer hearing aids models because you may need to use a wireless fitting device, or use a special battery door that adds a cable connection. The special battery door seems to be available to professionals only at this point in time.

Connexx: Connexx Fitting Software has two different parts: 1) The Connexx fitting software 2) The Hearing Instrument/HI database. You need a SiFit HI database for Siemens/Signia HIs. You need a RexFit HI database for Rexton HIs. There are many different versions (old and new) of each of the two parts. Some versions may not run on different Windows OS versions. You will usually find the two pieces you need together in one download. If you want this to work only for Siemens/Signia HIs then install only the version with SiFit HI database. If you want this to work only for Rexton HIs then install only the version with RexFit HI database. If you want it to work for both (Siemens/Signia and Rexton) then install both versions. After installing both you will end up with one Connexx with two HI databases and two commands to run the software. There are other (more obscure) Connexx versions (Hansaton, Electone).

Widex: COMPASS V5 is for hearing aid families prior to Widex DREAM platform. COMPASS GPS is for programming the DREAM family of hearing aids, which can only be programmed wirelessly through the USB Link or nEARCom.

Note that I intend to update the Original Post/OP as the environment changes.
    Last edited by pvc; 05-14-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

2. Default

Please excuse the big dust up and reorganization. Thank you for your contributions which are most welcome here.

I believe that I have captured your most recent contributions.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content