Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed with Audeo B-R 90 connection to Compilot II

1. Unhappy Disappointed with Audeo B-R 90 connection to Compilot II

I am still in my trial period with my new Audeo B-R 90. I like how the HAs work and I feel like I'm hearing better.
    They came with a Compilot Air II. I liked being able to take phone calls via Bluetooth with this device, but there were
    dropouts as I moved my head around. As I read discussions, I noted that the Air was known to not have great connectivity
    with the aids, but the Compilot II was better because of the neck loop. So, I switched to the Compilot II.
    I'm finding similar dropouts, which is very disconcerting during a phone call. It makes me wonder if there is something wrong with the
    aids themselves.

Have others found this to be the case? I've done testing with two different cell phones and positions, etc. I'm certain that it is not an
    issue with Bluetooth connectivity to the Compilot. It definately seems related to the connection between the Compilot and the aids.

Anybody know if it is possible to get the sensitivity of the aids boosted? That might make the connection more reliable.
    Or do I need to consider a different model HA or even different brand?

I don't want to get stuck with something as expensive as these Audeos if they are not going to work reliably for years.
    Last edited by fortnotes; 04-05-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    Freq:..25..500.1k.1.5k.2k..3k..4k..6k..8k
    Left:..10..10..10..20..35..60..60..35..25
    Right:.0...7...10..20..30..55..55..30..25

Blog Entries

The neckloop is often the source of problems. Most ask for a spare. It is older (magnetic resonance) tech. The link from the Compilot to the aids isn't Bluetooth
    Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

Is the Compilot on the short or long neckloop? It can make a difference to the NFMI field density.

That said, certain interference can also impact the performance - and although it's entirely a guess on my part, the metallic dye content of darker colored clothing collars sitting over the wire forms a bit of a Faraday cage too.

Either that or it's just a duff one.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

I am using Compilot 2 (and before that the Compilot) and found both to be completely, 100%, reliable when using my phone (iPhone). The neck loop wears out about once a year, when that happens all connectivity is gone. I have a spare for that. I also use it with TV Link and here I do experience some instability, but that problem appears to be associated with certain other electronics being on at my house that interferes with either the TV or the TV Link.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    L R
    250Hz 25 25
    500Hz 20 20
    1000Hz 30 25
    1500Hz 55 40
    2000Hz 60 50
    3000Hz 60 50
    4000Hz 50 40
    6000Hz 50 40
    8000Hz 60 45

I have the Phonak Audeo B90 hearing aids and I also use the compilot air II and the compilot II. the compilot Air II, will sometimes jump back and forth from ear to ear fore a moment when I'm streaming music and turn my head, but I have not had "dropouts" unless I am in an area with low phone signal. I only use the the compilot II for watching tv (or sometimes if I get a call while watching tv). I do have a complaint with both of the units with the way they pick up my voice when talking on the phone and change the sound of it to kind of a growling sound. that is taking some time to get use to. Has anyone else notice this? One thing with the compilot Air II is that you do have to have close to your hearing aids. I pin mine on the collar of my shirts.
    KHz----.25----.5----1----2----3---4----6----8
    L--------50-----60--70---70--70--75---90--95
    R-------40-----55---70---70--70--75---90--90

I tested those adis 3 months ago, however not the rechargable version. I had no drop outs with the compilot 2. You use the rechargables? Is this late at night close to the 24 hours usage? Or already fresh out of the box. I have no experience with the R version which is rechargable, but the normal version with batteries worked flawlessly.
    Left/Right//kHz // Oticon OPN1 105dB C-Shell with support

45/55//0.25
    60/70// 0.5
    70/70//1
    60/70//2
    60/60//3
    50/45//4
    55/50//6
    45/55//8

Yep they often drop out...worse with the Compilot Air. Very good aids otherwise. That's the great thing about the Resound/Widex/Oticon direct to iPhone...awesome with no drop outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Petbug View Post
    I do have a complaint with both of the units with the way they pick up my voice when talking on the phone and change the sound of it to kind of a growling sound. that is taking some time to get use to. Has anyone else notice this?
    I have experienced something similar. I would describe it as my voice sounding very boomy, when talking on the phone through the streamer. But I got that adjusted by my Audi. It is a while ago, but as I remember it, there is a setting for the mic on the Copilot. I had her turn it down as much as the system allowed and that pretty much solved the problem. Maybe that would solve your problem as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    L R
    250Hz 25 25
    500Hz 20 20
    1000Hz 30 25
    1500Hz 55 40
    2000Hz 60 50
    3000Hz 60 50
    4000Hz 50 40
    6000Hz 50 40
    8000Hz 60 45

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gery_R View Post
    I tested those adis 3 months ago, however not the rechargable version. I had no drop outs with the compilot 2. You use the rechargables? Is this late at night close to the 24 hours usage? Or already fresh out of the box. I have no experience with the R version which is rechargable, but the normal version with batteries worked flawlessly.
    I don't think it is the rechargables. It happens any time of day. I'm trying to figure out where and when it is most likely to happen.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Um bongo View Post
    Is the Compilot on the short or long neckloop? It can make a difference to the NFMI field density.

That said, certain interference can also impact the performance - and although it's entirely a guess on my part, the metallic dye content of darker colored clothing collars sitting over the wire forms a bit of a Faraday cage too.

Either that or it's just a duff one.

I've got the long loop. Short one was too difficult to mess with. I find the long loop works better when I have it spread further away from my neck.
    Does not work well at all if the loop is completely closed (expected).