Thread: Choosing a cabled Hearing Aid Programming Device

1. Thumbs up Choosing a cabled Hearing Aid Programming Device

These are your current choices for cabled Hearing Aid Programming Devices...

--Serial Hi-Pro/old-junk, uses old serial cable, separate power cord, and USB-Serial adapter with sufficient adapter-speed
    --USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1) flagged/removed from EBay for Trademark infringement, because you can't call it a Hi-Pro
    --USB Hi-Pro 2 (USB 2.0) very expensive!! You can't buy it anyway, I think only Pros can buy this
    --USB >>mini Pro<< (USB 2.0) recently listed on Aliexpress
    --USB Hearing Aid Programmer (USB 2.0?) recently listed on EBay
    ------ Note - We are unsure if the speed is USB 2.0 or USB 1.1
    ------ Note - You may have to find a >>Windows 10 Driver<<
    ------ Note - When looking for Windows 10 drivers, both VCP and D2XX drivers are in the same downloadable file

I am now recommending the >>mini Pro<<,
    ---Here's a link >>How to buy a mini Pro<<,
    ---also see >>is mini Pro a clone<<
    or if you don't mind looking for drivers, the USB Hearing Aid Programmer (USB 2.0?);
    or if you can find one, and you don't mind a slower speed, the USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1).

Some newbies end up getting an old-junk/Serial Hi-Pro for a slightly better price. If you get this old stuff with cables all over the place, you may have compatibility issues because today’s computers no longer have >>serial ports<< (see this >>post<< for more information).

HI-PRO FOOTNOTE... Sometimes your Com ports get switched around in C:\Windows\HiPro.ini and you might fix it by running the >>HI-Pro2 Install CD<<. See this >>Um bongo description<< of Windows serial Com port problems.

Note that I intend to update the Original Post/OP as the environment changes.
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 07:57 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

2. Default

Note that I intend to update the Original Post/OP as the environment changes.
    Last edited by pvc; 04-28-2017 at 07:37 AM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content