Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My experience with the fittinglink 3.0

Default My experience with the fittinglink 3.0

I purchased my Pair of Oticon OPN's 1 in december.. My current workplace/family situation demands me to quite often to move between Europe/USA.
    As a experienced HI user, i have chosen to go down the semi DIY Path.

I bought the fittinglink 3.0 from my local audi, including the desk stand. Also i have a (Pretty slow and useless) Noah link, that allows me to have a cabled connection to my HI.

The fittinglink 3.0 is very easy to use. I always use it placed in the desk stand, putting it directly into the usb port of my laptop seems to affect range. Possibly because of the vertical/horisontal placement.
    Placed in the desk stand, the range is quite good 7-10 meters.
    I use sound from my TV and Stereo to evaluate my adjustements in genie 2.0, and it is quite liberating to be able to move freely around while i am both adjusting and listening.
    While using the cabled connection (Noah link/cs44 flexconnect) i get a lot of noise from the flexconnects, and i often have problems with placing them correctly. Also, the flexconnectors are fragile and expensive...

The fittinglinl 3.0 works perfectly for its purpose, easy fitting and adjustements.
    Downsides: you still need a cabled connection for firmware upgrades & the price (300 USD ) is Insane...

Thanks for sharing this, nravn! Wow, $300 for the cable! I guess we can always go to our local audi to get the firmware update installed since it doesn't happen very often.

Is your local audi who sold you the Fitting Link 3.0 in the US or Europe? Do you mind sharing the price for it?
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

3. Default

Interesting/great that a local Audi sold you FittingLink 3.0!
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

4. Default

I think he meant $300 for FittingLink 3.0.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    I think he meant $300 for FittingLink 3.0.
    Oh, OK. That makes much more sense. I was about to flip over in my chair when I thought it was $300 for just the cable.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

Flipping over in your chair is still appropriate for $300 for the tiny dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by Volusiano View Post
    Oh, OK. That makes much more sense. I was about to flip over in my chair when I
    thought it was $300 for just the cable.
    300$ for the fittinglink... Prices i have seen later on online are all in the range of 290-350$...

All original fitting equipment is very expensive, probably not to encourage or stimulate a potential DIY community. The hardware itself , does not justify the high prices...

I myself am just waiting for the Noah link wireless to be launched, hopefully it will be embraced enough by the industry, so that we only need one device for everything.

https://www.himsa.com/Products/Noahl...S/Default.aspx

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nravn View Post
    -<snip>-I myself am just waiting for the Noah link wireless to be launched, hopefully it will be embraced enough by the industry, so that we only need one device for everything.

https://www.himsa.com/Products/Noahl...S/Default.aspx
    We? It may not be as simple as you envision. Here's a Utube video. Use the Pause/Play buttons to stop the slideshow so that you can read each slide carefully.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqstfEkUYPk

It says things like:
    Your Noah module will decide which interface to use for each hearing instrument.
    You can order Noahlink Wireless through HIMSA member companies and their distributors.

Most likely it will be quite difficult to get my hands on it, and quite expensive If i get the opportunity.

I did read the slides, and am aware that it only will work with future BLE HI's..
    I do anticipate that it will work for stand alone fitting software, and not just through the Noah system.

Right now its obvously just guess work from my side, but a common Industry standard, for wireless fitting, would make life easier for the DIY community. One unit for all Hearing aids...

Or maybe the Noah link wireless will have a fast and quiet death, because it will be superseded by manufacturers using mobile/iphones as programming interface...

Just pure speculation...

From the presentation it will only work with hearing aids that use LE Bluetooth. Currently only Resound has one that is compatible, but the rest of the Big 6 have models under development. It seems pretty clear that it will only work with the latest hearing aids.

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    We? It may not be as simple as you envision. Here's a Utube video. Use the Pause/Play buttons to stop the slideshow so that you can read each slide carefully.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqstfEkUYPk

It says things like:
    Your Noah module will decide which interface to use for each hearing instrument.
    You can order Noahlink Wireless through HIMSA member companies and their distributors.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40