Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: KS7 and smart connect

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    The Costco stores in this area stock the KS7. I scheduled an appointment with the express intent of buying them and wearing them after that fitting, and did just that.
    Phonak Brio 2, ComPilot II, TVLink II from Costco

    Freq R L
    250 30 35
    500 40 40
    750 40 40
    1000 40 40
    1500 25 35
    2000 35 30
    3000 50 40
    4000 50 50
    6000 75 60
    8000 80 80

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Neat that it happened that way for you. That was not how it happened for me. I was tested and fit, but aids needed to be ordered and I came back in a couple of weeks to pick them up. I think calling them as DocJake suggested is a good idea considering the 4 hr drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2 View Post
    The Costco stores in this area stock the KS7. I scheduled an appointment with the express intent of buying them and wearing them after that fitting, and did just that.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  3. Default

    When I set up the appointment I let them know that my intent was to buy KS7 if they will work for me, as I had to make a long trip to get there. I also mentioned my interest in a Smart Connect for the same reason. I asked that the appointment have enough time for the hearing test and to be fitted for a pair of KS7s. If need be I'll set up a second appointment for adjustments a week later, if they have an opening. When my brother, who lives in the same Colorado town as me was in Arizona he was able to get the whole thing done with one long appointment at the Tempe Costco a month ago.

    Again thanks for the advise --

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Cool! People coming from long distances may be a common issue for them and they've learned to accomodate. Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by gfranger View Post
    When I set up the appointment I let them know that my intent was to buy KS7 if they will work for me, as I had to make a long trip to get there. I also mentioned my interest in a Smart Connect for the same reason. I asked that the appointment have enough time for the hearing test and to be fitted for a pair of KS7s. If need be I'll set up a second appointment for adjustments a week later, if they have an opening. When my brother, who lives in the same Colorado town as me was in Arizona he was able to get the whole thing done with one long appointment at the Tempe Costco a month ago.

    Again thanks for the advise --
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Yes, great resource. Depending on how into this one wants to get, it's kind of neat to go to the DIY forums and download the Connexx 8 software and Rexfit database. Run a simulation on a Rexton 80 S (6c) and it will let you see all of the options of different settings that are available (with the exception of tinnitus setting which is not available on KS7. There's a lot to it and it helps to go to audiology online to understand the software, but if you really want to understand possibilities, it's the only way I know. Then again, just working with your hearing aid fitter is also a fine approach.
    I would like to learn a lot more about the options on my new KS7s, so I downloaded the Connexx 8 software, as suggested, but when I open it I don't see an option for Rexton 80S (6c). There are choices for Emerald XS, Emerald S, Emerald M, Stata and Charismo. Am I doing something wrong or did I download the wrong software?
    Last edited by lindyq; 04-28-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k
    R
    20
    30
    50
    65
    65
    70
    L
    20
    30 40
    65
    60 75

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    424

    Default

    I'll look on mine later, but I'm pretty sure you want the Emerald S. Should be options for 80, 60 and 40. Choose the 80. If that doesn't work, let me know,
    and I'll go back into mine and get back to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by lindyq View Post
    I would like to learn a lot more about the options on my new KS7s, so I downloaded the Connexx 8 software, as suggested, but when I open it I don't see an option for Rexton 80S (6c). There are choices for Emerald XS, Emerald S, Emerald M, Stata and Charismo. Am I doing something wrong or did I download the wrong software?
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindyq View Post
    I would like to learn a lot more about the options on my new KS7s, so I downloaded the Connexx 8 software, as suggested, but when I open it I don't see an option for Rexton 80S (6c). There are choices for Emerald XS, Emerald S, Emerald M, Stata and Charismo. Am I doing something wrong or did I download the wrong software?
    I chose Emerald S 80 6C. I wasn't sure about the numbers in the brackets but I chose 119/60 M for no reason that I recall. Remember that the KS7 was made for Costco to be slightly de-featured from a full-on Rexton that you see in the simulation. It will figure itself out if and when you actually connect the aids and will show all that's available in the KS7's.

  8. Default

    I was hoping to find a list and description of the different programs available, so I can ask for specific programs when I have my follow-up appointment. Does such a list appear on the Connexx 8, because I couldn't find it. Or better yet, is such a listing available somewhere more straightforward? (Feeling like a real dolt about this!)
    250 500 1k 2k 4k 8k
    R
    20
    30
    50
    65
    65
    70
    L
    20
    30 40
    65
    60 75

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lindyq View Post
    I was hoping to find a list and description of the different programs available, so I can ask for specific programs when I have my follow-up appointment. Does such a list appear on the Connexx 8, because I couldn't find it. Or better yet, is such a listing available somewhere more straightforward? (Feeling like a real dolt about this!)

    KS7 programs
    Have you read the 14 page thread and the other 7 page thread? Those are the two primary threads for the KS7's. Maybe you don't realize that the KS7's are a de-featured Rexton brand.

    I've only had mine for about a month but I currently have (in addition to the required Automatic that takes up one spot of 6) Telecoil (MT), Listening with speakers, Telecoil (T) and Noise/Party.
    I found the music program to be quite good (obviously not perfect). Although I can also just adjust my audio output EQ to something to match my audiogram. I just have mostly middle-aged hearing loss. Some bass and dropping highs and generally less capable hearing.
    I made my own hearing loop for my desk area and so use the Telecoil (MT) while working at my desk job to enjoy music in my ears. It sounds like a tinny old AM transistor radio of days gone by but it's not like I need a concert hall in my ears when I'm at work.
    I haven't used the other programs very much at all yet.
    Last edited by z10user2; 05-01-2017 at 05:45 PM.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    424

    Default

    For something more straightforward, I agree that reading the threads is the way to go. The list is available on Connexx 8 under program handling.

    Quote Originally Posted by lindyq View Post
    I was hoping to find a list and description of the different programs available, so I can ask for specific programs when I have my follow-up appointment. Does such a list appear on the Connexx 8, because I couldn't find it. Or better yet, is such a listing available somewhere more straightforward? (Feeling like a real dolt about this!)
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

    15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •