Thread: Choosing a cabled Hearing Aid Programming Device

1. Default Choosing a cabled Hearing Aid Programming Device

offline...
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 02:15 PM.

2. Default

offline...
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.

3. Default

Nice re-org pvc.

I can't tell you what to say any more than I can tell cszoom1 what to say but please...enough with the petty childish snarks at the guy. We'll see if he might tone things down from his side. He has every right as either an individual or a paid representative to say his piece. No one needs rude and obnoxious nonsense from any direction.
    You made this whole nice re-org and then crapped all over it with your snark.

4. Default

Good advice. Sure, I'll give it a try. It hasn't worked in the past. But let's see how it goes.

5. Default

First of all, there are other cabled programming devices on the market besides Hi-Pro. NOAHlink, EXPRESSlink3, SpeedPort/SpeedPort 2, and eMiniTec are some examples. These may work faster than Hi-Pro if your hearing aid brand is supported.

I don't want new users to think pvc's post are all-inclusive, or that he is some sort of authority on self-programming, because he's not.

This thread is just another attempt by pvc to obfuscate the truth, that nearly all USB Hi-Pro and mini Pro devices sold on eBay and AliExpress are Chinese counterfeit copies or knockoffs of the real thing.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Good advice. Sure, I'll give it a try. It hasn't worked in the past. But let's see how it goes.
    Obviously it's not working out in the future either.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cszoom1 View Post
    First of all, there are other cabled programming devices on the market besides Hi-Pro. NOAHlink, EXPRESSlink3, SpeedPort/SpeedPort 2, and eMiniTec are some examples. These may work faster than Hi-Pro if your hearing aid brand is supported.

I don't want new users to think pvc's post are all-inclusive, or that he is some sort of authority on self-programming, because he's not.

This thread is just another attempt by pvc to obfuscate the truth, that nearly all USB Hi-Pro and mini Pro devices sold on eBay and AliExpress are Chinese counterfeit copies or knockoffs of the real thing.
    Again I'm not sure of the legality of the mini pro. It seems to me to be a different product that happens to DO the task desired. It's just data. It's just transmitting that data across an "open" conduit. If it was encrypted or something then maybe. But I assume it's not. Otherwise how would it be reverse engineered?

But again. Great. Thanks for the heads up. Keep it up to remind people. But at the end of the day people will make their own choices seeing as how choices do exist. And aren't choices a great thing?

How helpful of you to provide yet more other options. Good stuff. I'd heard of NOAHlink but not the others. I seem to think that my KS7's are only supported by Hi-Pro, NOAHlink and the wireless doodad.
    Last edited by z10user2; Yesterday at 04:08 PM.