Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Aid Self Programming Help for Self Programmers

1. Thumbs up Hearing Aid Self Programming Help for Self Programmers

offline...
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 02:14 PM.

2. Default

offline...
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 07:05 PM.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    The old >>Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts<< thread has come under attack and has been replaced with this new version. If you want to read the comments in the original version just click the >>Self Programming DOs and DON'Ts<< link.

Note that I intend to update the OP/Original Post as our environment changes.

** Thanks for your support DIYers!!
    Here's an offer for you pvc. My same comment here about snark. Your inflammatory words about being under attack are just that... over the top. I'll edit this and the other post if you edit yours.
    You have all these super informative threads but you crap all over them with your ridiculous snark. And then you dump on anyone who dares to pollute "your" thread.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by z10user2 View Post
    Here's an offer for you pvc. My same comment here about snark. Your inflammatory words about being under attack are just that... over the top. I'll edit this and the other post if you edit yours.
    You have all these super informative threads but you crap all over them with your ridiculous snark. And then you dump on anyone who dares to pollute "your" thread.
    I think that you are naively misunderstanding the intent of my opposition. But that's okay. I respect your opinion. You should stick around for a while.

5. Default

Then please do enlighten us all with what your intent is.

I think I might have gotten into this forum just around the time that cszoom1 showed up with his responses.
    I'm on your side and am thankful for all the options you have written about. But the "attack" language is silly. Especially that you repeat them again on your nice re-orgs. He's just as entitled to say what he likes here as you are. We'll see if he can tone down his language. But hey at the end of the day I ain't no forum police.

6. Default

Did you know there is a thread specifically for that topic? >>Civility<<

My intent? I thought I made it clear in the title,,,
    Hearing Aid Self Programming Help for Self Programmers
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 11:45 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Did you know there is a thread specifically for that topic? >>Civility<<

My intent? I thought I made it clear in the title,,,
    Hearing Aid Self Programming Help for Self Programmers
    Obviously that's the intent of your main posts. They're excellent and very helpful. Afterwards in replies to me you suggest I'm naive to the intent of your opposition. That's what I'm asking about. I can clearly see your opposition to cszoom1 and his to you.

As for civility, I quickly recognized that other character for what he is when I first got here. This isn't my first rodeo. I had somewhat thought that of you. But then you have these terrific really helpful threads. He doesn't. So I value your input. With that then you simply don't NEED to have the snark. Why color what you have to offer when it's so unnecessary. But then you agreed with him and his ways so evidently that's who you are.
    And then you did this whole nice re-org but had to spoil it by dumping all over YOUR OWN THREAD with crap.
    You're quite the conundrum.

8. Default

Big mistake, z10user2. You just crapped all over pvc's pristine new thread. All users must genuflect prior to posting in any of his threads, so as not to be declared "off-topic". You're now on his blacklist and will be receiving your new derogatory nickname shortly.

9. Default

In case you haven't noticed we have been working at this for some time. Here's a couple of threads from almost a decade ago with views=100K+. You know what they have in common. They don't work. They are history. They are assigned to the dusty storage bin of this forum.
    >>searching for fitiing software<<
    >>self-programming-where-to-get-hard-and-software<<

Then we get newbie DIYers arriving all the time. They have a hard time finding posts that are half a page down, much less past the first page of threads. If you stick around you can watch them make the same mistakes over-and-over.

So while trying to deal with these DIY failures of the past, and newbie DIYers on our doorstep, and the GN takedown of Internet sales for certain hearing aid programming devices, I also have to deal with the damn forum police? Didn't you just say you ain't no forum police? Did I say I'll give it a try in the Thread: Choosing a cabled Hearing Aid Programming Device?

I'm trying to be nice/civil to you. You think this was just a flame war. It's more than that from my view. So you need to back off.

10. Default

Oh, and by the way, hacking into a company's private, password-protected server and then posting unauthorized links to the fitting software contained within should get you a date with the real-world police.