Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to buy a mini Pro (USB 2.0 Hearing Aid Programmer)

Blog Entries

Hidden Content
    KS6's w. Phone Clip +

Visit my blog here for post that I think valuable -- especially new members.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. -- William Shakespeare

2. Default

mini Pro price changed to @$208
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

3. Default

It's crazy how volatile the prices have been. FYI ebay seems to have it too?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152558757054

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gkumar View Post
    It's crazy how volatile the prices have been. FYI ebay seems to have it too?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152558757054
    No the mini Pro is not on EBay.

NOTE that you may indeed see mini PRO's listed on EBay from Chinese sellers. Read this fairy tale,,,
    Once upon a time there was only the Serial Hi-Pro/old-junk and the USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1)
    Then there was a flood of Chinese USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1).
    Recently GN launched an aggressive take-down of Internet sales of Chinese Hi Pros.
    **At this point no one can use the name "Hi Pro" and sell the Chinese USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1)**

Then along came the USB mini Pro (USB 2.0). Tada! A new King is born.
    Now, Chinese sellers are re-naming their USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1) as a USB mini Pro to avoid infringement.
    Don't get tricked into buying the Chinese USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1). Get the USB mini Pro (USB 2.0) instead. It's cheaper too.
    The Chinese USB Hi-Pro (USB 1.1) is not a mini Pro
    Last edited by pvc; Yesterday at 03:27 PM.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    Heavy sigh,,, No the mini Pro is not on EBay.

Once upon a time there was only the Hi Pro.
    Then there were mini pro from China..

Then there was the mini Pro,
    What do you think is written underneath that blacked-out area preceding USB on the clone?
    Thank you for clarifying. Appreciate your insights! Seems that the mini Pro is also USB 2.0 speed (left) rather than 1.0 speed (right) too, decreasing the value proposition of the right picture.
    Last edited by gkumar; Yesterday at 04:07 PM.

Actually I do see minipro on ebay now. A little higher prices, but at least from pic seems to be minipro
    https://www.ebay.com/i/172788534334?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Quote Originally Posted by gkumar View Post
    Thank you for clarifying. Appreciate your insights! Seems that the mini Pro is also USB 2.0 speed (left) rather than 1.0 speed (right) too, decreasing the value proposition of the right picture.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    Actually I do see minipro on ebay now. A little higher prices, but at least from pic seems to be minipro
    https://www.ebay.com/i/172788534334?chn=ps&dispItem=1
    Thanks, they are on EBay for $219 (from Fujian Province, China). The third picture is somewhat confusing?? Also, the seller has zero feedback entries. I would still go with the Aliexpress seller for $208.

8. Default

The price of the mini Pro seems to have stabilized at $208 on Aliexpress.

The one mini Pro that we saw on EBay for $219 (from Fujian Province, China) from the seller with zero feedback entries is no longer listed. So the mini Pro is still only available on Aliexpress.