Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offer to my not-so-much Fans

1. Default Offer to my not-so-much Fans

If you want to have a discussion about Genuine Hi Pro devices versus Chinese Hi-Pro counterfeit/knockoffs then we will be happy to have that discussion. In a separate thread!

Maybe when and where to buy them? How cheap or not cheap is the construction? How expensive or not expensive is the price?

Starting that discussion by thread crapping on every thread that was designed to help self programmers is a non starter.

Perhaps it could be this thread, or just start any new thread and begin to exercise your free speech.

I will be happy to participate in a civil manner.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

2. Default

OMG!! All of my threads are rated 1 out of 5 stars. What am I going to do now? My reputation is ruined!

Now my wife looks at me like I'm just a one-star guy! Woe is me!

I am guessing that you would prefer not to have this discussion.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming links"

I didn't even know we could rate threads! I'm sure there are some of you that think trying to limit a thread is stupid. It's not. If you've been around awhile, you've seen how threads can grow to 100's of posts, often having little relationship to the original post. PVC's posts are invaluable. On most forums they would be stickies and posting to them wouldn't be allowed. With a thread cluttered up with multiple posts, it can make it very difficult to find the info one is looking for. PVC bends over backwards to help newby self programmers, moreso than I would. If they'd really read his post, they often wouldn't need to ask the question. I often think from some of the questions that I see that self programming is not for that person. If your first response to a technical issue is to ask for help, self programming is probably not for you. If instead, it's to do a Google search and see what you can figure out, then probably so.
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pvc View Post
    If you want to have a discussion about Genuine Hi Pro devices versus Chinese Hi-Pro counterfeit/knockoffs then we will be happy to have that discussion. In a separate thread!

Maybe when and where to buy them? How cheap or not cheap is the construction? How expensive or not expensive is the price?

Starting that discussion by thread crapping on every thread that was designed to help self programmers is a non starter.

Perhaps it could be this thread, or just start any new thread and begin to exercise your free speech.

I will be happy to participate in a civil manner.
    Funny how "free speech" only extends to threads that don't belong to you. And I use the term "belong" loosely. We also saw how civil you were to another user yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, how many more duplicates are you willing to create before you're banned? I'm guessing you're on pretty thin ice right now after the forum admin had to come in last night and clean up the huge mess you made. I think you demonstrated to everybody here just how emotionally unstable you truly are.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cszoom1 View Post
    Funny how "free speech" only extends to threads that don't belong to you. And I use the term "belong" loosely. We also saw how civil you were to another user yesterday.

Just out of curiosity, how many more duplicates are you willing to create before you're banned? I'm guessing you're on pretty thin ice right now after the forum admin had to come in last night and clean up the huge mess you made. I think you demonstrated to everybody here just how emotionally unstable you truly are.
    I rest my case,,, No need to post the complete history again. I think we all get it now.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    I didn't even know we could rate threads! I'm sure there are some of you that think trying to limit a thread is stupid. It's not. If you've been around awhile, you've seen how threads can grow to 100's of posts, often having little relationship to the original post. PVC's posts are invaluable. On most forums they would be stickies and posting to them wouldn't be allowed. With a thread cluttered up with multiple posts, it can make it very difficult to find the info one is looking for. PVC bends over backwards to help newby self programmers, moreso than I would. If they'd really read his post, they often wouldn't need to ask the question. I often think from some of the questions that I see that self programming is not for that person. If your first response to a technical issue is to ask for help, self programming is probably not for you. If instead, it's to do a Google search and see what you can figure out, then probably so.
    The vBulletin software used by this forum has the capability to make sticky's. There are also add-ons that can lock a post or thread. The software also has the ability to limit the window of opportunity to edit after the post is written. I've seen in other forums where it's just 24 hours. Sticky's just keep the thread on the top. Adding a lock to that then makes it a permanent reference.
    You often see on other forums where people keep saying to make a particular post or really informative thread into a sticky. Then the admin or moderator makes it a sticky simply by popular demand.
    Then maybe have a poll to see if people would like a particular post or thread locked. If some of the contents of that now great thread could use some updating then the admin or moderator could grant permission to that poster to edit. But I would suggest that there MUST be a rule that the posts can't simply be removed on a whim or that the main content can't be substantially changed without justification. Either that or that poster give the new text to the admin or moderator to make the change.

This is the difficulty I had with what transpired. The root of the problem is the indefinite editing window, the lack of sticky usage and the lack of locking posts resulting in whoever wrote whatever can simply remove it just because they feel like it thereby denying future readers of the great information.

It seems pretty much a given that pvc's posts are of just such a nature. Sticky them and lock them and let him do small edits as required through time. He keeps directing people to start new threads. Well sticky'd and locked would preclude that and all the emotions therein.

As future people come in and maybe have great things to offer then people can nominate their posts for sticky and maybe proceed to locking.

7. Default

Yep, that might work for a while. Though, our Admin is not exactly a social butterfly who responds to popular demand. Responses are usually in the form of delete the entire damn thread if someone has a problem with it. Also I believe you forgot about the iconic threads/failures from the past that I showed you earlier.

Personally, I would not be interested in participating in the Approved-Sticky/governing-by-committee system. But you can use my material (which I consider as public domain property) as a Sticky starting point if it ever comes to that. Also, just copy the information to your personal computer if you don't trust that it will remain available.

Anywho, Things can change in a hurry. For example, last year we didnít have a mini Pro. Last month GN was successful with the take-down of Internet sales for almost everything for Hi-Pro Trademark infringement.

Wireless fitting devices are changing things dramatically.

The >>Noahlink Wireless<< device for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled hearing instruments has the potential to change everything. Though, it's still mysterious how/if this will be implemented.

8. Default

Yep, that might work for a while. Though, our Admin is not exactly a social butterfly who responds to popular demand. Responses are usually in the form of delete the entire damn thread if someone has a problem with it. Also I believe you forgot about the iconic threads/failures from the past that I showed you earlier.
    Well...apparently you have his ear
    I don't recall you pointing out iconic threads but that's history so that's ok. I'm trying to look forward.

Personally, I would not be interested in participating in the Approved-Sticky/governing-by-committee system. But you can use my material (which I consider as public domain property) as a Sticky starting point if it ever comes to that. Also, just copy the information to your personal computer if you don't trust that it will remain available.
    Well I guess that's just me being all democratic and all. Apparently you come from a military background (salute and respect and all that if so) which would mean you're all fine with authority and being authoritarian. But I despise authority other than being forced to submit by the folks with the guns (and my pay check ). To have people claiming authority over me without said guns riles me a bit.

Anywho, Things can change in a hurry. For example, last year we didnít have a mini Pro. Last month GN was successful with the take-down of Internet sales for almost everything for Hi-Pro Trademark infringement.

Wireless fitting devices are changing things dramatically.

The >>Noahlink Wireless<< device for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) enabled hearing instruments has the potential to change everything. Though, it's still mysterious how/if this will be implemented.
    Hmm...so they could keep it a closed system I guess. Yeah that would be crappy for the diy'er.

9. Default

No I don't have his ear.

Yeah I was pretty sure you just breezed by those iconic threads with 100K+ views;
    searching for fitiing software

self programming where to get hard- and software

I have no problem with authority so long as it's me being the authority.

Closed system? Some think it will be wide open. One wireless device for everything.
    ----------
    My knowledge here is not so all-important. There are many here who could give you the exact same recommendations. The difference is that I took the time/effort to organize and defend some basic information for those who are new to self programming. Self programming newcomers are usually in desperate need of basic information.

Letís talk about the term defend for a moment. In case you havenít been keeping up with current events, defending this information is not exactly easy. Especially when you consider questions of legality, and even threats like the recent post mentioning ďreal policeĒ.

Your first task to change things is to convince Admin to support stickies. This task is for you, not me. Good luck.

10. Default

I have no problem with authority so long as it's me being the authority.
    LOL. Oh wait.

Closed system? Some think it will be wide open. One wireless device for everything.
    Wide open would be great then. Where's the problem? Even still if it were to be a closed system then they would still need to continue to support legacy devices until there are none still being used.

----------
    My knowledge here is not so all-important. There are many here who could give you the exact same recommendations. The difference is that I took the time/effort to organize and defend some basic information for those who are new to self programming. Self programming newcomers are usually in desperate need of basic information.

Letís talk about the term defend for a moment. In case you havenít been keeping up with current events, defending this information is not exactly easy. Especially when you consider questions of legality, and even threats like the recent post mentioning ďreal policeĒ.
    Which is why I'm suggesting the sticky/lock method. That would remove your anguish over people cluttering your basic information threads for the sake of future readers needing that basic information. Done and done.

Your first task to change things is to convince Admin to support stickies. This task is for you, not me. Good luck.
    Whoever said it was up to you? I'm assuming that admin and moderators, if there are any moderators, keep an eye on things. Maybe nothing of the sort is happening. But a lot of stuff got removed recently so someone's watching or were in fact informed by someone with their ear.