Thread: Earbuds and hearing loss - a new game changing technology

Default Earbuds and hearing loss - a new game changing technology

I don't know how I happened on Asius Technologies but it may have been when I was concerned that I was damaging my hearing when singing on stage in a church praise band. At any rate, this technology is revolutionary IMHO and I want to share it with you guys. Every time I put earbuds in my ears, I worry that I'm doing harm to my hearing even when I keep the volume down. Stephen Ambrose is the inventor of the in-ear-monitor and realized some time ago that his invention was causing hearing loss. Earbuds were an offshoot of the in-ear-monitor and they also cause hearing loss as most of us know. Stephen's company, Asius Technologies, has developed a new and most innovative way to protect hearing while using these devices! This is the real deal and they have been doing research at Vanderbilt University on this technology. The most exciting thing for me is that they are also in the process of developing hearing aids based on this technology. Have a look at this video which can explain so much better than I can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7FSPYsmJ9k
    If I sound like an ad, I'm not. I'm just a person who is slowly loosing her hearing and looking at all my options for preserving my existing hearing and improving it. My husband and myself were so impressed with this that we flew to Colorado to participate in a volunteer trial of the Adel earbuds. They have a website for more information although it can be a little hard to understand if you're not an audiophile. I'm not by the way. Just google Asius Technologies for the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    This Stephen guy has no idea how the ear works. The worst part was when he made that guy cry thinking that hearing had been restored to his dead ear when in reality the sound was just routing over to his good ear via bone conduction.
    I appreciate your skepticism because I'm a skeptical person myself but he does know that this is bone conduction. It was one of the first things he explained to me. I'm not a technician but I have demoed the Adel earbuds and the inflatable earbuds and the sound was really fantastic. I'm afraid I didn't select the best video to share since it was a very general open message to Brian Johnson of AC/DC who has been warned by his ENT that he would lose the rest of his hearing if he continued to perform. I think before you totally shoot something or someone down you should do some research. I don't think an institution as prestigious as Vanderbilt University would spend a moment on any aspect of this technology if there was nothing to it! Please read the following for more information on the research conducted at Vanderbilt: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/13...68512715652179
    Last edited by Shirley; 05-02-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Not wanting to pour scorn on this, but you'd think that the Authors of a release like this would know the differences between 'affect' and 'effect'.

So they've reduced the peak intensity but maintained the perception of loudness by adding a filtered (time delay)diaphragm to the back of the driver. And somehow this is better for your hearing? That's like saying I'm going to add ballons to the sidewall of your tires that inflate and deflate as you hit bumps - and I'm going to claim you get better MPG.

If you want a more dynamic Thuras function or just want to make the sound more 'mushy' just ask for a different driver unit with different impedance characteristics. Knowles do a bucket-load of them. Or how about just doing it in the electronics beforehand, rather than promoting something that doesn't really reduce the net energy exposure to the ear - meaning that the wearer will think they are getting less exposure due to lower peak values, but end up doing more damage overall.

Just IMHO of course.
    'He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.'
    Link to my entry in the Hidden Content section.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content - Maintenance Stuff
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Snake Oil...