Thread: New HA Coming soon - Phonak Naida UP V90 BTE

Default New HA Coming soon - Phonak Naida UP V90 BTE

Hi All, I have been a member here since 2011 and may need a bit to catch up with all the jargon but bare with me.

I'm a retired USAF Vet and have had hearing loss starting back when I was in my late 20's. I'm now 67.
    VA has been supplying me with HAs since I got out of the USAF. I get new ones about every 4 years.
    I know technology advances quickly in this field so I'm always glad to get a new pair of HAs.
    I have had all types of HAs and wanted to hear what others who may have these the Naida UP V90.
    I know I will finally get the soft mold in the ear as all my past versions have been the hard solid mold in the ear.

My Audiologist suggested and has ordered me the following.
    Phonak Naida UP V90 BTE set.
    With these Options
    TVLinkII
    ComPilot Air II R
    Roger Clip on Mic or maybe the Pen for groups
    I do know this is the Ultra Power version (UP) with 20 channels, etc, etc.
    It has the new (1yr old) Venture processing chip

Does anyone have these HAs?

They are the largest BTE HAs around and use the 675 battery and just wondered how long they last in normal 12-15 hour days.
    Can anyone tell me a bit more on programming modes I should get loaded? I believe it has room for 5 favorites.

My ideas would be:
    1. Normal everyday mode upon startup.
    2. A Restaurant Mode
    3. Music Listening Mode

Any suggestions or information from anyone who has knowledge of these HAs will be greatly appreciated.
    Coming Soon - Phonak Naida Ultra Power V90 w/TVLink, ComPilot Air II, TVLink and RemoteMic
    Present - Starkey Xino micro AP i110

-250 500 1000 1500 2000 3000 4000 6000 8000
    L 40--45--50---70---85---90--105+--105+--105+
    R 40--45--55---70---75---75---70----75-----75

naida venture is about 1 year old as of now, it is still a top notch HA and has all the features that audeo belong has + more power but without being recharable.

Battries depend on how much you use the streamer and how much they need to amp up the sound for your loss, but should last oprox. 2 weeks in the case of 675.

The com pilot air doesn't last that long compared to the normal com pilot 2, unless you hate the sling around your neck I wouldn't recommend it.

Programms are available in the fitting software, just look over them once you're getting fitted, you'll get the idea what they do and if you need them.

Sine the phonak concentrate on pickung up and arc in front of you, the programm that narrows that one down additionally wasn't really doing it for me, also the 360 programm is rather quiet and didn't really do much for me.

If it weren't for the OPN I would have picked a V90 SP Naida, they're very good aids.
    Left/Right//kHz // Oticon OPN1 105dB C-Shell with support

45/55//0.25
    60/70// 0.5
    70/70//1
    60/70//2
    60/60//3
    50/45//4
    55/50//6
    45/55//8

Remember you are not locked into those aids you have a 90 day trial period same as places out in the wild.

might be right, for his hearing loss there's pratically not many options left, phonak has the best power aids period...
    Left/Right//kHz // Oticon OPN1 105dB C-Shell with support

45/55//0.25
    60/70// 0.5
    70/70//1
    60/70//2
    60/60//3
    50/45//4
    55/50//6
    45/55//8

Quote Originally Posted by georged193 View Post
    My question is on the Oticon OPN 1: Did you buy these online? If so, do they give you a self-program module to use? I understand that is possible. It sounds attractive to me. I cannot see how an audiologist can do better than I can if I can self-program. Are the OPNs moisture resistant? Thanks for details on your experience.
    At the risk of hijacking the thread further, you don't get to keep the programming module for the OPN forever if you buy the OPN online. They only send it to you temporarily so they program it for you remotely, then when it's all done you'll have to send it back to them. If you want your own you'll have to buy your own afterward.

Yes OPN are IP rated at 68, so it's better than moisture resistant. I would go swimming or take a shower with it on, but sweat or rain should be no problem.
    HA wearer since the 1990's > Rexton Insite+ CIC (2011-2016) > Oticon OPN RITE (2016)

KHz 0.25...0.5...0.75...1.0...1.5...2.0...3.0...4.0... 6.0...8.0

Left ...10...10....10.....30.....70....75....80....95.. ..90....80
    Right .25...30....40.....55.....75....85....90....90...1 00...100

The Costco Brio 2 bte with the 675 battery is very similar to the Phonak Naida V90 up bte with the 675 battery. The Costco Brio 2 with the 13 battery is very similar to the Phonak Naida V90 p bte with the 13 battery. I tried a set of Brio p bte a little over 2 years ago but took them back as Costco was unable to adjust them for my hearing loss. I purchased a set of Naida 9Q90 bte with the 13 battery from a Connect Hearing dealer and have been wearing for 2 years. I tried the Naida V90 bte with the 13 battery but the best price was a little less than $5,000 and did not purchase. I recently have purchased the Brio 2 bte with the 13 battery and while I am still having adjustments made it offers many advantages - V Platform over the Q Platform.

I have a friend whose hearing is actually worse than mine. He has tried the Costco Brio 2 with the 675 battery and it allowed him to understand much better than the Resound HA he has had for 4 years. He is also considering the Resound ENZO 998 bte with the 675 battery and he will try a demo in a couple of days. I do not know how the Resound ENZO 998 with the 675 battery compares with the Phonak Naida V90 bte with the 675 battery? I believe they both have the power he needs but do not know if the ENZO 998 helps speech understanding like the Naida V90 bte (675) does. Speech Understanding with the Phonak V Platform is much better than the Q Platform.

While the Costco Brio 2 bte with the 675 battery is less than half the cost of the Enzo 998 my firend has insurance that will pay the full cost of either however it requires paperwork to be filled out and submitted by the Audi with payment going direct to the Audi. Costco has said they will not handle any type of insurance.

The Costco Brio 2 HA that I am currently wearing has "Brio 2 B-13" noted on the side of each HA.

I will report back on the performance of the Resound ENZO 998.
    Jim

- - - - - 250 - - - 500 - - - 1k - - - 2k - - - 3k - - - 4k

Right -- 55 - - - 65 - - - 85 - - -115 - - - NR - - - NR

Left - - -55 - - - 70 - - - 80 - - - 95 - - - 120 - - - NR

Thanks for this information. I wasn't clear if Costco offerec super power aids. Those Brio 2s seem like great value for somebody with a profound loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimo View Post
    The Costco Brio 2 bte with the 675 battery is very similar to the Phonak Naida V90 up bte with the 675 battery. The Costco Brio 2 with the 13 battery is very similar to the Phonak Naida V90 p bte with the 13 battery. I tried a set of Brio p bte a little over 2 years ago but took them back as Costco was unable to adjust them for my hearing loss. I purchased a set of Naida 9Q90 bte with the 13 battery from a Connect Hearing dealer and have been wearing for 2 years. I tried the Naida V90 bte with the 13 battery but the best price was a little less than $5,000 and did not purchase. I recently have purchased the Brio 2 bte with the 13 battery and while I am still having adjustments made it offers many advantages - V Platform over the Q Platform.

I have a friend whose hearing is actually worse than mine. He has tried the Costco Brio 2 with the 675 battery and it allowed him to understand much better than the Resound HA he has had for 4 years. He is also considering the Resound ENZO 998 bte with the 675 battery and he will try a demo in a couple of days. I do not know how the Resound ENZO 998 with the 675 battery compares with the Phonak Naida V90 bte with the 675 battery? I believe they both have the power he needs but do not know if the ENZO 998 helps speech understanding like the Naida V90 bte (675) does. Speech Understanding with the Phonak V Platform is much better than the Q Platform.

While the Costco Brio 2 bte with the 675 battery is less than half the cost of the Enzo 998 my firend has insurance that will pay the full cost of either however it requires paperwork to be filled out and submitted by the Audi with payment going direct to the Audi. Costco has said they will not handle any type of insurance.

The Costco Brio 2 HA that I am currently wearing has "Brio 2 B-13" noted on the side of each HA.

.25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

Quote Originally Posted by Jimo View Post

Great high jacking of the OP's thread!