Thread: How to do voice dialing with Compilot II?

1. Question How to do voice dialing with Compilot II?

So, I have a Compilot II, and I have it paired with two phones (my work phone and personal phone). When either phone receives a call, I get a voice prompt with the caller and can answer the call by pressing the big button. Now, the instructions say I can also do voice dialing. I have the Compilot configured for voice dialing by holding the big button for >2 sec and saying the name of the person to call.
    But when I do this, all I get is a message saying "Not possible".

Two questions here:
    1) Exactly what am I supposed to say to get it to do the call? Just the contact's name? Something like "Call John Doe"? Instructions are not real clear here.

2) If I can get this working, how do I know which of the two paired phones will the call go out on?

I tried turning off Bluetooth on one phone and then voice-dialing, and got the same result. Has anybody got this working?
    Freq:..25..500.1k.1.5k.2k..3k..4k..6k..8k
    Left:..10..10..10..20..35..60..60..35..25
    Right:.0...7...10..20..30..55..55..30..25

Is voice dial set up to work on your phone without the compilot? Because if not, doing it through the compilot won't work.

I have an iphone 6, all I do is press the button for abour 2 secs. an than say "call person s name in my contact" also if they have more than one phone Like a cell phone and a home phone you have to say which phone to call. Like Neville said, you have to have that set up on your compilot. you can do that by downloading the phonak app and than go to settings under streamer
    KHz----.25----.5----1----2----3---4----6----8
    L--------50-----60--70---70--70--75---90--95
    R-------40-----55---70---70--70--75---90--90

4. Default

Neville, can you be more specific? Is there a certain voice-dialing app I need on my phone (Android)? A certain setting for this? Where would that setting be?

The question is.. Can you voice dial your phone without the compilot in the loop? There's no magic in the compilot.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fortnotes View Post
    So, I have a Compilot II, and I have it paired with two phones (my work phone and personal phone). When either phone receives a call, I get a voice prompt with the caller and can answer the call by pressing the big button. Now, the instructions say I can also do voice dialing. I have the Compilot configured for voice dialing by holding the big button for >2 sec and saying the name of the person to call.
    But when I do this, all I get is a message saying "Not possible".

Two questions here:
    1) Exactly what am I supposed to say to get it to do the call? Just the contact's name? Something like "Call John Doe"? Instructions are not real clear here.

2) If I can get this working, how do I know which of the two paired phones will the call go out on?

I tried turning off Bluetooth on one phone and then voice-dialing, and got the same result. Has anybody got this working?
    The voice dialing feature on the ComPilot II needs to be enabled by your audiologist before you can use it. You can also download the Phonak RemoteControl App for iOS or Android and configure the feature yourself. If two phones are connected at the same time, the call goes out on the phone which was last paired.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rasmus_braun View Post
    The voice dialing feature on the ComPilot II needs to be enabled by your audiologist before you can use it. You can also download the Phonak RemoteControl App for iOS or Android and configure the feature yourself. If two phones are connected at the same time, the call goes out on the phone which was last paired.

Rasmus, thanks for the update. The comment about which of the two phones the call goes out on is most helpful. Yes, my audiologist has already enabled the feature, and I do have the Android app. My issue is that there was no specific instructions on what you must say to get it to dial.
    From what I am reading here, and also from some experimentation, it appears that holding the button for two seconds does nothing more than feed the microphone input to the phone, so it depends upon what voice-dialing app you might have on your phone. Is this true? My original assumption was that since the Compilot has access to the contact list, it would interpret the voice itself and look up the number in the contacts. It is beginning to look like that was a false assumption. I really think a little more detailed explanation in the official documentation would have helped.

You don't need an app on your you need to enable voice calling in your phone.. What make/phone are you trying to use?

9. Default

In the past, I've used the Dragon app for hands-free dialing and other things. I might try that again.