Thread: Would two hearing aids of the same side pair up?

1. Default Would two hearing aids of the same side pair up?

I am asking this because there is someone selling two OPN's BUT they are both left side. I asked them how they managed to get both at left side but they simply are a buy and sell company, must have been two separate people sold them a single OPN on separate occasions. Do they NEED to be left and right in order to pair up?

An additional variation on this. Could you exchange a "Right" receiver for a "Left" and if so, would that let the hearing aids be recognized as right and left and let them be paired?

Quote Originally Posted by lahingoso View Post
    I am asking this because there is someone selling two OPN's BUT they are both left side. I asked them how they managed to get both at left side but they simply are a buy and sell company, must have been two separate people sold them a single OPN on separate occasions. Do they NEED to be left and right in order to pair up?
    .25 .5 1 1.5 2 3.0 4.0 6.0 8.0

15 15 20 30 30 55 75 90 NR ​KS7
    10 10 20 15 25 35 65 85 95 WRS 100/92@45/40

3. Default

I doubt it because the software/fitting device will only identify the hearing aids, not the receivers.

4. Default

You would pair them (so to speak) in the fitting software (Genie 2) with a cabled connection. That is, you would connect one on the Right cable connection and one on the Left cable connection. Genie 2 would tell you that one of the HAs has been switched and give you a chance to switch it back. After that they are Right and Left except maybe for any battery-door Red/Blue markings.
    Click >>Hidden Content << when your post count=10+ or Use Search for "self programming"
    My Hidden Content , My Wife's Hidden Content

Are they the same models? Is either receiver the correct power? Who will program them? What happens if one is a dud? Any warranty or return available?

If they are both OPN 1s, or both OPN 2s, or both OPN3s, I am pretty sure it doesn't matter. My two OPN 1s appear to be identical. For warranty purposes they may be registered as right and left, but functionally they are the same. Mine were purchased thru TruHearing and my audiologist needed to tell TruHearing which serial number went with which ear. I believe Genie 2 software just reads the serial number based on how the cables are hooked up. If different than the original reading (cables got switched), the software will warn you. So likely, warranty might be your only (but big) concern.
    Freq. 250 500 1K 2K 3K 4K 6K 8K
    R 15 5 10 25 45 65 50 35
    L 10 5 10 35 60 65 75 65

Oticon OPN1 w/85 Receivers and Open Domes since Nov. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    An additional variation on this. Could you exchange a "Right" receiver for a "Left" and if so, would that let the hearing aids be recognized as right and left and let them be paired?
    the side is determined by the serial nunmber, or let's say the software on the device, not the receiver.

I think you would have to flash the FW to make it a different side, but that is just a guess.
    Left/Right//kHz // Oticon OPN1 105dB C-Shell with support

45/55//0.25
    60/70// 0.5
    70/70//1
    60/70//2
    60/60//3
    50/45//4
    55/50//6
    45/55//8

How/who will register them? Since they are not new they are probably already registered by 2 different folks? My advice would be to insist on the serial numbers and check their status.. But its your dime!